UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
canadiantica15 said:
You're welcome. The only problem is that you can't just print it all out. You have to take screenshots of it all which gets very time consuming.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
Do I have to provide the option C printout or the Notice of Assessment? On one of the forms it says to provide my option C printout but on the checklist it says notice of assessment. I was under the impression that the option C printout is a more detailed version of the NOA. I have my option C printout but not my NOA.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tigermilo said:
Do I have to provide the option C printout or the Notice of Assessment? On one of the forms it says to provide my option C printout but on the checklist it says notice of assessment. I was under the impression that the option C printout is a more detailed version of the NOA. I have my option C printout but not my NOA.
I believe the new requirement is the NOA, which you can print off from your online CRA account. Check the dates on the forms you're looking at and go by the latest one. The option c used to be the required form.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
CDNPR2014 said:
I believe the new requirement is the NOA, which you can print off from your online CRA account. Check the dates on the forms you're looking at and go by the latest one. The option c used to be the required form.
The dates that's next the forms in the application is the newest version? If so then the form that says to provide the option C printout was updated in 2012 (sponsorship evaluation) but the checklist was updated in 2016.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tigermilo said:
The dates that's next the forms in the application is the newest version? If so then the form that says to provide the option C printout was updated in 2012 (sponsorship evaluation) but the checklist was updated in 2016.
go by the checklist that was updated in 2016.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
CDNPR2014 said:
go by the checklist that was updated in 2016.
Okay thank you. I just an online account for CRA but I have to wait 5-10 days for my code.

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
Hi Everyone - I just have a few questions about supporting materials/proof. My husband is a US citizen living in Blaine, WA, and I'm Canadian - Living in Vancouver, BC. We met via tinder 2 years ago, and got married in Bellingham in February, 2016.
How many pictures did you include? We don't have 1000's of photos together, but I have included 13 pages with 2 photos/page. I also have our tinder chat log, and various chat logs from Facebook/iMessage. We mostly communicate on FaceTime and I didn't take screenshots of those communications, just a few as of late. Also, because we live so close, we see each other every weekend so there's never been a huge gap of time for not seeing one another. I can include some cards from our wedding, and we did start a US bank account attached to my credit union. I've also drafted a stat dec with a timeline of our relationship for him, and I've asked my family to write supporting letters. Is there anything else I should include? And when should we have his medical done?

Thanks in advance! Oh, and for everyone doing their FBI check, we used a channeler referred by the Blaine PD - National Background Check, and got the results within a week. It does cost a bit more money but definitely worth it! :D

Cheers!

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
ryanntheredhead said:
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to everyone that helped with my questions along the way. I landed this morning, drove two minutes down the road to the nearest Service Canada and got my SIN, and going this week to get a health card. I didn't stop smiling the 5 hour drive home :)

Speedy luck to everyone!

lalicatter: still got my fingers crossed for you...

Also, since I was already residing in Canada, I didn't have to fill out a Goods Declaration form. Thanks CDNPR.
So happy to hear everything went smoothly!!

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
Roadtorusso said:
Hi Everyone - I just have a few questions about supporting materials/proof. My husband is a US citizen living in Blaine, WA, and I'm Canadian - Living in Vancouver, BC. We met via tinder 2 years ago, and got married in Bellingham in February, 2016.
How many pictures did you include? We don't have 1000's of photos together, but I have included 13 pages with 2 photos/page. I also have our tinder chat log, and various chat logs from Facebook/iMessage. We mostly communicate on FaceTime and I didn't take screenshots of those communications, just a few as of late. Also, because we live so close, we see each other every weekend so there's never been a huge gap of time for not seeing one another. I can include some cards from our wedding, and we did start a US bank account attached to my credit union. I've also drafted a stat dec with a timeline of our relationship for him, and I've asked my family to write supporting letters. Is there anything else I should include? And when should we have his medical done?

