+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
hey folks..

My wife is US citizen, pending delivery of our baby in couple weeks time, I'm a Canadian PR holder living in Toronto.
Our spousal application is in, but not complete because of deferred Chest xray.
Everyone tells me to add/amend the baby to my wife's application after baby is born.

1)As I understand it, baby will need a medical - is this correct?
2) Notwithstanding that it will take about 8-10 weeks to get a birth certificate and then a US passport for the baby, how do we go about to amend/add baby to my wife's application?

Can anybody please tell me how to do this?
Some suggestions that haven't worked thus far are informing the case processing center(Ottawa) - no reply from them thus yet regarding how to proceed.

Please- any suggestion on how to add the baby to this application.

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tucosword said:
hey folks..

My wife is US citizen, pending delivery of our baby in couple weeks time, I'm a Canadian PR holder living in Toronto.
Our spousal application is in, but not complete because of deferred Chest xray.
Everyone tells me to add/amend the baby to my wife's application after baby is born.

1)As I understand it, baby will need a medical - is this correct?
2) Notwithstanding that it will take about 8-10 weeks to get a birth certificate and then a US passport for the baby, how do we go about to amend/add baby to my wife's application?

Can anybody please tell me how to do this?
Some suggestions that haven't worked thus far are informing the case processing center(Ottawa) - no reply from them thus yet regarding how to proceed.

Please- any suggestion on how to add the baby to this application.

Thanks
I i just answered this question in the other thread you posted it in. please do not double post questions in a short period of time. it will not result in more answers. it's important to give people time to answer your questions.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
I i just answered this question in the other thread you posted it in. please do not double post questions in a short period of time. it will not result in more answers. it's important to give people time to answer your questions.
Apologies CDNPR2014 - could you be so kind as to link me to where you have answered this question? I don't see it in the other thread.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tucosword said:
Apologies CDNPR2014 - could you be so kind as to link me to where you have answered this question? I don't see it in the other thread.
my response is right above profiler's initial response to your question:

CDNPR2014 said:
1. yes, the baby will require a medical exam by a panel physician.

2. you will be able to add the baby to the application by either 1) sending the information to the visa office per the instructions written in the sponsor approval letter you received about how to notify CIC of changes to the application. 2) sending the items through a case specific inquiry on the cic website.

quercus

Mar 9, 2016
Alberta
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
late May 2016
Doc's Request.
mid-Aug 2016
AOR Received.
late June 2016
File Transfer...
early-Aug 2016 (same as SA?)
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
mid-Sept 2016
LANDED..........
Apr 2017
Bcgirl1 said:
Ok thank you so much for your help. I will try to be patient lol
As of yesterday, I think we're in the same boat:
Sponsor's eCAS says they're processing my application & med results have been received. That's as far as his end goes.
My (PA) eCAS says Decision Made. Notes say the same as above but also that they requested more info. Doesn't say that the info was received (I know it was).
PA "My Application" says eligibility & background are are "in progress," medical was passed weeks ago (but not noted in eCAS), and Final Decision has not been started.

I keep checking My App to see if at least that will be updated, but I guess a letter or email will come first? I don't understand why these don't all feed off the same database, but I'm hoping my eCAS is the most accurate!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
quercus said:
As of yesterday, I think we're in the same boat:
Sponsor's eCAS says they're processing my application & med results have been received. That's as far as his end goes.
My (PA) eCAS says Decision Made. Notes say the same as above but also that they requested more info. Doesn't say that the info was received (I know it was).
PA "My Application" says eligibility & background are are "in progress," medical was passed weeks ago (but not noted in eCAS), and Final Decision has not been started.

