+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
My spouse & I submitted the SA & Outland PR applications together. I had not received my FBI clearance check at the time we mailed our apps in but I did include where the FBI had charged my credit card the $18 fee. I'm hoping to receive the FBI check any day now. My question is, since I don't have an application number yet, how do I mail the FBI check/record to CPC-M and make sure it is associated with my application? I sent my fingerprints to the FBI in May; it's been such a long process that I don't want to take any risk of the clearance/record being misplaced or lost once it reaches CPC-M.
Thanks for any feedback!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KateChurchill said:
My spouse & I submitted the SA & Outland PR applications together. I had not received my FBI clearance check at the time we mailed our apps in but I did include where the FBI had charged my credit card the $18 fee. I'm hoping to receive the FBI check any day now. My question is, since I don't have an application number yet, how do I mail the FBI check/record to CPC-M and make sure it is associated with my application? I sent my fingerprints to the FBI in May; it's been such a long process that I don't want to take any risk of the clearance/record being misplaced or lost once it reaches CPC-M.
Thanks for any feedback!
it's recommended to wait until the sponsor receives the sponsor approval letter. this will have the file number for your application and directions about how to send it to the visa office. the FBI record is not needed for sponsor application processing, so it's best to wait until you receive the instructions from CIC.

kyatto

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
Doc's Request.
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 08-18-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
amc90 said:
A really terrible experience. We had to hire a lawyer because of the experience.
Yikes.. maybe we'll look at SK

Lanegirl

Jun 3, 2016
I would wait until they send you notice of missing paperwork. I had submitted my application without the FBI check as well and they sent me a notice once they started processing it. You might be able to scan it and send it attached to the email they send you. They let me scan a lot of docs that way.

AmandaCanDR1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ:03-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016 SA:19-04-2016 AOR2:June 29th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-01-2016 re-medical 28-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
Joyce_tosf said:
Thank you!! :) :) Makes me feel better just hearing it should be ok! haha
You welcome !!! :) No worries it will be ok ;)

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
kyatto said:
We'll likely be coming up through Coutts but seem to keep hearing of not-so-great experiences there.. nice to see something positive :)

Anyone else experience this crossing or have any suggestions for other good crossings into Alberta? Kingsgate adds quite a few hours to our already lengthy trip.
We came from RI, and crossed at Northgate. We got through just fine, but they did tell me to stay in the car and brought my fiance in for a few questions. It was kind of scary, but we had nothing to hide.

mcoro001

Apr 10, 2016
Hi everybody!! I received an email saying that the processing of my application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete and that I need to submit my passport and photos and according to the instructions I don`t have to send passport or copy of my passport (visa exempt). I`m visiting my spouse in Canada, should I change my mailing address so I can receive my COPR here?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mcoro001 said:
Hi everybody!! I received an email saying that the processing of my application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete and that I need to submit my passport and photos and according to the instructions I don`t have to send passport or copy of my passport (visa exempt). I`m visiting my spouse in Canada, should I change my mailing address so I can receive my COPR here?
does the letter specifically say because you are visa exempt, you do not have to send a copy of your passport? if not, then you need to still send it. They will request copies for some applicants to verify name and passport info. Do not ignore the request and assume you do not need to send a copy - unless it specifically states this. Yes, you will want to notify cic where you want the COPR to be sent, if it's not the same address you used in your application. You need to do this by either responding to the PPR request with this information or by sending a case specific enquiry. Just changing the address on ECAS does not guarantee the change will be made in time for your COPR to be mailed.

hmks

Sep 8, 2015
Hi All,

We received a letter in March that my husband's application to sponsor me had been approved and my application had been forwarded to the visa office in Ottawa. Since then we haven't heard anything and when we look up the application status online it says both the sponsorship and PR applications are "In Process" even though we have the letter saying the sponsorship application was approved in March. Should we be concerned about this discrepancy or just assume that my application is actually at the visa office and not stuck somewhere in limbo? Thanks for any replies.

setec-astronomy

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016 (AOR1)
File Transfer...
26-04-2016 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
11-03-2016 (Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
hmks said:
Hi All,

We received a letter in March that my husband's application to sponsor me had been approved and my application had been forwarded to the visa office in Ottawa. Since then we haven't heard anything and when we look up the application status online it says both the sponsorship and PR applications are "In Process" even though we have the letter saying the sponsorship application was approved in March. Should we be concerned about this discrepancy or just assume that my application is actually at the visa office and not stuck somewhere in limbo? Thanks for any replies.
eCAS is horribly behind for a lot of us, even those of us who have (or whose partners have) already landed. It seems like giving a call might be in order; it's even possible they think they've requested additional documents from you, though you may have not gotten the request, given that kind of processing time.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hmks said:
Hi All,

as the other poster suggested, ECAS is not an accurate indicator of what's going on with your file, so it's not something to stress about. you may want to consider ordering your GMSC notes. this will help determined if you missed any correspondence and/or if it's still in queue waiting for approval.

hmks

Sep 8, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
you may want to consider ordering your GMSC notes. this will help determined if you missed any correspondence and/or if it's still in queue waiting for approval.
How would I order the GMSC notes? I wrote in my original cover letter that I lived in Japan and they only will do the background check with a letter from the Canadian authorities. So I stated they needed to send me a letter but they never have. Maybe this is the missing correspondence? Everything else is in. All other background checks and medicals. My medical expires in December. Thanks.

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
hmks said:
How would I order the GMSC notes? I wrote in my original cover letter that I lived in Japan and they only will do the background check with a letter from the Canadian authorities. So I stated they needed to send me a letter but they never have. Maybe this is the missing correspondence? Everything else is in. All other background checks and medicals. My medical expires in December. Thanks.
The form is here...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

It takes about 30 days to get it. Best wishes.

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
hmks said:
Thank you! I'll try and see what they say. Appreciate the help.
No worries. ;)