+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

mruhomau

May 11, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
The letter you received is your AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). Generally, the AOR confirms the date the application is received and there are no missing forms or signatures. neither applicaiton has started review at that point. the next step is them reviewing the sponsor's application and sending the Sponsor approval letter (SA). After that, the application is sent to the visa office and will wait to be picked up for processing.

thank you ! that helps.

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
CDNPR2014 said:
stat declarations are only needed for commonlaw couples. it is not required for married spouses. i would not recommend following advice from someone working at an immigration consultant office. generally speaking, they give very bad advice. i did not include one and had no issue at all with my approval.
Thank you! That's what I thought, but now I've drafted the whole thing so I might just include it - It's got the timeline of our relationship on it. She's actually one of my good friends, but now she's getting really annoying; she's telling me that I need alll of these things that, from what I can tell, no one else is including! She's like, they will reject you without them. Anywho, so thankful for these boards! :-*

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Roadtorusso said:
Thank you! That's what I thought, but now I've drafted the whole thing so I might just include it - It's got the timeline of our relationship on it. She's actually one of my good friends, but now she's getting really annoying; she's telling me that I need alll of these things that, from what I can tell, no one else is including! She's like, they will reject you without them. Anywho, so thankful for these boards! :-*
unless she has gone through the process herself, i would tell her to not give you any further advise. and also, is she an immigration officer? does she process applications? how does she know how cic will handle your file? to say they will just reject your file if something's not there proves she doesn't know what she's talking about. CIC doesn't just outright reject applications. they either make document requests or schedule interviews. legally, they have to give the applicant a chance to fix the problem before rejecting an application. she clearly doesn't know much about spousal sponsorship. tell her thanks, but no thanks, i'd rather us to just be friends and not discuss immigration processes/applications. and then when you get approved without all her nonsense "advice", you can show her your application and advise HER she may need to study up a bit about how the process actually works before giving advice that can be detrimental to people's livelihood. (ok, that last line is my venting about immigration "consultants" and their increasingly stupid advice - i doubt you actually want to tell your friend that - unless you don't want her to be your friend anymore :) )

i also would not recommend adding the stat declaration since it's not required. your relationship should be detailed and outlined in the application, so it is completely unnecessary to your application. there is no reason to submit something that isn't required or is duplicating facts already provided. the checklists show what is required. stick to the checklist, this forum and take advice from people who have actually filled out and sent in spousal sponsorship applications and have been approved.

Mybarbiehead

Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 10-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 07-04-2016
diding said:
Hi everyone. Im just curious, whats the fastest outland application(US applicabts) they have done recently?

My spousal application from the U.S. took 101 days. They received my application on 12/14/15, AOR was 2/5/2016, and DM was 3/24/2106.

Jli

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 15-11-2016
LANDED..........
25-11-2016
IRCC send me an e-mail on October 19th saying : 'your application is currently in queue for final review'.

Any idea how long it can take before my husband got his COPR from there ?

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great thread! I finally began the process and have a few questions for you guys on this process:

1. Does the CIC require any original documents sent to them?
2. Is a birth certificate a must? I don't have one because my family immigrated to the US when I was 9 and we are unable to get one from our former homeland. I do have a baptismal certificate.
3. There's a part saying prove how you communicate. My wife and I have been using WhatsApp for almost the entire duration of our relationship. I don't know what bills I can provide for that other than my date use on my phone. Any suggestions for this part?
4. I am currently inside Canada living with my wife on a NAFTA work permit which expires next July. With that said, my permanent address is in the US. Can I still apply as Outland?

Thanks everyone!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mcoro001 said:
Hi guys!
Do you know if you have bring a PR card application for landing?
no. the CBSA officer fills it out for you. there is no need for one. all you need is your COPR and passport. if you are declaring goods, then you need that form as well.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
CDNPR2014 said:
unless she has gone through the process herself, i would tell her to not give you any further advise. and also, is she an immigration officer? does she process applications? how does she know how cic will handle your file? to say they will just reject your file if something's not there proves she doesn't know what she's talking about. CIC doesn't just outright reject applications. they either make document requests or schedule interviews. legally, they have to give the applicant a chance to fix the problem before rejecting an application. she clearly doesn't know much about spousal sponsorship. tell her thanks, but no thanks, i'd rather us to just be friends and not discuss immigration processes/applications. and then when you get approved without all her nonsense "advice", you can show her your application and advise HER she may need to study up a bit about how the process actually works before giving advice that can be detrimental to people's livelihood. (ok, that last line is my venting about immigration "consultants" and their increasingly stupid advice - i doubt you actually want to tell your friend that - unless you don't want her to be your friend anymore :) )

