+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

liyangzixuan

Nov 2, 2017
Did someone receive PCC by outside U.S address? I'm not in U.S now, I'm worried about they can't mail to foreign address:( Someone told me left a U.S mail result address is better.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Did someone receive PCC by outside U.S address? I'm not in U.S now, I'm worried about they can't mail to foreign address:( Someone told me left a U.S mail result address is better.
relax, of course they deliver anywhere in the world. It will just take longer, up to 1 month from the moment they dispatch your letter

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello guys,
i called today ant they said currently they have opened July-31docs. Is any one aware how can i submit right now without PCC with proof of apply and letter of explanation? I have money order purchase receipt, money order customer receipt, USPS mail receipt and tracking number and tracking details with date it delivered. Is it sufficient?

Thanks in advance

bazingax

Aug 19, 2015
Hi,

I have not received my PCC yet it's been 2 weeks since FBI dispatched my letter.
Can I change my delivery address to my office if I request them a new copy?

teb_phil

Oct 17, 2017
Indeed opening package is Aug 4.

Just sharing my FBI IdHSC application timeline:

Origin: Manila, Philippines
Package sent to FBI Aug 1
Package received by FBI Aug 4 signed by; P Jackson
Package opened by FBI Nov 7
Charged my Debit Card MC November 7

That's it for Now..

Reactions: abhilovee86

simm_1

Nov 7, 2017
When CIC requested a FBI clearance they said I had 90 days (I think it was 90 days). Because of the long processing times, I am afraid I won't have enough time to receive my clearance and mail it to CIC. Is there anyway to extend the time limit or should I write a letter stating that I have done as much as I can to get my clearance but the processing time is very long currently?
If CIC gives you a deadline by which you have to respond and FBI will tell you that your clearance certificate will be processed later than write explanation to CIC. I am sure they are aware of the problem. That's why they encourage everyone apply for PCC before they apply for PR.

simm_1

Nov 7, 2017
Do you know if it matters if you already have a request in to the FBI? (We mailed it in in July, but now, due to the delay, I am not sure we will have it back before our deadline of Nov 3rd)
Can you share if you have received your PCC from FBi before deadline? If not, what happened?

abhilovee86

Nov 14, 2017
check
Indeed opening package is Aug 4.

Just sharing my FBI IdHSC application timeline:

Origin: Manila, Philippines
Package sent to FBI Aug 1
Package received by FBI Aug 4 signed by; P Jackson
Package opened by FBI Nov 7
Charged my Debit Card MC November 7

That's it for Now..
checked just now.
Received this:

Thank you for your inquiry,

Your document(s) have been forwarded to the processing unit. Today, we are opening mail from August 8th, 2017.

Thank you,

Laura

If you need further assistance please contact:

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division

Biometric Services Section

Customer Service Group

(304) 625-5590

Office Hours Monday-Friday

8:00am-5:00PM EST

Identity@fbi.gov

Strenght 1

Jan 26, 2017
Goodmorning All
I live in canada. I applied for FBI clearance certifitcate and my return address is a Canadian address. Does anyone know if FBI send FBI Clearance Certificate to foreign address or I should just send them address change request to my friend's address in the U.S.A ?
Thanks

abhilovee86

Nov 14, 2017
Goodmorning All
I live in canada. I applied for FBI clearance certifitcate and my return address is a Canadian address. Does anyone know if FBI send FBI Clearance Certificate to foreign address or I should just send them address change request to my friend's address in the U.S.A ?
Thanks
Address in Canada is perfectly fine. It depends on the urgency. Giving a address in US, takes around 2 weeks once they charge your credit card. Giving a foreign address may take around a month (maybe Canada & Mexico will have a shorter span)... All the best!