+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
Ponga said:
Hmmm...Maybe CIC has finally realized that scanning/uploading the `new' FBI IHSR is exactly the same as receiving the original by mail, since they are no longer issued on blue security paper and have zero security features.
Yeah, what you say makes sense.

If I had the FBI report in my possession before the application, I would have uploaded it and CIC would have accepted it anyway. So, I was wondering what the point was for making applicants send the physical piece of paper.

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
Timeline update: Got my Credit Card billed today. Fingerprints were received by FBI on January 25, 2016.
So, I expect to come in the next two weeks. I guess I will be able to make it within the 60 day period CIC gave me to upload the report.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hungrypanda said:
Timeline update: Got my Credit Card billed today. Fingerprints were received by FBI on January 25, 2016.
So, I expect to come in the next two weeks. I guess I will be able to make it within the 60 day period CIC gave me to upload the report.
Hopefully, but this means that the FBI is officially starting the process. It doesn't mean that your prints have been determined to be legible...yet.

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
Ponga said:
Hopefully, but this means that the FBI is officially starting the process. It doesn't mean that your prints have been determined to be legible...yet.
Oh goodness, I have until May 15, 2016 to upload the FBI summary. Do you think, if all goes well, FBI will be able to send me the report in 3 weeks after credit card is charged?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
hungrypanda said:
Oh goodness, I have until May 15, 2016 to upload the FBI summary. Do you think, if all goes well, FBI will be able to send me the report in 3 weeks after credit card is charged?
From what I was told back when I called about my FBI background check (it was outside of processing times) they normally like to process the application within a day or two after the credit card is charged and send it to the mailroom that day or the next (business days). After my credit card was charged I received my FBI background check in Canada about 2 weeks later, so it's possible.

sparkles2016

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Everyone!

Hubby and I are just getting (officially) started on his outland spousal PR application.
After reading through here, am I correct to assume that we can submit our application before we have his police certificates in hand? We can apply for them tomorrow, but i would realllyyyyyyyyyy like to submit our CIC application sooner than 17 weeks from now!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
sparkles2016 said:
Hi Everyone!

Hubby and I are just getting (officially) started on his outland spousal PR application.
After reading through here, am I correct to assume that we can submit our application before we have his police certificates in hand? We can apply for them tomorrow, but i would realllyyyyyyyyyy like to submit our CIC application sooner than 17 weeks from now!
You can submit your PR application without the FBI background check in hand. Send off your application with a note explaining the long processing times and that you will forward the FBI PCC when you have it. Many people do this without issue.

sparkles2016

Apr 17, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
You can submit your PR application without the FBI background check in hand. Send off your application with a note explaining the long processing times and that you will forward the FBI PCC when you have it. Many people do this without issue.
Thanks so much for your help! :D

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
sparkles2016 said:
Thanks so much for your help! :D
No problem ;D. I waited the 18 weeks mine took because I had the time and regretted it. Some people are getting DM for their PR applications from when I submitted my FBI background check (last October).

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
My suggestion: Do apply for the FBI report first, and then start working on the other parts of the application.

sparkles2016 said:
We can apply for them tomorrow, but i would realllyyyyyyyyyy like to submit our CIC application sooner than 17 weeks from now!

canadiangal20

Oct 28, 2015
my husband send in his fingerprints around mid-jan and he got the clearance back just last week. I have heard people say that we cant open the envelope and check .. so are we supposed to mail the clearance check in the envelope that it came with (unopened manilla envelope) ...with all the other forms and mail it together? ... we are scared to even open and check wats inside ... so please help! thank you :)

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
canadiangal20 said:
my husband send in his fingerprints around mid-jan and he got the clearance back just last week. I have heard people say that we cant open the envelope and check .. so are we supposed to mail the clearance check in the envelope that it came with (unopened manilla envelope) ...with all the other forms and mail it together? ... we are scared to even open and check wats inside ... so please help! thank you :)
This is not true. You can open the envelope. They only need the document that's inside.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangal20 said:
As MidoRafa stated, you can certainly open the envelope and look at the IHSR letter. I suggest you send it in the original envelope, since there are zero security features on the letter (surprising). Including the original envelop will help prove that it really was sent to you by the FBI. ;)

Keok

Apr 12, 2016
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
Nomination.....
SA: 21-04-2016
AOR Received.
15-04-2016
File Transfer...
AOR2: 26-04-2016
Med's Done....
25-02-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 12-05-2016
If anyone is wondering on current timelines, I called the FBI today. My application from January 19th is processed and in the mail today, and they are currently working on mail opened January 28th.

QBCND

Apr 14, 2016
I had sent my application in February, but it is still unopened, I have a problem, the credit card I send, I had to cancel for robbery ???, I could send it by email my new credit card?or I need to send another time everything.