i also would not recommend adding the stat declaration since it's not required. your relationship should be detailed and outlined in the application, so it is completely unnecessary to your application. there is no reason to submit something that isn't required or is duplicating facts already provided. the checklists show what is required. stick to the checklist, this forum and take advice from people who have actually filled out and sent in spousal sponsorship applications and have been approved.
I do not think there is a law that requires CIC to "give you a chance"..they can reject you for "Misrepresentation"...this does not mean it is intentional just forgot to add something...as an example...hubby had three work premits rejected without a chance...straight out rejections...better to have more info that not enough...a while back like around a year ago or more people were getting their application refused for using a Channeler....it was a three month period or so...there were also people that had their application refused for no medical or the police report and again it was a short period of time but it happened...there is a line in the immigration act like CBSA job description and it says "at the discretion"...and that about covers it all...Your best bet is to follow the very detailed list provided by CIC...read...reread and then get someone not part of the process to read everything over...again our process started in 2009 and did not complete until 2016 and even now we are still waiting for the red flag for a refused work permit from 2014...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Sunset0505 said:
I do not think there is a law that requires CIC to "give you a chance"..they can reject you for "Misrepresentation"...this does not mean it is intentional just forgot to add something...as an example...hubby had three work premits rejected without a chance...straight out rejections...better to have more info that not enough...a while back like around a year ago or more people were getting their application refused for using a Channeler....it was a three month period or so...there were also people that had their application refused for no medical or the police report and again it was a short period of time but it happened...there is a line in the immigration act like CBSA job description and it says "at the discretion"...and that about covers it all...Your best bet is to follow the very detailed list provided by CIC...read...reread and then get someone not part of the process to read everything over...again our process started in 2009 and did not complete until 2016 and even now we are still waiting for the red flag for a refused work permit from 2014...

applications for work permits are hardly the same as applying for PR through spousal sponsorships. Perhaps THOSE applications can be rejected out right. spousal sponsorship applications have a lot more details and regulations for approval. comparing how the two applications are approved/rejected is like comparing apples to oranges.

spousal sponsorship applications are not rejected without cause. there needs to be a cause, and cic needs to tell you about the issue before they actually reject the application, so yes, for the most part they DO need to give the applicant a chance to fix the problem. if they suspect misrepresentation, there is usually a chance to submit further documents or there will be an interview. i have yet to see a case where a spousal sponsorship application was just rejected out right. i find it very hard to believe a spousal sponsorship application was rejected solely based on the fact a channeler was used and the applicant was not given a chance by cic to get a report directly from the FBI. if a medical was not provided upfront, cic MUST request it before continue processing. an application is not rejected because there is no medical submitted. please point me to a situation that was the case. were these examples for spousal sponsorship and were there NO other requests made or an interview called before these rejections? more than likely, their channeler report was rejected and CIC gave them another chance to get a report or the request for a medical exam was never done. it is when a request is not followed up on or complied within the deadline, they can close the case.

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
Do I need to fill out the use of a representative form if I'm submitting for my husband - and I'll be the main contact?

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
CDNPR2014 said:
applications for work permits are hardly the same as applying for PR through spousal sponsorships. Perhaps THOSE applications can be rejected out right. spousal sponsorship applications have a lot more details and regulations for approval. comparing how the two applications are approved/rejected is like comparing apples to oranges.

spousal sponsorship applications are not rejected without cause. there needs to be a cause, and cic needs to tell you about the issue before they actually reject the application, so yes, for the most part they DO need to give the applicant a chance to fix the problem. if they suspect misrepresentation, there is usually a chance to submit further documents or there will be an interview. i have yet to see a case where a spousal sponsorship application was just rejected out right. i find it very hard to believe a spousal sponsorship application was rejected solely based on the fact a channeler was used and the applicant was not given a chance by cic to get a report directly from the FBI. if a medical was not provided upfront, cic MUST request it before continue processing. an application is not rejected because there is no medical submitted. please point me to a situation that was the case. were these examples for spousal sponsorship and were there NO other requests made or an interview called before these rejections? more than likely, their channeler report was rejected and CIC gave them another chance to get a report or the request for a medical exam was never done. it is when a request is not followed up on or complied within the deadline, they can close the case.
At the Discretion of the Representative...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Roadtorusso said:
Do I need to fill out the use of a representative form if I'm submitting for my husband - and I'll be the main contact?
if you want to be able to check in and receive the communication for your husband, yes he needs to fill out the representative form and assign you as representative. otherwise, all communication for his application will only go to him.

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hi All,

Anyone have experience with applying outland while on a NAFTA work Visa?

Thanks

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
PR card question:

When I did my landing, they gave me a form that said it would take about 3 weeks to get my card in the mail, but the officer told me it would probably be closer to 5 weeks. Did anyone get theirs in 3 weeks time?
I'm more than likely traveling back to the states for US Thanksgiving and I was wondering if it would be okay to just show my passport and CoPR if the card doesn't come before then. And also, do I always need to have my PR card with me when I enter Canada?
Just want to be sure on these things and not assume.
Thanks!