+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
Where are you having it mailed to? I'm in BC and it took about 2 weeks. The FBI call center for background checks advised me that if you're in the US that it should take about 1 week and that she estimated that it would take around 2 weeks to get to me in Canada. I would wait another week and see if it shows up. I wouldn't worry just yet.
Within the States (Texas) I already called FBI and the guy looked me up and said everything was good and that I should be receiving within days and that was about two weeks ago... I'm about to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say...

Its been 17 weeks now .... ???

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Oscar.95 said:
Within the States (Texas) I already called FBI and the guy looked me up and said everything was good and that I should be receiving within days and that was about two weeks ago... I'm about to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say...

Its been 17 weeks now .... ???
Definitely call to confirm that they did mail your background check, but I would give the mail another week. Mine took 18 weeks not including the additional 2 weeks it took to get to me.

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
Definitely call to confirm that they did mail your background check, but I would give the mail another week. Mine took 18 weeks not including the additional 2 weeks it took to get to me.
What was the holdup on your fingerprints?

Just slow mail or do they hold them for longer periods of time ? Do you know ?

Ill be giving them a call tomorrow and see what is going on ... I hope this week ill get them :-X

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Oscar.95 said:
What was the holdup on your fingerprints?

Just slow mail or do they hold them for longer periods of time ? Do you know ?

Ill be giving them a call tomorrow and see what is going on ... I hope this week ill get them :-X
My fingerprints were completely legible and I didn't have any issues. When I hit the 18 week mark I called them and I swear I could hear the call center agent's jaw drop when I told her it's been 18 weeks and my credit card hasn't even shown a charge yet. She looked it up and said they had just processed it the Friday before (I called on a Monday) and that it would be mailed out the next day. I think it was a combination of the holidays and I'm sure they probably misplaced my application and processed it out of order. I had it in hand two weeks later. She advised me that it should take about 1 week to reach someone in the US, but it would take at least 2 since I'm in Canada. I've found USPS to be fairly reliable, but sometimes people get unlucky and their mail takes much longer than normal to arrive. If it reaches a month and you haven't received it, I would start looking into asking them if they could print out another copy and resend it (not sure if they do this).

When I called about my background check the person was very helpful and informative, especially since I was outside of normal processing times. I just happened to be very unlucky.

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
My fingerprints were completely legible and I didn't have any issues. When I hit the 18 week mark I called them and I swear I could hear the call center agent's jaw drop when I told her it's been 18 weeks and my credit card hasn't even shown a charge yet. She looked it up and said they had just processed it the Friday before (I called on a Monday) and that it would be mailed out the next day. I think it was a combination of the holidays and I'm sure they probably misplaced my application and processed it out of order. I had it in hand two weeks later. She advised me that it should take about 1 week to reach someone in the US, but it would take at least 2 since I'm in Canada. I've found USPS to be fairly reliable, but sometimes people get unlucky and their mail takes much longer than normal to arrive. If it reaches a month and you haven't received it, I would start looking into asking them if they could print out another copy and resend it (not sure if they do this).

When I called about my background check the person was very helpful and informative, especially since I was outside of normal processing times. I just happened to be very unlucky.
Well I just hope mine aren't lost in the mail, I'll be giving them a call tomorrow for sure and see what they say, I'll mention that it's been a little over 17 weeks now and hopefully they'll give me an answer ....

That's the only piece of the puzzle I'm missing to continue processing the app !

Thanks for the info!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Oscar.95 said:
Well I just hope mine aren't lost in the mail, I'll be giving them a call tomorrow for sure and see what they say, I'll mention that it's been a little over 17 weeks now and hopefully they'll give me an answer ....

That's the only piece of the puzzle I'm missing to continue processing the app !

Thanks for the info!
Depending on the person who answers, s/he might be a little reluctant to do anything, but they should be able to at least confirm that they mailed your report.

Good luck!

kamsterr

Aug 5, 2015
My husband just saw that his credit card got charged yesterday (we sent fingerprints Feb 9 and they were received Feb 12)... so that means his police clearance should hopefully be coming soon in the next few weeks.

We have already mailed in our outland application and have gotten AOR1 and have a UCI number. We included a letter in our application explaining that we were waiting on police clearance still (fingerprints got lost the first time around). My question is, should we wait till CIC requests the police clearance from us before mailing it or should we go ahead and send it as soon as we get it? And if so, what address should we mail it to?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
kamsterr said:
My husband just saw that his credit card got charged yesterday (we sent fingerprints Feb 9 and they were received Feb 12)... so that means his police clearance should hopefully be coming soon in the next few weeks.

We have already mailed in our outland application and have gotten AOR1 and have a UCI number. We included a letter in our application explaining that we were waiting on police clearance still (fingerprints got lost the first time around). My question is, should we wait till CIC requests the police clearance from us before mailing it or should we go ahead and send it as soon as we get it? And if so, what address should we mail it to?
Wait until you have SA and your file is transferred. You can then send it to the VO with a letter asking it to be added to your application.

MMRAN

Jul 9, 2015
ajanarth said:
Wish you all the best !
Hi, i was trying to PM you but it shows your inbox is full, Can you PM me your email address? So we can discuss the FBI report?

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
So just got an email from CIC asking for my FBI report. I sent in my fingerprints in early February, but had to resubmit payment information last week. The FBI said it could delay processing time - anyone know about that? Hopefully I'll get my report within the 90 day window!!

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Can any one Please guide.

I am applying for Permanent Resident Application as Inland from Canada and My husband as my dependent who lives in USA.

Can I file application without his Police Clearance Certificate?

Any Alternative?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipica said:
Can any one Please guide.

I am applying for Permanent Resident Application as Inland from Canada and My husband as my dependent who lives in USA.

Can I file application without his Police Clearance Certificate?

Any Alternative?
You are applying for PR through PNP/SINP, so the relaxed rules regarding the FBI IHSR letter, that CIC allows for spousal sponsorship applicants, may not apply.

Most spousal sponsorship applicants have been able to include a note explaining the delay. I have no idea if the PNP officers offer the same courtesy.

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Ponga said:
You are applying for PR through PNP/SINP, so the relaxed rules regarding the FBI IHSR letter, that CIC allows for spousal sponsorship applicants, may not apply.

Most spousal sponsorship applicants have been able to include a note explaining the delay. I have no idea if the PNP officers offer the same courtesy.

Thanks for reply

kringtonsy

Dec 4, 2014
im dec 2014 inland applicant, cic needed a police certificate from USA, i stayed their for almost 6 months but not more than as tourist. i applied for rbi clearance last april 24, 2016 they received it april 28.. now cic give me 90 days to send the fbi clearance. I'm worried that it will not make it on time.. some received their police cert for 18 months.. plss help

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
kringtonsy said:
im dec 2014 inland applicant, cic needed a police certificate from USA, i stayed their for almost 6 months but not more than as tourist. i applied for rbi clearance last april 24, 2016 they received it april 28.. now cic give me 90 days to send the fbi clearance. I'm worried that it will not make it on time.. some received their police cert for 18 months.. plss help
Send them a letter explaining your situation and make sure you include your UCI number and attach the copy of your fbi certificate application forms, receipts from the courier.