July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
Ponga said:
Your wife can come to Canada as a visitor. She can apply to extend her visitor status, citing that she wishes to remain in Canada with you while her PR application is being processed. This is usually not a problem for an American citizen.

You should send the Outland application ASAP and include a note explaining that the FBI IHSR letter will be forwarded when she receives it. Include proof that it has been ordered (copy of the receipt of mailing, for example). CIC is very aware of the FBI delays.

Just make sure that she does not say that she's coming to Canada to `live' with you; she's coming to `visit' you. ;)
Thank you for this post. I trust it is from personal experience?

Have people successfully made it through this process if they supplement their applications with the FBI IHSR letter after the original application is sent? And if so, will CIC contact us to ask for this document or do we send it to them as soon as we receive it?

Secondly, if this is the method we go by (we send our application in the coming weeks with proof of our FBI request), how do we address the received FBI IHSR letter and how do we get it into the right hands quickly? Thanks again.

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
My application was received around the 1st of March. Just got my first email from Ottawa which asked for the FBI clearance within 90 days. Think I'll be good? I put a note in my application that it was delayed. Do I reply to the email or just wait?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ktorva said:
My application was received around the 1st of March. Just got my first email from Ottawa which asked for the FBI clearance within 90 days. Think I'll be good? I put a note in my application that it was delayed. Do I reply to the email or just wait?
Hopefully you've already ordered it, rather than waiting for this request from CIC.

You MUST provide this within the 90 day window, or at least ask for an extension.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
ktorva said:
Odds are you'll get it within the next 4-5 weeks, so no need to reply. Just wait and submit it when it arrives

mpottier

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got off the phone with one of the channelers, they said they have a lot of success for Canadian visas. They said only 3 of the 15 approved channelers have background checks good for Canada. She said there was no difference between the two documents. http://www.nationalbackgroundcheck.com/
This is a big deal, and I am going to call the CIC for clarification. They have no idea what they are doing.

mpottier

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok just got off the phone with CIC. They really knew nothing, but they said if you can get he same document from a channeler, then that would fine as they don't check to see where you got the document , but just check to make sure it is the correct doc. So there you have it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpottier said:
Ok just got off the phone with CIC. They really knew nothing, but they said if you can get he same document from a channeler, then that would fine as they don't check to see where you got the document , but just check to make sure it is the correct doc. So there you have it.
The Call Centre is notorious for giving out information that is NOT correct.

Since CIC explicitly states that PCCs from third parties are NOT accepted, you'd think that they would know where it did (and where it did NOT) originate.

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
MidoRafa said:
Odds are you'll get it within the next 4-5 weeks, so no need to reply. Just wait and submit it when it arrives
That's what I was thinking too. I will wait it out. Thanks

yanks176

Mar 29, 2016
FYI - I called in today and was told by the FBI that they are currently opening requests received on February 8th.

mpottier

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
The Call Centre is notorious for giving out information that is NOT correct.

Since CIC explicitly states that PCCs from third parties are NOT accepted, you'd think that they would know where it did (and where it did NOT) originate.
I agree, but I think what was happening was that the CIC was accepting the channelers for a short while for PR (by the way they still accept channelers for ALL other types of applications including rehabilitation and TRP's, sooooo WTF), but what I think people were doing were submitting the PDF the channelers offer as well. These PDF copies are accepted in the USA but not in most other countries. so the CIC in their infinite wisdom decided to throw the baby out with the bath water, and instead of informing people they would need a live paper copy instead of a PDF, they just banned the entire thing. This is a classic example of how the CIC could make people's wait time and application process easier but decide to be lazy instead. A real reason why the CIC needs some sort of suggestion inbox.

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
So my fingerprints were received on December the 31st and were processed I believe on April 12th and till now I have not received anything in the mail?? Anyone around the same time frame already received theirs ?? Getting a bit worried now since its been a little over 2 weeks...

I called FBI, I wanna say April 18 and asked them if my prints were readable and the guy said everything came out perfect (Thank God) and that they should be arriving in the mail shortly but its been 2 weeks since then and nada.

Anyone in the same situation ?? :-[

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Oscar.95 said:
So my fingerprints were received on December the 31st and were processed I believe on April 12th and till now I have not received anything in the mail?? Anyone around the same time frame already received theirs ?? Getting a bit worried now since its been a little over 2 weeks...

I called FBI, I wanna say April 18 and asked them if my prints were readable and the guy said everything came out perfect (Thank God) and that they should be arriving in the mail shortly but its been 2 weeks since then and nada.

Anyone in the same situation ?? :-[
Where are you having it mailed to? I'm in BC and it took about 2 weeks. The FBI call center for background checks advised me that if you're in the US that it should take about 1 week and that she estimated that it would take around 2 weeks to get to me in Canada. I would wait another week and see if it shows up. I wouldn't worry just yet.

amuricanuck

Aug 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Interview........
None
My wife just got hers. It took exactly 14 weeks to arrive in the mail. So thought I'd share.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
file received by FBI Feb 01 2016 and processed and mailed out April 25 2016.

Hope this helps with timelines. GL everyone

julies879

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016, sent same day
AOR Received.
27-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-02-2017
Jaytheo40 said:
file received by FBI Feb 01 2016 and processed and mailed out April 25 2016.

Hope this helps with timelines. GL everyone
That's so fast. How great for you guys!