Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
tigermilo said:
It's better to have more than not enough. Our phone bills are only from the last few months but I found a program that will decrypt all of our iPhone data (call history, including FaceTime) which shows we talk for hours and hours every day. So that alone is 80 pages (two screenshots per page and that's only for the last year). We also included a few texts from each month (but only from 14 months or so). It's going to be a pretty thick package.
I think you're probably good on the chat log/photo end of it, I would just consider sending any legal things you have that prove it too. Like leases, insurance policies, bank accounts and the like.

And thanks for the good wishes on landing! I just keep looking at my CoPR and getting excited to land! (Even though I have to do the 5 hour drive to the border alone since my bf will be out of town for work.)

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
ryanntheredhead said:
I think you're probably good on the chat log/photo end of it, I would just consider sending any legal things you have that prove it too. Like leases, insurance policies, bank accounts and the like.

And thanks for the good wishes on landing! I just keep looking at my CoPR and getting excited to land! (Even though I have to do the 5 hour drive to the border alone since my bf will be out of town for work.)
The only legal thing we have is our marriage certificate. We've never lived together (only when we visit each other for a week or two) so we don't have any shared bills or insurance policies.

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
Landing questions:

I know I need the goods declaration form, but I've been temporarily residing in Canada for a while now so I won't be bringing anything in. Do I still bring two filled out but blank copies? And the car I'll be driving is from the US but was officially imported last year, would I need to show any sort of proof of that? I'll just be flagpoling for this landing so I'm not sure they'll even ask about car stuff. And is that it as far as paperwork? Of course my CoPR and identification and I carry a copy of my whole application package with me just in case.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ryanntheredhead said:
Landing questions:

I know I need the goods declaration form, but I've been temporarily residing in Canada for a while now so I won't be bringing anything in. Do I still bring two filled out but blank copies? And the car I'll be driving is from the US but was officially imported last year, would I need to show any sort of proof of that? I'll just be flagpoling for this landing so I'm not sure they'll even ask about car stuff. And is that it as far as paperwork? Of course my CoPR and identification and I carry a copy of my whole application package with me just in case.
Hi,
if all your stuff is already in canada, then there's no reason to fill out declaration forms - those are only for items you are bringing with you or intend to bring later. assuming your car was permanently imported (as opposed to temporarily) and it's already registered/insured in canada, then it doesn't need to be declared at landing either. declaring the car exempts you from paying duty on it when importing. if it's been imported, then it's not subject to duty anymore.

There is nothing else needed besides a declaration form (if you are declaring items), your copr and passport. you do not need to carry a copy of your application. your COPR proves you applied and were approved, that is all that is needed to land.

graham_crackers

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Doc's Request.
02-02-2017|21-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
None Needed
Passport Req..
05-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hi all! I'm new, my husband is the American and I'm the Canadian. According to the little blurbs under your pic it looks like a lot of you are going through Ottawa? Is that typical for all US spousal applicants? Is it faster than being sent to a US office? Also, how do I get those little blurbies under my own name? I don't see the option in my profile. Thank you!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
graham_crackers said:
Hi all! I'm new, my husband is the American and I'm the Canadian. According to the little blurbs under your pic it looks like a lot of you are going through Ottawa? Is that typical for all US spousal applicants? Is it faster than being sent to a US office? Also, how do I get those little blurbies under my own name? I don't see the option in my profile. Thank you!
yes, all us applicants are processed in Ottawa, so that is where your husbands file will go. The only US office that works on sponsorship files is Los Angeles, and if your file gets sent there then you will have an interview. That is not a good thing since a majority of applicants are waived interviews. ottawa still gets the application initially - it is forwarded on if an interview is required. Contrary to the form in the packet, NYC does not process spousal sponsorship applications. The average time for Ottawa with interview waived is 4-6 months total.

I believe you need to have at least 10 posts to add information to your profile.

graham_crackers

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Doc's Request.
02-02-2017|21-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
None Needed
Passport Req..
05-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Ah ok, thank you. Well hopefully I get them everything they need... I asked this in another thread, but do you guys think this sounds like enough proof?

• Marriage certificate (from 2010)
  • House deed in both our names from US
  • Car title in both our names from US
  • Photos galore
  • Cards addressed to both of us from over the years
  • Old affidavits from friends/family that our relationship is true
  • Old bills in both our names
  • His name is on my current lease, but not sure if that's good or bad?

We don't have a lot of text/phone calls or flight tickets because we've been living together/visiting most of the time for the past 6 years (we lived in the US for our entire marriage until now) and any trips taken together have been road trips. Does the above sound like enough? I'm shipping it out either today or tomorrow and fingers crossed it doesn't get sent to LA :-[ Sorry for all the questions.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
graham_crackers said:
Ah ok, thank you. Well hopefully I get them everything they need... I asked this in another thread, but do you guys think this sounds like enough proof?

