Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
maledil said:
This is probably a stupid question but this process makes you nervous about everything. We got our PPR email and are just getting everything they've requested.

For the Annex A I still can't believe they just sent it in the email not as an attachment. So I put it into a word doc and was trying to fix it so it could all be on one page. The only way to do that was to delete the french. Does anyone think this could cause issues? My thinking is if they were determined to get a specific document they should have sent a pdf. Am I overthinking this?

Thanks for your help.

Oh and for anyone curious we have used UPS for all the back and forth to Canada during this process and plan to use them to ship the PPR and for the prepaid envelope.
There's an Annex A Word .docx file floating around here in the US Outland thread. I filled it out, then copy/pasted my barcode .PNG file where it belongs. I wouldn't delete any of the language. I don't think it should matter, but it is a government form... :eek:

yelloweyedmage

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
14-09-2016 (Police Certificate)
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
Waived, "Decision Made" on 10-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
I got DM on February 10th and just got PPR last night on February 21st :D

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
maledil said:
This is probably a stupid question but this process makes you nervous about everything. We got our PPR email and are just getting everything they've requested.

For the Annex A I still can't believe they just sent it in the email not as an attachment. So I put it into a word doc and was trying to fix it so it could all be on one page. The only way to do that was to delete the french. Does anyone think this could cause issues? My thinking is if they were determined to get a specific document they should have sent a pdf. Am I overthinking this?

Thanks for your help.

Oh and for anyone curious we have used UPS for all the back and forth to Canada during this process and plan to use them to ship the PPR and for the prepaid envelope.
I copied and pasted ours into a word doc, typed in the address info and when I printed it told it to print to one page and it was fine. My husband signed it and it was mailed away and COPR received.

As for mailing it in UPS is fine if you are mailing it from the States.

Alayambo

Dec 29, 2016
My background check changed to “in progress” last week and today it says "not needed at this time". What could this mean? Are they backtracking on our application or skipping it or what?

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
Alayambo said:
My background check changed to “in progress” last week and today it says "not needed at this time". What could this mean? Are they backtracking on our application or skipping it or what?
Oooh, I believe you're in for some excellent news very soon... I think they do that just before DM. Hoping our application is in the same boat - BG check just went In Progress today :)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Alayambo said:
I've seen this before for family class but I'm trying to remember the circumstances. It might have been something involving the CSQ for Quebec not having been submitted, and then after it was the background check went back to In Progress. I also saw in your post history you mentioned the passport expiring in September. It could have something to do with that. They usually want a certain amount of time on it before it expires (I want to say the number six months stands out to me, but someone can feel free to correct me).

Otherwise, it's not common to see that flip backwards from in Progress to Not Needed for Family Class applications. If you pop over to the Express Entry forums, it does that during the process one or more times. But for recent Ottawa apps, it stays In Progress even after DM, until the COPR is mailed out and MyCIC flips to approved.

Alayambo

Dec 29, 2016
danawhitaker said:
I've seen this before for family class but I'm trying to remember the circumstances. It might have been something involving the CSQ for Quebec not having been submitted, and then after it was the background check went back to In Progress. I also saw in your post history you mentioned the passport expiring in September. It could have something to do with that. They usually want a certain amount of time on it before it expires (I want to say the number six months stands out to me, but someone can feel free to correct me).

Otherwise, it's not common to see that flip backwards from in Progress to Not Needed for Family Class applications. If you pop over to the Express Entry forums, it does that during the process one or more times. But for recent Ottawa apps, it stays In Progress even after DM, until the COPR is mailed out and MyCIC flips to approved.
Thank you for your reply! It looks like they emailed my husband and requested a replacement for a particular form - maybe we made a mistake on it before? I'm guessing that's why they halted the BGC.

In regards to the passport, I think I've seen that they require 6 months left on it and we were considering risking it and renewing it after he landed but if we have to resend this form who knows how long it'll delay us :( Do you think it would be wise to renew it while we wait for them to receive this form? Do you know how we would let CIC know his new passport info?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Alayambo said:
Thank you for your reply! It looks like they emailed my husband and requested a replacement for a particular form - maybe we made a mistake on it before? I'm guessing that's why they halted the BGC.

