+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Tha

Thank you! Some other forums say with first class it takes about 10 - 14 days. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Finally received my PCC today!
It took 2 weeks after they mailed it.

And 14 weeks after the application arrived on FBI.
Thanks for all guys! Good luck!

amelie6693

Jul 8, 2017
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Dallas
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
Texas
Hi guys,

I called FBI just now, they are now opening mails received on 6/27, and those mailed in on 6/14 is completed today and will be mailed out tomorrow. It takes 5-7 business days to be delivered for within-US addresses.

Also, I asked for 2 copies to be delivered to the same address, and they are coming in 2 separate mails.

Thanks!

amelie6693

Jul 8, 2017
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Dallas
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
Texas
hi guys,

Anyone knows how long it takes for FBI check to arrive in Australia? My response was mailed out on August 31. The agent said in email to wait for 3 weeks within the US and 4 weeks overseas. Does it take that long?

Thanks.
If you want, can call +1 304-625-2000 with skype to ask them how long it takes to go to Australia. They are usually very helpful.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi guys, I joined CanadaVisa forum today and this is my first post here. I am finding the discussions here very helpful.

I got my ITA on 8/24 and need to submit all docs by 11/22. I am a non-US citizen working in US. My FBI application reached its destination on 8/28. Looking at the FBI application processing updates here in the forum, I guess my FBI report will arrive shortly after my deadline of 11/22. I am trying to find out what options I have. Is anybody here on the same boat?

My last resort would be to upload (a) the mailing receipt with tracking number and (b) credit card statement showing that they billed my credit card (hoping they will open my package before 11/22. And explain the situation in the letter of explanation. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much.

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi guys, I joined CanadaVisa forum today and this is my first post here. I am finding the discussions here very helpful.

I got my ITA on 8/24 and need to submit all docs by 11/22. I am a non-US citizen working in US. My FBI application reached its destination on 8/28. Looking at the FBI application processing updates here in the forum, I guess my FBI report will arrive shortly after my deadline of 11/22. I am trying to find out what options I have. Is anybody here on the same boat?

My last resort would be to upload (a) the mailing receipt with tracking number and (b) credit card statement showing that they billed my credit card (hoping they will open my package before 11/22. And explain the situation in the letter of explanation. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much.
In my case, I didn't wait until the last day. I started my application as soon as the other documents were ready and I added an explanation together with the mailing receipt. For me it was ok (at least until now), but it may be a risk depending on the officer that checks your documents... If you decide to wait, your "last resort" option will probably be the best thing you can do.

Reactions: cc31

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
In my case, I didn't wait until the last day. I started my application as soon as the other documents were ready and I added an explanation together with the mailing receipt. For me it was ok (at least until now), but it may be a risk depending on the officer that checks your documents... If you decide to wait, your "last resort" option will probably be the best thing you can do.
Thank you for your quick reply. I will wait and call them about 2 weeks before my 11/22 deadline and decide from there.

edwinkhoi

May 19, 2017
Thank you for your quick reply. I will wait and call them about 2 weeks before my 11/22 deadline and decide from there.
Hello,

I did the same in my case. I waited until around 2 weeks before my application deadline and submitted my application with a letter of explanation. IRCC kindly gave me 60 days to submit. I suggest you email FBI (identity@fbi.org) regularly to keep track of your update rather than call them because you can use your email correspondence as proof of submission/communication to IRCC.

All the best.

Reactions: diogosouza and cc31

katecenteno

Sep 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my application processing time, so others can have some idea.

The fingerprint application was couriered on the 03/09/17, received by FBI on 03/13/17.
My cc got charged today on 05/05/17.
Hopefully based on Jiro's information, the report should be received it in 2 weeks, by 05/20/17.

So, it seems like it takes them 52-55 days to charge the credit card from the day they receive the application, and 2 weeks to receive the report - total 65 to 70 days.

Does anyone know after sending the FBI police clearance report to citizenship Canada, how long do they take to grant you the official citizenship (test already done)?

Please advise if anyone knows.

Thank you
How did you know that the FBI already received the fingerprint application? are they gonna mail you to inform you?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hello,

I did the same in my case. I waited until around 2 weeks before my application deadline and submitted my application with a letter of explanation. IRCC kindly gave me 60 days to submit. I suggest you email FBI (identity@fbi.org) regularly to keep track of your update rather than call them because you can use your email correspondence as proof of submission/communication to IRCC.

All the best.
Yes! Any email update from FBI regarding their processing will be a very good proof to support my explanation. I will do the same. Thank you.

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
How did you know that the FBI already received the fingerprint application? are they gonna mail you to inform you?
You know the day they received it by tracking your mail (with the request inside), and you know the day they started processing it because they will charge your credit card (if you chose that payment option).

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi guys,

I called FBI just now, they are now opening mails received on 6/27, and those mailed in on 6/14 is completed today and will be mailed out tomorrow. It takes 5-7 business days to be delivered for within-US addresses.

Also, I asked for 2 copies to be delivered to the same address, and they are coming in 2 separate mails.

Thanks!
Did you originally request 2 copies? I only did one initially but now I'd like to know if I can pay for a second one. Thanks

Mimikoy

Jun 16, 2015
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
IELTS Request
30-05-2015
I called today and they said they were currently processing applications received on March 17th. So processing starts around two months from when they receive the request.
Hi zaza14, what number are you calling ton follow up? I have sent my request last 10th of August and it was received last Aug 16, my credit card is not yet charged of any fee. I'd like to follow up by next month.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
How long does it take after they charge CC? I was charged on 8/28 and request was received 6/21. Thanks