Thanks in advance! Oh, and for everyone doing their FBI check, we used a channeler referred by the Blaine PD - National Background Check, and got the results within a week. It does cost a bit more money but definitely worth it! :D

Cheers!
That's pretty much all I sent for me and my boyfriend. I also photocopied the passport pages where we traveled together so maybe you could send the pages with the stamps that you have from visiting each other. Definitely send proof of the bank account. I sent our chat log from OKCupid where we met, maybe 15 pages of photos 2 per page (with a small description written in on the sides). I didn't do this but someone said have your family's letters state how long they've known about the relationship/when it started, seems like a good idea. I'd say you should be good, but if you think of any other creative way to prove you're a real couple there's no harm in sending in more.

And thanks Joyce_tosf!

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
ryanntheredhead said:
That's pretty much all I sent for me and my boyfriend. I also photocopied the passport pages where we traveled together so maybe you could send the pages with the stamps that you have from visiting each other. Definitely send proof of the bank account. I sent our chat log from OKCupid where we met, maybe 15 pages of photos 2 per page (with a small description written in on the sides). I didn't do this but someone said have your family's letters state how long they've known about the relationship/when it started, seems like a good idea. I'd say you should be good, but if you think of any other creative way to prove you're a real couple there's no harm in sending in more.

And thanks Joyce_tosf!
[/quo]te

Thank you ryanntheredhead! ;D

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello everyone! I was curious to about how many pages you all had combined in your applications that were sent off?

Just curious, because I intend to overwhelm the visa office with proof of our relationship.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
csturner92 said:
Hello everyone! I was curious to about how many pages you all had combined in your applications that were sent off?

Just curious, because I intend to overwhelm the visa office with proof of our relationship.
my application was 97 pages total, including forms, extra pages for answers, required documents, relationship proof and checklists. us citizens have a low threshold for relationship validity. sometimes "overwhelming the visa office" can work against an application. the way I see it, the officer has to comb through everything sent to determine if it's relavant or acceptable, so overwhelming them with proof may add time it takes them to go through your application and approve you. it's more about quality than quantity. I would imagine it would take longer for a 400 page application to process than it takes a 100 page application. visa officers are human after all.

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Yeah that is true.

We have a problem though... my wife has an issue with her personal appearance and it is rare to allow her to have a photo taken, let alone with both of us in them.

That, and before we bought her a phone from the USA so I could text her freely we were using a text app named Viber for over two years. We didn't think to backup our chats, so we have no real records of our talking, because none of that is tracked or saved.

AND some of the pictures that she took are lost to us, because our hard drives failed.. but I do have proof that hard drives failed but they'd have to take my word for it.

Advice?

I plan to get letters from quite a few members of her family because I have met quite a few of them. Same from my family stating that they know when we started dating, and other things.

Help!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
csturner92 said:
Yeah that is true.

We have a problem though... my wife has an issue with her personal appearance and it is rare to allow her to have a photo taken, let alone with both of us in them.

That, and before we bought her a phone from the USA so I could text her freely we were using a text app named Viber for over two years. We didn't think to backup our chats, so we have no real records of our talking, because none of that is tracked or saved.

AND some of the pictures that she took are lost to us, because our hard drives failed.. but I do have proof that hard drives failed but they'd have to take my word for it.

Advice?
none of that really matters IMO. for my application, simply mentioning the different ways we communicated was enough. we did not send any logs or proof of skype calls, we simply wrote that is how we communicated. providing screen shots of social media feeds with both of us tagged was enough. providing the guest list, vendor list and receipts for our ceremony and reception was enough. cic is not looking for a bunch of pictures. they are looking for a relationship story that makes sense and proof it is known to other people in your lives. this can be done in the answers and information provided.

csturner92 said:
I plan to get letters from quite a few members of her family because I have met quite a few of them. Same from my family stating that they know when we started dating, and other things.

Help!
yes, those will be helpful.

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
OH MY GOODNESS!! My husband just logged onto ECAS and here's what we're seeing:

I can't believe it!! It's almost hard to believe it's real.

@ryan - If you're still here, OMG RYAN!! AHH!