Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
QBCND said:
I had sent my application in February, but it is still unopened, I have a problem, the credit card I send, I had to cancel for robbery ???, I could send it by email my new credit card?or I need to send another time everything.
Hey, don't get dishearten. If you know you application is still unopened then you can call FBI customer care and tell them.
They will give you a email address or fax no to send the new form with credit card details. You do not stand to loose your spot in the queue with this.
My info tells they gave me this email address which worked for me and I even got the confirmation reply back as well in few days:

liaison@leo.gov

I had a similar issue last year but sadly my fingerprints itself were not good.
Good Luck,

mpottier

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all, I though they accepted the FBI channlers now? Why is everyone doing it the old fashioned way? I got one for my American wife through a channeler and it is the identical document that the FBI sends you if you do it directly through them. It was accepted by Canadian immigration officials. Am I missing something?

helping canadian

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic is asking me to provide pcc for atlanta Georgia usa
I have provided FBI so what u ppl think are they asking for state pcc
I lived in atlanata Georgia
so shall I provide state pcc of Georgia is it ok
will it cover city of atlanata in it bcs atlanata is in Georgia only

setec-astronomy

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016 (AOR1)
File Transfer...
26-04-2016 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
11-03-2016 (Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
mpottier said:
Hello all, I though they accepted the FBI channlers now? Why is everyone doing it the old fashioned way? I got one for my American wife through a channeler and it is the identical document that the FBI sends you if you do it directly through them. It was accepted by Canadian immigration officials. Am I missing something?
They accepted them for a short period, but no longer.

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted." (From CIC document "How to Get a Police Certificate – United States".)

mpottier

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
setec-astronomy said:
They accepted them for a short period, but no longer.

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted." (From CIC document "How to Get a Police Certificate – United States".)
Yes but how can they tell the difference. I have gotten both and as far as I can tell they are the exact same document? Even after I called their helpline the FBI said the documents are the same. Also they will accept the channeled checks for things like rehabilitation or TRP's which are far more volatile and sensitive, but PR is where they draw the line? I'm confused.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
mpottier said:
Yes but how can they tell the difference. I have gotten both and as far as I can tell they are the exact same document? Even after I called their helpline the FBI said the documents are the same. Also they will accept the channeled checks for things like rehabilitation or TRP's which are far more volatile and sensitive, but PR is where they draw the line? I'm confused.
From what I've heard a lot of channelers still use blue security paper instead of the plain white paper the FBI issues reports on. I know it makes less sense since technically the channeler's reports would be more secure if they were on security paper, but my point is that the two reports probably won't look identical. I would definitely not risk sending in a channeler report and delaying your application.

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
They just tried to charge my card but ran into a problem. I did my fingerprints on January 7th, mailed soon after that (don't remember exact date) so looks like they are starting to process January fingerprints. I emailed liaison@leo.gov to see where to send my new payment information.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
smr21 said:
They just tried to charge my card but ran into a problem. I did my fingerprints on January 7th, mailed soon after that (don't remember exact date) so looks like they are starting to process January fingerprints. I emailed liaison@leo.gov to see where to send my new payment information.
You should be able to attach a new payment form file to an email and send it. That's what they do with address changes/confirmations. I would go ahead and do that.

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Yep, that's exactly what I did today. They did say it may delay the processing time though. I'll just have to wait and see.

Decoy24601 said:
You should be able to attach a new payment form file to an email and send it. That's what they do with address changes/confirmations. I would go ahead and do that.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
smr21 said:
You might want to check with the FBI processing centre because I'm sure they are processing applications received in late Jan - so depending on when yours was received it could already be processed. Look back on page 41 and you should see some posts relating to timelines etc. Wish you all the best - hope it all works out for you.

Take care
John
Toronto

QBCND

Apr 14, 2016
someone knows which applications are processed today around Feb 7? :-\
I am arround Feb 20.
any reference about payment?

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
My FBI application was received on Feb 1 2016 and my credit card was charged yesterday meaning they are processing it now.

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
I have only become aware of these steep processing times as of this morning. If it takes four months to process the FBI check in the USA, and then it takes upwards of six months to have our DM on our PR application, that means it will be (if all goes well) a year before my wife and I can live in the same country? Is this true?

Tell me this hasn't been the experience of you guys.

I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my American wife.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ecclesiast said:
I have only become aware of these steep processing times as of this morning. If it takes four months to process the FBI check in the USA, and then it takes upwards of six months to have our DM on our PR application, that means it will be (if all goes well) a year before my wife and I can live in the same country? Is this true?

Tell me this hasn't been the experience of you guys.

I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my American wife.
Your wife can come to Canada as a visitor. She can apply to extend her visitor status, citing that she wishes to remain in Canada with you while her PR application is being processed. This is usually not a problem for an American citizen.

You should send the Outland application ASAP and include a note explaining that the FBI IHSR letter will be forwarded when she receives it. Include proof that it has been ordered (copy of the receipt of mailing, for example). CIC is very aware of the FBI delays.

Just make sure that she does not say that she's coming to Canada to `live' with you; she's coming to `visit' you. ;)