• Marriage certificate (from 2010)
  • House deed in both our names from US
  • Car title in both our names from US
  • Photos galore
  • Cards addressed to both of us from over the years
  • Old affidavits from friends/family that our relationship is true
  • Old bills in both our names
  • His name is on my current lease, but not sure if that's good or bad?

We don't have a lot of text/phone calls or flight tickets because we've been living together/visiting most of the time for the past 6 years (we lived in the US for our entire marriage until now) and any trips taken together have been road trips. Does the above sound like enough? I'm shipping it out either today or tomorrow and fingers crossed it doesn't get sent to LA :-[ Sorry for all the questions.
yes, this is fine. chat/text logs are not essential or required. i didn't put any in my application and had no issue. US/Canadian couples have a low threshold for relationship proof. it is not as likely for a US citizen to marry a canadian for immigration purposes (though who knows if that opinion will change come November). typical reasons for interviews are: relationship issues (mostly related to age), dependant issues, criminal issues or if the applicant is a us pr or visa holder, not a citizen. What's important is that your application makes sense and it's obvious others know about your relationship. it is more about quality, not quantity.

graham_crackers

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Doc's Request.
02-02-2017|21-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
None Needed
Passport Req..
05-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Thank you so much, it means more than I can say! Hoping for Ottawa :)

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to everyone that helped with my questions along the way. I landed this morning, drove two minutes down the road to the nearest Service Canada and got my SIN, and going this week to get a health card. I didn't stop smiling the 5 hour drive home :)

Speedy luck to everyone!

lalicatter: still got my fingers crossed for you...

Also, since I was already residing in Canada, I didn't have to fill out a Goods Declaration form. Thanks CDNPR.

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
ryanntheredhead said:
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to everyone that helped with my questions along the way. I landed this morning, drove two minutes down the road to the nearest Service Canada and got my SIN, and going this week to get a health card. I didn't stop smiling the 5 hour drive home :)

Speedy luck to everyone!

lalicatter: still got my fingers crossed for you...

Also, since I was already residing in Canada, I didn't have to fill out a Goods Declaration form. Thanks CDNPR.
I'm so happy your landing is done. I bet you are so relieved! I don't even know you and I'm imagining you smiling all the way!! Lol. I was also wondering about the Goods Declaration form thing - good to know it was okay not to have it.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, it means a lot to me. I've had to stop checking ECAS - my husband does it now. I've learned I can't draw conclusions based on other's timelines as I set myself up for a let down every time. Every file really is unique it seems. There's really no clear operating process for when files get picked up or put away. At this point I just hope that we hear positive news by Christmas.

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
lalicatter said:
I'm so happy your landing is done. I bet you are so relieved! I don't even know you and I'm imagining you smiling all the way!! Lol. I was also wondering about the Goods Declaration form thing - good to know it was okay not to have it.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, it means a lot to me. I've had to stop checking ECAS - my husband does it now. I've learned I can't draw conclusions based on other's timelines as I set myself up for a let down every time. Every file really is unique it seems. There's really no clear operating process for when files get picked up or put away. At this point I just hope that we hear positive news by Christmas.
When I saw someone who applied 20 days after me go through and then I didn't get approved until 3 weeks after her, in those three weeks I thought it was the end. I thought I was getting denied. I know it's so hard to put it out of your mind, but you have no red flags so you'll more than likely go through as soon as they pick you application back up! Remember how it took 83 days for me to get SA? Something similar could have happened to you! And some people don't even get a change in ECAS, they just get CoPR in the mail. Hopefully with a rep that wouldn't be the case for you but if they don't update anything online, maybe your rep wouldn't know either. You're almost there!

Also, I would bring two copies of the Goods form just in case. I had them and the officer wasn't really sure if I needed them, then decided I didn't. Wouldn't want you to get there on your big day and your officer decides they need them even if blank.

P.S. The US officer (when I flagpoled) and both Canadian officers were really sweet and said congratulations on your big day when I was there. Hopefully everyone gets nice officers like me haha.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
tigermilo said:
It's better to have more than not enough. Our phone bills are only from the last few months but I found a program that will decrypt all of our iPhone data (call history, including FaceTime) which shows we talk for hours and hours every day. So that alone is 80 pages (two screenshots per page and that's only for the last year). We also included a few texts from each month (but only from 14 months or so). It's going to be a pretty thick package.
What is the program called? This would be perfect since my partner and I primarily use FaceTime!

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
canadiantica15 said:
What is the program called? This would be perfect since my partner and I primarily use FaceTime!
It's called iExplorer. I just got the trial version but I was able to see all of our phone and FaceTime call history.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017