+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
danawhitaker said:
I paid $50 to Fieldprint to have my fingerprints scanned and then receive a PDF with the results that I was able to print. I got my results back in a few minutes.

It's recommended to have multiple sets of prints done with ink in case they aren't readable. Around here, the cost from various police stations was $10-15 per card to have them done, plus the processing fee to the FBI and/or channeler. It would have been a very similar cost in the end, as I probably would have chosen to have three sets taken.
The beautiful thing to get your fingerprints done at your local PD is that they will make sure the fingerprints they are taken will be reliable enough for FBI to conduct the background check.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Dear Fellow US Outlanders.

I am making progress on preparing our application. Now I encounter another issue that you beautiful people may help me or give me your valuable advice.

My wife is working in US, and had left Canada for 10 years. I didn't think she ever went back to Canada even once, since she left. The reason she didn't went back is because she doesn't have any family there. Her only sister is in US, lives in the same city as ours, and her parents had passed away.

Now, since she needs to show her intention to go back to Canada (This is the fact, we are moving back to Canada), would you please enlighten me what kind of proof we should present to CIC that will be strong enough to convince them that my wife will be back to Canada, as soon as my PR application is approved.

So far, what we have is the letter from her employer to state that her position will be terminated in three months from now, couple emails from her friends in Canada to tell us that if we goes back to Canada, they can help us to settle down, my wife is going to go back to Canada in the coming June to reinstate the necessities (opening bank account, scouting for rental and schools for our kids, a possible job onsite interview, and any other government documents)

Are those enough? Or you think there maybe more we need to prepare?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
prvc said:
This might help:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/additional-proofs-of-sponsors-intent-of-returning-to-canada-t461164.0.html
Dear prvc,

Thank you very much for the link. It certainly helped. As the further question, would you guys think that we submit our application after my wife's visit to Canada in the coming June or we submit it now, and amend more proof to CIC later, such as bank account and etc.?

Really appreciate your valuable advice!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Miraclejj said:
The beautiful thing to get your fingerprints done at your local PD is that they will make sure the fingerprints they are taken will be reliable enough for FBI to conduct the background check.
There's absolutely no guarantee of that. They try their best, but when I told the people on the phone at several of the PDs I called what I was doing they recommended doing more than one set to err on the side of caution. Most of them also didn't actually provide cards and told me I had to bring my own paper with me.

I can't see a good reason to not go with instant results from a channeler for a little more money if it's an option, especially for something where getting it directly from the FBI can take 8-12 weeks.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
danawhitaker said:
There's absolutely no guarantee of that. They try their best, but when I told the people on the phone at several of the PDs I called what I was doing they recommended doing more than one set to err on the side of caution. Most of them also didn't actually provide cards and told me I had to bring my own paper with me.

I can't see a good reason to not go with instant results from a channeler for a little more money if it's an option, especially for something where getting it directly from the FBI can take 8-12 weeks.
I do agree with you. It probably is our local PD done a good job that give me this confidence. The officer, who took my fingerprints, obviously know his job. There were at least 4 finger prints weren't good enough the first time, then he helped to redo them, and yet another two he identified were partially blurry. He then switched to the ink for those two. And all worked.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Miraclejj said:
Well, maybe in some places that's true. My husband had his done at his local PD in Lower Michigan, sent in his stuff, and then waited four months only to find the prints weren't any good. So he ended up going to a second place and waiting another four months to hear from the FBI. Luckily, the extra-long waiting time didn't really make much difference to us as we used the old kit and had plenty of time to assemble everything.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
How long is aor taking for Outland from USA?

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
jeff198901 said:
How long is aor taking for Outland from USA?
Usually 2 weeks for AOR1. My timeline is below but mine was faster than most.

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
Well, maybe in some places that's true. My husband had his done at his local PD in Lower Michigan, sent in his stuff, and then waited four months only to find the prints weren't any good. So he ended up going to a second place and waiting another four months to hear from the FBI. Luckily, the extra-long waiting time didn't really make much difference to us as we used the old kit and had plenty of time to assemble everything.
I just did my fingerprints in Michigan and the local PD used the electronic fingerprint device which says if the fingerprint is accepted or rejected. And I mailed the application with the fingerprints.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
awahidi said:
I just did my fingerprints in Michigan and the local PD used the electronic fingerprint device which says if the fingerprint is accepted or rejected. And I mailed the application with the fingerprints.
Nice. I had to do ink-style at my local police station too and mailed it to the FBI and they were accepted just fine but man that would suck to have and wait all over again, I'd be pissed.

Juniorrlopez

Sep 9, 2016
Thunder Bay, ON
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2016
AOR Received.
Oct 13 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
DM - 03/10/2017 Passport Email - 03/18/2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 03/24/2017
LANDED..........
03/30/2017 by land
Hello, posting another update. Received DM on 3/10, and Received the Passport Request email 3/18, and have received the COPR by mail today 3/27/2017. I am already in country and will request an appointment within this city to complete the landing!

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
awahidi said:
My husband says his were ink. He could have had the electronic fingerprints done, but would have had to go to Detroit, and it was hard enough with his trucking job just juggling the time to get it done at home. When he gets off the road, he wants to sleep, not go out again. LOL

ardie514

Sep 13, 2016
Kids and I received our COPR paperwork today!!! Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who answered my questions and helped along the way. We're U.S/Australian citizens currently living in Oz and moving to canada next month. Not entirely sure if they processed us as Americans or Australians, but it went through the Ottawa Visa office and took 4 months start to finish!

Also, for those who may have the same question I had when I submitted application, I sent off for the FBI check before finalizing application for Family Sponsorship visa, but knowing it would take a while and not wanting to delay our application to Canada, submitted our PR application to Mississauga without FBI check included in package. I wrote a note explaining the situation and included a copy of my receipt showing I mailed it to FBI and had fingerprints done. Once I received FBI report I contacted VO and they asked me to email a scanned copy. Glad I didn't wait :)

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Hi guys,
For the proof of relationship part, if you provided letters from your parents acknowledging your relationship, did you get them notarized? Do we have to get them notarized or is it just an extra step the applicants are taking?
Neither mine, nor my husband’s parents attended our wedding ceremony, so I’m planning to get both of our moms to write letters explaining why they didn’t attend and stating that they approve the relationship. Is it ok if I just type out the letters and the get them to sign their names?

Also, did you provide originals or copies? My mom lives in Europe, so I’m thinking about just proving a printed scan instead of going through the hassle of couriering one piece of paper..

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
elenama said:
Hi guys,
For the proof of relationship part, if you provided letters from your parents acknowledging your relationship, did you get them notarized? Do we have to get them notarized or is it just an extra step the applicants are taking?
Neither mine, nor my husband’s parents attended our wedding ceremony, so I’m planning to get both of our moms to write letters explaining why they didn’t attend and stating that they approve the relationship. Is it ok if I just type out the letters and the get them to sign their names?

Also, did you provide originals or copies? My mom lives in Europe, so I’m thinking about just proving a printed scan instead of going through the hassle of couriering one piece of paper..
We included a letter from his mom, but didn't get it notarized. Same with the letter from his employer.