24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
bramb600 said:
Another question with my American wife's impending Outland application while she's living with me here. Is it recommended to do the medical upfront with the application package? They say that they might make you do it again, but reading the bios on this forum show me that the vast majority do it upfront and have no issues.
It specifically says on the Checklist "Do not complete medical exam at this time"

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
bramb600 said:
Another question with my American wife's impending Outland application while she's living with me here. Is it recommended to do the medical upfront with the application package? They say that they might make you do it again, but reading the bios on this forum show me that the vast majority do it upfront and have no issues.
Many of these people who did theirs upfront had them done before December, when the application changed and they got rid of the upfront medicals. With that being the case, it does make sense to include it in your application if you already had it done, but it does not make sense to do it upfront if you have not had one done yet.

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
viva-c said:
Many of these people who did theirs upfront had them done before December, when the application changed and they got rid of the upfront medicals. With that being the case, it does make sense to include it in your application if you already had it done, but it does not make sense to do it upfront if you have not had one done yet.
Okay makes sense. I won't do it then.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
bramb600 said:
Okay makes sense. I won't do it then.
You *can't* do it, even if you wanted to. Panel physicians will no longer do them.

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
a short trip doesn't mean you aren't maintaining residence in Ontario. if you plan to change your permanent address or live/work somewhere outside of ontario and not return for a significant amount of time, THAT means you're not a resident. Traveling for a trip or work does not mean you're not a resident, assuming you are maintaining a home in ontario while you're away.

Also, you seem to be reading too far into this. They don't ask for how many days you've been in ontario when you apply. They ask for proof of your status (your COPR) and proof of your ontario address (ontario license or utility bills/bank statements that were physically mailed to you in ontario). you don't need to wait to apply for OHIP. you can apply anytime after you gather all your eligibility proofs. You just won't receive your card until AFTER the 90 day wait period.
Thank you for your response. :) I was successful in obtaining my OHIP card in January and it was then that I read over the rules which state the 153 day rule I mentioned, see 2nd sentence of 2nd section under "AND": http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_eligibility.aspx. Just trying to make sure I abide by the rules and keep the coverage (even though I haven't used it yet). It would be a shame to lose it for a mere day or two.
Thanks again!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KateChurchill said:
Thank you for your response. :) I was successful in obtaining my OHIP card in January and it was then that I read over the rules which state the 153 day rule I mentioned, see 2nd sentence of 2nd section under "AND": http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_eligibility.aspx. Just trying to make sure I abide by the rules and keep the coverage (even though I haven't used it yet). It would be a shame to lose it for a mere day or two.
Thanks again!
i doubt it will ever come up. i would think the only way they would find out is if they randomly audit your coverage? i wouldn't be too concerned about it at this point.

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
Anyone who did it recently know how long the FBI has been taking on Police checks?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
bramb600 said:
Anyone who did it recently know how long the FBI has been taking on Police checks?
If the PA is an American citizen/PR, they can use a channeler. I got my results in a few minutes.

Juniorrlopez

Sep 9, 2016
Thunder Bay, ON
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2016
AOR Received.
Oct 13 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
DM - 03/10/2017 Passport Email - 03/18/2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 03/24/2017
LANDED..........
03/30/2017 by land
This is correct! I used a channeler and submitted the emailed verification they sent me and that was accepted.

Update on my own progress, I have LANDED! I am currently within Canada and tried to schedule an appointment to Land but could not get through the 1800 number. So today I drove to the border crossing nearby and completed it, was fast and easy. Filled out the B4 form to indicate my vehicle was goods to follow (waiting for title to arrive) and was told congratulations and that was it! Was reminded to obtain a new SIN and provincial health card.

The only curious thing was that it appears at this crossing they hadn't had to perform the landing with anyone in a long time, the agents seemed a bit rusty but were extremely friendly and helpful.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Juniorrlopez said:
This is correct! I used a channeler and submitted the emailed verification they sent me and that was accepted.

Update on my own progress, I have LANDED! I am currently within Canada and tried to schedule an appointment to Land but could not get through the 1800 number. So today I drove to the border crossing nearby and completed it, was fast and easy. Filled out the B4 form to indicate my vehicle was goods to follow (waiting for title to arrive) and was told congratulations and that was it! Was reminded to obtain a new SIN and provincial health card.

The only curious thing was that it appears at this crossing they hadn't had to perform the landing with anyone in a long time, the agents seemed a bit rusty but were extremely friendly and helpful.
Congratulations!! :D What crossing was that?

bluenkj

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/16
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/22/16
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12/9/16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2017
LANDED..........
8/4/2017
Hi guys,

Anyone who has landed used a shipping services? Any advise? I don't have to many boxes maybe 3 or 4. If you did ship did you end up paying taxes or duties from customs?

Thanks

Juniorrlopez

Sep 9, 2016
Thunder Bay, ON
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2016
AOR Received.
Oct 13 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
DM - 03/10/2017 Passport Email - 03/18/2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 03/24/2017
LANDED..........
03/30/2017 by land
Staunts2015 said:
Congratulations!! :D What crossing was that?
The international peace gardens crossing near Dunseith, ND

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
bluenkj said:
Hi guys,

Anyone who has landed used a shipping services? Any advise? I don't have to many boxes maybe 3 or 4. If you did ship did you end up paying taxes or duties from customs?

Thanks
if the items were on your "goods to follow" list presented at landing, you should be able to give a copy of that form to the shipper so that customs does not charge duty. this is pretty standard practice for shipping companies, so they should know what is needed.

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Juniorrlopez said:

Congratulations, very exciting! Question for you about your car. Did you do the crossing in your car? Or is your car currently in Canada and you left it at home while you did the crossing? Or is it still in the states?

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
danawhitaker said:
If the PA is an American citizen/PR, they can use a channeler. I got my results in a few minutes.
I should add, the check already went out a week ago.