+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

longer_waiter

Sep 17, 2017
My CC was charged on August 25th and FBI told me that they've mailed me the request on September 9th.
My mailing address is within US and it should take the report about three days to get to my place in NY.

But I still did not get the letter. Did anyone have a similar experience?
I am not exactly sure what to do in this case.
I am not sure how long should I wait before contacting them about the issue.
Ok! I finally got my report in the mail yesterday (Sept 18th).
FBI initially told me that they've sent the report on Sept 9th. But based on the envelope stamp they put it into the mailbox on Sept 13.

theguyraghav

Jul 19, 2017
I just called and they told me my PCC was processed successfully and that it will be mail tomorrow. I'm also june 21
How are you guys checking with FBI about your PCC application progress? I mean, how do you identify your application with them? Using your full name? or passport number?

pma12

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
How are you guys checking with FBI about your PCC application progress? I mean, how do you identify your application with them? Using your full name? or passport number?

If you are already in the database with your name and date of birth is enough, but that is after they opened your package

Reactions: theguyraghav

seakomol

Sep 19, 2017
Good Afternoon,

Please i just got my FBI character report in the post. can i send it immediately or am i to wait for CIC to request for it?

A 'lil background:
I have submitted my other documents and used a LOE to inform that i was still processing my FBI PCC.
I passed my medicals since the 6th of August, 2017. I however have not heard back from CIC.

What link do i use to raise a CSE?

Bittboy34

Jul 6, 2017
I just gave them a call and they said that they are currently processing applications received between 3 - 7 of July. They are implementing a new software system, that ideally should increase the general processing speeds. However from this moment on for about 1.5 weeks, anything received after July 7, is on hold. Mine got there July 17, so am a bit out of luck.

kiranali

Jun 22, 2017
yes my sister;s one is received July 12..is there any email address that we can send the inquiry so we can have something in writing?

eonurgenc

Sep 23, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I need comments from experienced people!

Can I get the fbi police clearance before the deadline? What do you think?

Received by FBI CJIS: Agust 16, 2017
CIC Last Day: November 20, 2017

96 Days

P.S: I live 7 hour away (with car) at FBI CJIS Division

Last edited:

aidan8543

Sep 28, 2017
I just gave them a call and they said that they are currently processing applications received between 3 - 7 of July. They are implementing a new software system, that ideally should increase the general processing speeds. However from this moment on for about 1.5 weeks, anything received after July 7, is on hold. Mine got there July 17, so am a bit out of luck.
What number did you use to call them?

Bittboy34

Jul 6, 2017
+1 304-625-2000 is a SKYPE number that I used, suggested by amelie6693, they do have a regular phone line as well - + 304-625-5590. Just use the prompts to get through to an agent for CJISS record status. It has been 73 days for me now, since they received my app.

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I need comments from experienced people!

Can I get the fbi police clearance before the deadline? What do you think?

Received by FBI CJIS: Agust 16, 2017
CIC Last Day: November 20, 2017

96 Days

P.S: I live 7 hour away (with car) at FBI CJIS Division
My husband is American (I'm Canadian) - when he had his done earlier this summer, he went to a place which offered electronic fingerprinting and submission to the FBI rather than using the FBI form and doing it himself. We had his results back in 6 days. He found them through Google.

jriede

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
We are in the same situation! I just called this week and am now kicking myself for not sending it in a week earlier!!!! When you talked to them, did they say the update would cause a complete halt in processing? (Or just slow it down for a bit)