I keep checking My App to see if at least that will be updated, but I guess a letter or email will come first? I don't understand why these don't all feed off the same database, but I'm hoping my eCAS is the most accurate!
generally in ECAS, when the status changes to DM there won't be any other updates listed or confirmation of anything being received by CIC. if there is anything it would say something similar to "we sent you a letter on xxx...". Most of the time though, it just says Decision Made. You won't receive any email about the decision. For ottawa, DM generally means your COPR was mailed out. Sometimes the COPR is mailed out the day after DM happens. Be on the look out for a brown envelop in regular mail.

quercus

Mar 9, 2016
Alberta
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
late May 2016
Doc's Request.
mid-Aug 2016
AOR Received.
late June 2016
File Transfer...
early-Aug 2016 (same as SA?)
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
mid-Sept 2016
LANDED..........
Apr 2017
CDNPR2014 said:
generally in ECAS, when the status changes to DM there won't be any other updates listed or confirmation of anything being received by CIC. if there is anything it would say something similar to "we sent you a letter on xxx...". Most of the time though, it just says Decision Made. You won't receive any email about the decision. For ottawa, DM generally means your COPR was mailed out. Sometimes the COPR is mailed out the day after DM happens. Be on the look out for a brown envelop in regular mail.
I was *just* about to post a question, because in another thread someone said there would be a letter, not email. Thanks for the extra info!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
quercus said:
I was *just* about to post a question, because in another thread someone said there would be a letter, not email. Thanks for the extra info!
the "letter" is your COPR

yajiijay

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
Sunset0505 said:
CIC will come door knocking...just a FYI...its rare but they will
:eek: :eek: Do they knock at your relatives or friends door just to confirm your relationship is for real?

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
Hello all,

I sent my application out to sponsor my (American) wife on July 18th. I have since received sponsorship approval, and they have been looking at her application since September 2nd.

We did not send her FBI check in; in lieu of it, we sent a letter explaining the long FBI processing times and our intention to send in the FBI check once we received it. Do we send it now or do we wait for them to ask for it?

Additionally, on our application status page online it says "Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made", and "Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process". What are the differences between these two things?

Thank you. I know you will be retreading oft answered questions here, but I am concerned!

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
ecclesiast said:
Hello all,

I sent my application out to sponsor my (American) wife on July 18th. I have since received sponsorship approval, and they have been looking at her application since September 2nd.

We did not send her FBI check in; in lieu of it, we sent a letter explaining the long FBI processing times and our intention to send in the FBI check once we received it. Do we send it now or do we wait for them to ask for it?

Additionally, on our application status page online it says "Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made", and "Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process". What are the differences between these two things?

Thank you. I know you will be retreading oft answered questions here, but I am concerned!
You should send it as soon as you get it since your side has already been approved. I would send it through a case specific enquiry and fax it with her UCI, name and application number.

If you wait for them to ask for it, it will cause a delay in processing.

There are two sides to an application. They process the sponsor at Mississauga. The application then gets sent to the appropriate visa office to process the applicant's side. In the case of Americans, it goes to Ottawa.

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
itsasyn17 said:
You should send it as soon as you get it since your side has already been approved. I would send it through a case specific enquiry and fax it with her UCI, name and application number.

If you wait for them to ask for it, it will cause a delay in processing.

There are two sides to an application. They process the sponsor at Mississauga. The application then gets sent to the appropriate visa office to process the applicant's side. In the case of Americans, it goes to Ottawa.
Okay, thank you. This is helpful. We have had the FBI check since August, so we should send it immediately to Ottawa.

I see that the case specific enquiry form is digital. Am I to fill out this form and inform them what I'm doing and then immediately fax them the document? Where can I find the fax address for the Ottawa office?

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
ecclesiast said:
Okay, thank you. This is helpful. We have had the FBI check since August, so we should send it immediately to Ottawa.

I see that the case specific enquiry form is digital. Am I to fill out this form and inform them what I'm doing and then immediately fax them the document? Where can I find the fax address for the Ottawa office?
When you complete the form there will be an option to attach a file as well.

Here is contact page...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
itsasyn17 said:
When you complete the form there will be an option to attach a file as well.

Here is contact page...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp
Okay, I am sorry I am about to sound so daft, but should I attach a file in my online enquiry or should I fax in the document?

Also, congratulations on your decision made! That's SO exciting and encouraging!