Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
MasterDen said:
Hi Everyone,

I got COPR. Tried making an appt to land, but it seemed so arbitrary. Out of the 3 bridges at Niagra Falls, anyone know which would be faster? Any advice?
First off, congrats!

I’m not landing on that side of the country but I was told I can literally just drive up to the border, hand them my COPR and they bring you inside, you fill out some stuff and you’re sent on your way. I heard the whole process was pretty easy honestly, both from people on the forums and who’ve done it in person.

acwikla4769

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1- 14-11-2016
File Transfer...
11-01-2017
Med's Request
PASSED
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-21-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Copr recieved 3/13/2017
LANDED..........
3/23/2017
LANDED!!!!!!!
Had to be the most easiest landing I could ever think of! Had the nicest lady in the world.We pulled a uhaul with a trailer and the truck on a trailer, and two pitbulls. She skimmed over everything really quickly, didn't ask for the title for the truck, nor even looked at the dogs other then to feed them a cookie and said "oh we just got a new batch of flags shipped in" grabbed a flag, said welcome to canada and that was that......We were so stressed that this would be the hard part and it was the easiest out of everything....We landed at the Pembina/Emerson border.

I wish everyone luck in the upcoming landing processes and applications!

cockapea

Feb 28, 2017
My CIC status is a bit weird I think
Application Status: We received your application.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not Applicable.
Final Decision: Your application is in process. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Im a bit surprised at how long the review of eligibility has been saying it is under review, but the background check just changed from 'The next step is to conduct a background check' to 'Not Applicable' today, so hopefully that is a good sign!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MasterDen said:
Hi Everyone,

I got COPR. Tried making an appt to land, but it seemed so arbitrary. Out of the 3 bridges at Niagra Falls, anyone know which would be faster? Any advice?
how "fast" it takes depends on how many other people are there at that specific time. landing itself is a quick process - about 15 minutes. no appointment is necessary at land borders - you show up and they send you into the immigration office.

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
cockapea said:
My CIC status is a bit weird I think
Application Status: We received your application.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not Applicable.
Final Decision: Your application is in process. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Im a bit surprised at how long the review of eligibility has been saying it is under review, but the background check just changed from 'The next step is to conduct a background check' to 'Not Applicable' today, so hopefully that is a good sign!
I wouldn't be worried about the "review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Mine stayed like that until the VO issued my COPR :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Emily12 said:
I wouldn't be worried about the "review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Mine stayed like that until the VO issued my COPR :)
agreed. there's no point looking to deep into what is on MyCIC or ECAS. it really doesn't mean much and it's not always as up to date as you would like it to be.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Emily12 said:
Ditto, totally normal to say in progress until the very end. I saw DM on ECAS before the MyGC account changed over to Application Approved.. MyCIC just updated yesterday with "approved" when my visa was mailed off (Canada Post updated my return tracking so that's how I figured out they mailed my COPR).

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends,
Need guidance about drivers license
I m moving from Chicago to Canada, please guide me is Driver history abstract is enough to exchange license in Toronto?
What other document I need?

Thanks alot

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2calgary said:
hi friends,
Need guidance about drivers license
I m moving from Chicago to Canada, please guide me is Driver history abstract is enough to exchange license in Toronto?
What other document I need?

Thanks alot
the service ontario website has all the information you need and is easy to follow.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence#section-1

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
the service ontario website has all the information you need and is easy to follow.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence#section-1
Thanks

For documents to prove how long I am driving what I said this mean?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2calgary said:
Thanks

For documents to prove how long I am driving what I said this mean?
that is your driver's history from the state you are licensed in. again, the information is all on that website, so i recommend carefully reading everything on the page, not just the parts you are interested in.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
bluenkj said:
Have you received your PPR? My background went into progress on the 2/21 but others were getting PPR before me. It depends on the individual who is handling your case. Mine took longer than others but it will come. Give it a few more days. Also check your spam, I had decision made on ECAS and my CIC still shows in process for Background check. Don't lose hope.
Still no PPR, that's why I'm so inpatient. If I get PPR it won't show up on mycic? It'll be through email only? I haven't checked my spam

bluenkj

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/16
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/22/16
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12/9/16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2017
LANDED..........
8/4/2017
tigermilo said:
Still no PPR, that's why I'm so inpatient. If I get PPR it won't show up on mycic? It'll be through email only? I haven't checked my spam
No mycic won't show PPR until after they have received the PPR in Ottawa. You will get an email from that will tell you how to fill in your PPR and send it back along with a photocopy of your bio page in your passport and two new photos. Check you spam!! and I received mine through email and quite a few others have too that have their VO as Ottawa. I would check your spam and check your ECAS application status. That is more reliable then the mycic as it gets updated daily. Hang in there.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
tigermilo said:
But do you have DM on ECAS? If not (and I thought I saw a previous post saying you don't) then you won't get PPR. You need to wait for that.

Do not hold me to this, but they seem to go out in batches starting the first week of each new month, and then there's a string of DMs for a week or so. You'll probably end up in the next batch.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
bluenkj said:
No mycic won't show PPR until after they have received the PPR in Ottawa. You will get an email from that will tell you how to fill in your PPR and send it back along with a photocopy of your bio page in your passport and two new photos. Check you spam!! and I received mine through email and quite a few others have too that have their VO as Ottawa. I would check your spam and check your ECAS application status. That is more reliable then the mycic as it gets updated daily. Hang in there.
I just checked ecas and it still says in progress. I'll check my spam but it'll be a lot of crap to go through! Hopefully it's there! That would be amazing! Thank you for your help. I'll update you if it's there or not.