Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ecclesiast said:
Hi friends,

My application just went from "background check not started" to "in progress". What does this mean for the application?
not much. it could mean your application is being reviewed and worked on.

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
CDNPR2014 said:
not much. it could mean your application is being reviewed and worked on.
This much is assumed. The file has been open since September 9th, but just now the background check has been started and is in progress. I had read earlier about what this could indicate.

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
Hi all, quick update. Hubby landed tonight at the Peace Bridge. The keywords on both sides of the border seemed to be "we're flagpoling". As soon as I said that they were all smiles and very helpful. Very quick and easy (minus a short wait to get back into Canada). All they needed was the passport & CoPR. The officer joked about the photo probably not being the right dimensions. We didn't bring the form for importing goods as he had nothing to import - it was a non-issue. They asked 3 questions: any criminal charges? any dependents? what's your current address? Signed the paperwork a couple times, they said PR card will come in the mail and congrats! Quick and painless.

Big sigh of relief. So glad it's done.

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
lalicatter said:
Hi all, quick update. Hubby landed tonight at the Peace Bridge. The keywords on both sides of the border seemed to be "we're flagpoling". As soon as I said that they were all smiles and very helpful. Very quick and easy (minus a short wait to get back into Canada). All they needed was the passport & CoPR. The officer joked about the photo probably not being the right dimensions. We didn't bring the form for importing goods as he had nothing to import - it was a non-issue. They asked 3 questions: any criminal charges? any dependents? what's your current address? Signed the paperwork a couple times, they said PR card will come in the mail and congrats! Quick and painless.

Big sigh of relief. So glad it's done.
Sounds exactly like my experience. (Except I said I had been detained but charges were dropped, showed dismissal paper, he asked if I sent that with my application, I said yes, and that was it). So glad it's all over for you! Happy Canada living!

mruhomau

May 11, 2016
Hello everyone - some of you might recall, I mailed my PR US spousal sponshoship application on Sunday October 2nd. Today I received an email from immigration Canada confirming they have received my application on october 3rd 2016. They have also provided me an application number etc.

I have a question : Does that mean all the documents we provided are correct for now ? I mean do they open the application first and make sure from a first look everything looks ok and then they send this email ?

or do they simply send this email before the open the application?

The reason I am asking is that I want to have a feel at which stage of application we are at

thanks everyone in advance for your help and response

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
Did anyone else do a Stat Dec with a married spouse? I wasn't going to include one but my friend who worked for an immigration consultant suggested that I should...

Jli

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 15-11-2016
LANDED..........
25-11-2016
mruhomau said:
one more question. I see some of the posters mention something called " AOR " . what is AOR ?
Acknowledgment of Receipt

diding

Oct 14, 2016
Hi everyone. Im just curious, whats the fastest outland application(US applicabts) they have done recently?

Jli

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 15-11-2016
LANDED..........
25-11-2016
diding said:
Hi everyone. Im just curious, whats the fastest outland application(US applicabts) they have done recently?
5 to 6 months is the fastest I've seen.

diding

Oct 14, 2016
I am just curious again. we're sending our application this November. I am a legal resident here in USA. My extended visa will be expiring next September 2017 and my US permanent resident visa application is still pending for the last 17months now. If my Canadian spouse sponsors me, will it affect my canadian sponsorship application if I have a pending visa application here in the US?

yajiijay

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
Hello

Just wondering how big is the COPR letter? I just sent my passport 2 photos to Ottawa for visa and COPR
and I also sent a pre-paid return envelope but I don't know if the envelope is big enough for the COPR letter

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mruhomau said:
Hello everyone - some of you might recall, I mailed my PR US spousal sponshoship application on Sunday October 2nd. Today I received an email from immigration Canada confirming they have received my application on october 3rd 2016. They have also provided me an application number etc.

I have a question : Does that mean all the documents we provided are correct for now ? I mean do they open the application first and make sure from a first look everything looks ok and then they send this email ?

or do they simply send this email before the open the application?

The reason I am asking is that I want to have a feel at which stage of application we are at

thanks everyone in advance for your help and response
mruhomau said:
one more question. I see some of the posters mention something called " AOR " . what is AOR ?
The letter you received is your AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). Generally, the AOR confirms the date the application is received and there are no missing forms or signatures. neither applicaiton has started review at that point. the next step is them reviewing the sponsor's application and sending the Sponsor approval letter (SA). After that, the application is sent to the visa office and will wait to be picked up for processing.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yajiijay said:
Hello

Just wondering how big is the COPR letter? I just sent my passport 2 photos to Ottawa for visa and COPR
and I also sent a pre-paid return envelope but I don't know if the envelope is big enough for the COPR letter
the COPR are 2 peices of 11x14 or 11x17 paper folded up. it is not large at all. generally, it comes in regular mail in a small brown envelope. i'd be surprised if they have a problem fitting it into a prepaid envelope.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Roadtorusso said:
Did anyone else do a Stat Dec with a married spouse? I wasn't going to include one but my friend who worked for an immigration consultant suggested that I should...
stat declarations are only needed for commonlaw couples. it is not required for married spouses. i would not recommend following advice from someone working at an immigration consultant office. generally speaking, they give very bad advice. i did not include one and had no issue at all with my approval.