+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Residents(on H1/L1/F1/H4/GC EB2, EB3) in CIC Express Entry Pool connect here

jsjsjsj

Feb 15, 2016
@ mashamasha
I don't think it really matters where you apply from. (Other members - does it?) In any case, if you think that you'll apply in the next 3-4 months get your fingerprints done and mail them to FBI ASAP!

sraj07

May 26, 2015
get your WES and IELTS , FBI PCC all three things in parallel ..

out of all 3 , getting FBI PCC is the time consuming ...

We have only very very few people here applying from USA ,. I struggled a lot to get things done .... Glad to the thread owner ..

I will be still happy if the owner start a whatssapp grp ONLY for USA ppl ... I am not sure if he likes to do or not ...

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jsjsjsj @sraj07 Thank you, guys! I will take care of my WES paperwork and FBI fingerprints next week. Has anyone done the live scan fingerprints? Is it worth it?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
Hello, everyone!

I am on F1/OPT from Russia applying for EE. My OPT ends in June 2016. I have only recently taken IELTS and am supposed to get my results by mail in the next couple of days or so. My main concern is the timing. I decided to wait with the WES report until I get my IELTS scores. But, given that I only have a few more months left in the U.S., should I start the process from here at all? Or should I wait a few months and get it all going from Russia?

The problem is, I am not sure whether I will get my H1-B, my company is applying, but I am afraid about the quota. Anyone in a similar situation?
Having gone through all of this not too long ago from the US, I second others' recommendation that you get all three going simultaneously: IELTS, credentials evaluation and FBI finger prints. For the latter, take a couple of sets of extra prints and mail those along, too. Several folks, including my spouse, have received notifications for reprints and that just adds a lot more time to what is an already excruciatingly long wait.

With WES (if that's the organization you choose), make sure transcripts and copies of degrees are delivered as required. Getting documents from US institutions is pretty straight forward. Build in extra time for getting stuff from schools elsewhere.

Also, for IELTS, as others have pointed out, it's tricky to get appointments. Depending on where you live, you might even have to travel a bit to access a center that administers the test.

Long story short: plan ahead and give yourself ample time!

Good luck!

Good luck!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
mashamasha said:
Hello, everyone!

I am on F1/OPT from Russia applying for EE. My OPT ends in June 2016. I have only recently taken IELTS and am supposed to get my results by mail in the next couple of days or so. My main concern is the timing. I decided to wait with the WES report until I get my IELTS scores. But, given that I only have a few more months left in the U.S., should I start the process from here at all? Or should I wait a few months and get it all going from Russia?

The problem is, I am not sure whether I will get my H1-B, my company is applying, but I am afraid about the quota. Anyone in a similar situation?
Masha, if I remember correctly F1/OPT is for 12 months, 20 hours a week. What Canada Immigration program you're going to select? Do you have enough work experience for FSWP? Did you try CIC Eligibility tool?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

sraj07

May 26, 2015
one more thing ,,

we took fingerprints on the card ... not live sscan ... when they take prints on cards take two or three copies with you

send only one print per application ... which means you prepare two or three separate applications in separate package .. and send each package to FBI in a gap of one week to eachother ,,, in this way if one got rejected also , the other one can help ..

I sent 3 packages in a gap of one month ..just to be on safer side and to avoid delay ... I know it is not cost effective .... but time effective and peace effective

Reactions: asshruff

ESREDDY

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Im in the process of gathering all my documents to submit to CIC. I got my ITA on 24th FEB.

Can any one guide me on how to get the photos required for the application.

Do we need to get digital photos or printed copies?

Pls suggest.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
ESREDDY said:
Hi All,

Im in the process of gathering all my documents to submit to CIC. I got my ITA on 24th FEB.

Can any one guide me on how to get the photos required for the application.

Do we need to get digital photos or printed copies?

Pls suggest.
For now digital photo should suffice.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ pfsw: OPT is for 12 months, unlimited hours, as long one works in their chosen field of study. I have a Master's degree and over four years of experience, and I tried the CIC eligibility tool, so I think I'm pretty set :)

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Deccan: Thank you so much for your advice. I'm in D.C. and has taken the test on Feb. 20, so I am just waiting for my results to get here. Their online tool doesn't work, uggh. Will try to take care of my FBI background check certificate asap, as well as WES. Speaking of, I only did my Master's in the U.S., my undergrad is from Russia. The folks at ICAS told me that the understanding is, CIC only looks at the highest earned credential, so I need not worry about my undergrad degrees. Does anyone have any advice on that?

Thank you all very much for your input. Greatly appreciated!

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sraj07 Thank you so much! The FBI process looks a bit tricky, but oh well, the government is notorious for its bureaucracy. I am reading up on the process now.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, apologies in advance for asking for so many things at once, but has anyone used MyFBIReport? It looks like an approved government contractor that can get the job done in 21 days. Am wondering if anyone has recommendations?

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
mashamasha said:
Also, apologies in advance for asking for so many things at once, but has anyone used MyFBIReport? It looks like an approved government contractor that can get the job done in 21 days. Am wondering if anyone has recommendations?
You can not use contractor.. you have to send directly to FBI....

follow this link ---

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

ginna.p

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
rahul1404 said:
You can not use contractor.. you have to send directly to FBI....

follow this link ---

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Yeah... getting your certificate through a channeler is a lot faster but CIC does not accept it. The only way is for you to directly send it to FBI.

Good luck!

sraj07

May 26, 2015
You need to evaluate both your bachelors and masters ,,,,, also use wes , they are faster , 1 out of 100 only uses icas