March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Caribou said:
My GCMS is not gonna get here for another 3 weeks, so I just went ahead and made appointment for medical next months. I think emailing case specific inquiry sounds great.
I'm also waiting on new FBI letter in case they fuss about 3 mo expiry under old rule.
Medical wasn't 100% perfect, but doctor told me it really doesn't matter when it's sponsoring spouse unless it's like end stage renal or cancer issue.
does your spouse's lease have your name as well?
I included my spouse in lease agreement just in case, and I'm not sure if it's good idea or not since it's outland.

Come to think of it, ECAS already shows it's Medical Received... so I guess just wait until case specific inquiry email comes

To JamesinCanada:
I think it's just a batch email. it may be just that cic sends out those out once they grab our batch of files and start reviewing.
My spouse's lease has only her name on it. We purposefully didn't include it on the original lease so the CIC wouldn't think I was living there, though our landlord knows my situation of waiting for my application to be approved. Our landlord has agreed to add my name to the lease after my PR is approved.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Caribou said:
My GCMS is not gonna get here for another 3 weeks, so I just went ahead and made appointment for medical next months. I think emailing case specific inquiry sounds great.
I'm also waiting on new FBI letter in case they fuss about 3 mo expiry under old rule.
Medical wasn't 100% perfect, but doctor told me it really doesn't matter when it's sponsoring spouse unless it's like end stage renal or cancer issue.
does your spouse's lease have your name as well?
I included my spouse in lease agreement just in case, and I'm not sure if it's good idea or not since it's outland.

Come to think of it, ECAS already shows it's Medical Received... so I guess just wait until case specific inquiry email comes

To JamesinCanada:
I think it's just a batch email. it may be just that cic sends out those out once they grab our batch of files and start reviewing.
Good luck with the case specific email inqury - if you get a response, I'd love to know about it. I am in a somewhat similar situation, with my medicals set to expire next month. So I sent an email asking about that (and also letting them know that I can land in a hurry if needed) and never heard a word back.

Until they ask for new medicals, I'm not doing them...$400 last time and if I don't need to spend the money, I'm not going to. The doctor where I am is really quick and I know I can get an appointment on a couple of days notice.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
rugrat907 said:
Good luck with the case specific email inqury - if you get a response, I'd love to know about it. I am in a somewhat similar situation, with my medicals set to expire next month. So I sent an email asking about that (and also letting them know that I can land in a hurry if needed) and never heard a word back.

Until they ask for new medicals, I'm not doing them...$400 last time and if I don't need to spend the money, I'm not going to. The doctor where I am is really quick and I know I can get an appointment on a couple of days notice.
It depends I guess with the officer that’s handing the case because my officer has sent me confirmations about my applications about 3-4 times already... Pretty quickly too. My advise is to send an email inquiry to the CPC email address cause they will route that email to your specific officer. I emailed the Mississauga email address and my officer replied to me directly.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
rugrat907 said:

Our CIC case manager can't figure out how to open attachments in the emdeical file..we did the meds upfront..when they expired went for another X-ray...rec'd another letter saying had to do it again and that when the CIC dr stepped in and worked with us...took 2,5 months for CIC to finally tell the CIC dr that the emedical needed to be mailed in...so I am pretty sure its going to be at least another 4 months..

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Hello again,

I have a question about the medical. There's only one panel physician in my state and because of that, I won't be able to get a medical exam done until after I was planning on submitting my application. My choice is either wait here after my wedding and get the medical exam done here or I can do it when I visit my spouse in Vancouver, where there are a lot more panel physicians. Either way would delay my sending the application by about a month. I don't want to delay visiting him, but I would rather have my application submitted when I cross the border. Is it alright to send on my application without the medical and send the medical paperwork a few weeks later? I understand that meds are supposed to be done upfront, but if I submit it before they even start on my portion of the application wouldn't that work?

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
It's cheaper to get the medical done in Canada. As for sending it later, I can't say one way or the other 100%. I know some people don't do the medical until it's requested but I would think that would delay it. We had to send in the background check later (FBI backed up) and as far as we know it wasn't a problem, we also had to redo the medical as ours expired a few months after we applied (poor timing) and there are instructions on the receipt of the application that tells you what to do about the medical so potentially it could be fine as long as you get it in within a couple months after you send in your application but no one can say for sure except CIC themselves.

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 19-08-2015
Question about landing:

We plan to drive down the the Montana border the day or day after my COPR arrives, hopefully this week! And wanted to know if someone can give me some insight on what to bring. Obviously that whole envelope they send to you and probably my passport, but is there any other forms I need to fill out and bring? I already have all my stuff in Calgary so I don't need to declare anything. I'm assuming along with your COPR, there's some information in that packet? I know I have to go get a SIN number at a city registry and then I can work and get a health care card, am I correct on that?

I'm so excited, finally being at the end of this 10 month process. If anyone can answer my questions, I'd really appreciate it!