In regards to the passport, I think I've seen that they require 6 months left on it and we were considering risking it and renewing it after he landed but if we have to resend this form who knows how long it'll delay us :( Do you think it would be wise to renew it while we wait for them to receive this form? Do you know how we would let CIC know his new passport info?
That form would explain the background check halting probably, yup. I doubt it's going to delay you too terribly long after you resubmit the form.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably renew the passport, and then submit a photocopy of the new one via case specific enquiry when it arrives. That's what people typically do if the PA updates to their married name during the application process, for example. In addition, at the point you get PPR, you'll likely be asked to provide another photocopy of your passport then. I'd still submit via a case specific enquiry as soon as receiving it, though.

Alayambo

Dec 29, 2016
danawhitaker said:
That form would explain the background check halting probably, yup. I doubt it's going to delay you too terribly long after you resubmit the form.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably renew the passport, and then submit a photocopy of the new one via case specific enquiry when it arrives. That's what people typically do if the PA updates to their married name during the application process, for example. In addition, at the point you get PPR, you'll likely be asked to provide another photocopy of your passport then. I'd still submit via a case specific enquiry as soon as receiving it, though.
Yeah I'm kicking myself for making the mistake we did on the form, too. On the "Additional Family Information" form IMM5406 we only filled in his info and left his mother and father's info blank since they aren't planning on ever moving to Canada. Dumb mistake. I'm glad we can submit it by email though, so it hopefully wont cause a huge delay.

Looks like renewing the passport will be the smart choice. I'll look into the case specific enquiry thing.

Thanks so much, you've been a huge help!!! 8)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Alayambo said:
Yeah I'm kicking myself for making the mistake we did on the form, too. On the "Additional Family Information" form IMM5406 we only filled in his info and left his mother and father's info blank since they aren't planning on ever moving to Canada. Dumb mistake. I'm glad we can submit it by email though, so it hopefully wont cause a huge delay.

Looks like renewing the passport will be the smart choice. I'll look into the case specific enquiry thing.

Thanks so much, you've been a huge help!!! 8)
That form seems to be a magnet for mistakes. I wouldn't feel too bad.

As for the case specific enquiry, I think this link eventually gets you there:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends,

Going to get my PR in Canada.

Can I wire transfer funds from my US bank to my spouse Canadian bank as a new PR? Will it be non-taxed?

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2calgary said:
hi friends,

Going to get my PR in Canada.

Can I wire transfer funds from my US bank to my spouse Canadian bank as a new PR? Will it be non-taxed?

Thanks
as far as I know, wire transfers are not taxed. there's nothing stopping someone from wire transferring money from the us to canada, you don't have to be a pr to do that. i believe any transfers that are 10,000 and over will be reported to the IRS by the bank.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Alayambo said:
Ours did the same but for the medical results instead of the background check. It went from "passed" to "not needed" and then back to "passed" again.

It changed to not needed right around the time that it expired (about 2 days prior) and then it changed to "passed" again this past January when (I assume) they were going through our file as that's when our background check started.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
skyzee said:
Oooh, I believe you're in for some excellent news very soon... I think they do that just before DM. Hoping our application is in the same boat - BG check just went In Progress today :)
Wow, another December US applicant speeding ahead of November! I'm happy for you, but it's a bit of a surprise. Fingers crossed my BGC goes in progress soon :D

xCami

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Omegabyte said:
Go to your local FedEx or UPS store (whichever you choose), and ask them for a pre-paid shipping label. They'll need the postcode for the courier address in Ottawa. You'll fill out the pre-addressed label with the US address you want your CoPR coming back to. Stick that in the package you're sending to CPC - Ottawa.

You're also sending 2 PR photos and your Annex A as well, right?
Thank you! That should be pretty simple. Yup I'll also be sending all that. Although I'm trying to find out where to get the photos done in the US? I tried walgreens but they only do the 2x2.