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Decoy24601 said:
Hello again,

I have a question about the medical. There's only one panel physician in my state and because of that, I won't be able to get a medical exam done until after I was planning on submitting my application. My choice is either wait here after my wedding and get the medical exam done here or I can do it when I visit my spouse in Vancouver, where there are a lot more panel physicians. Either way would delay my sending the application by about a month. I don't want to delay visiting him, but I would rather have my application submitted when I cross the border. Is it alright to send on my application without the medical and send the medical paperwork a few weeks later? I understand that meds are supposed to be done upfront, but if I submit it before they even start on my portion of the application wouldn't that work?
You will be fine submitting it later. I submitted my medical about 2 months after I applied and everything worked out just fine.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Thanks both of you :D.

One more question. Can we send the application from the US? I assumed that we could, but I thought I'd double check.

ashleybriggs

Aug 4, 2015
Hi everyone

Here's where I'm at:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

My status had now changed to "Decision Made". I was sent an email on September 25 asking me to update any information (address change, divorce, children, and to send "proof" that my husband (sponsor) does indeed reside currently in Canada and not the US). I responded the same day and received an automated response.

If this was the only correspondence I have received should I presume that I have been granted my PR?
Does anyone know what the timeline is from here? How long it will take to be contacted about the "Decision" and will I get it through mail/email etc?

It's only been 6 months since I sent in my application and I was told anywhere from 11-29 months!

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
Decoy24601 said:
Thanks both of you :D.

One more question. Can we send the application from the US? I assumed that we could, but I thought I'd double check.
Yes, you can send it from anywhere in the world. I'd recommend something like FedEx over regular mail though. They seem a bit faster and more reliable in my experience. Just make sure you send it to the courier address if you do that.

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
Congratulations, WDWgirl2011 and anyone else who recently received good news from CIC!!!

I also just received my COPR in the mail (here in Montreal)!!!

We have successfully navigated our Common-Law Partner sponsorship for PR thanks to the helpful information found on this forum.

Thanks so much to all the senior members and helpful posts!

Here's my timeline to the best of my knowledge (I had trouble trying to update the spreadsheet, so I gave up on that).

It took 10 months from App Filed to COPR.

Meds Done : ___ ?? Sep 2014 (for a visa extension)
App filed : _____ 29 Dec 2014
SA : __________ 09 Mar 2015
CSQ (took 1mon):30 Apr 2015
Doc Request : _ 30 Jul 2015 (proof of sponsor's residence & RPRF)
In Progress : ___ ?? Sep 2015
Decision Made: _ ?? Oct 2015
COPR date: ____ 22 Oct 2015
COPR received: _ 27 Oct 2015
COPR valid until: 30 Sep 2016*

*My medical apparently got automatically extended 1 year? The letter accompanying my COPR stated that:

Your Permanent Residence Visa(s) have been given the maximum validity. They cannot be extended for any reason.
Not a big deal for me, since I hope to land sooner than later.

Now I just need to discuss with my partner our best plan for when to land vs how to bring over my personal goods from California to Quebec (no car, so driving clear across North America is not an option).

Additional notes:

We only used Canada Post (with tracking/confirmation of receipt). No problems for us.

My COPR has Condition 51, as expected and not a worry at all for us. :)

My COPR has at the bottom REMARKS: OCTROI REGLEMENTAIRE. Any idea what that means? Customs/importing of personal goods?

For everyone still waiting: I found it better on my nerves not to check ECAS and this website obsessively every day or week. I focused my energies on my life in my new city, finding activities to participate in, working on my French language skills (bonjour Quebec!), making new friends, etc. It helped calm my nerves a lot! :)

Now I just need to land! <3

Bonne chance tout le monde!
Good luck everyone!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Panamai said:
Yes, you can send it from anywhere in the world. I'd recommend something like FedEx over regular mail though. They seem a bit faster and more reliable in my experience. Just make sure you send it to the courier address if you do that.
Thanks! Yeah, I've had a few issues with USPS lately and their overnight shipping is never really "overnight". I sent off my background check with USPS priority express and was not impressed. FedEx seems like it will be the better option.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
ChellyCat said:
Hey Ivan, unfortunately the 11-13 week estimated time is accurate. Here's my timeline:

Prints received by FBI: April 20
Card charged: June 29
Report Received: July 15

Total wait time: 12 weeks

You're in for a long wait, my friend! :( I hope you sent your prints with tracking, that way you can phone their call centre every so often and they can tell you what timeline they're currently working on so you can expect how long you have to wait. Good luck!
Credit card finally got charged today for the FBI background check, so a little over 11 weeks from the time of receipt (est. August 10 - I was cheap and didn't use tracking, so don't know exactly, to today October 28). Guess I've got another 2 weeks to go...

Hope everyone's applications are progressing quickly!

Ivan

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
hey guys... hope everyone’s doing great... I am so sad, CIC is asking for additional documents for my husband as they are saying that my sister in law’s kids are his... I don’t understand how this happened when everything was indicated that they are the niece and nephews. sigh. I emailed them but they haven’t responded to me yet, what should I do?!