Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
mrpotatohead said:
Thanks for the response--

I am well aware that the statement of marriage is not a legal document (hence why I said I will "obviously" send when it arrives). My application was sent in May, through the common law track. We sent our application in May, and as stated are IN PROCESS. Obviously I know we are being processed in Ottawa.

It was mentioned in our original application letters that we are also engaged. The marriage was three days ago-- we have yet to receive any marriage certificate (again, probably not coming for three weeks). However, since it probably behooves us to inform them immediately, I have sent a copy of our unofficial document and some photos of the wedding via email. No names need to be changed, so it seems a copy will suffice.

In any case, I emailed them already and will wait for their response for further instruction.
I'm sure that will be just fine. Since you applied under common-law status, you have no burden to prove your marriage. You are just informing them of a change of status.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Sending the email and attaching what you do have was good - they want to know if the "family composition" has changed and yours has - congratulations!
And what Panamai said... :D

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Ineffable said:
I'm sure if we compared the vast number of sites with tips, we'd find a few contradictory tips. :p

I just hadn't heard it ever mentioned, so I figured I'd either made an egregious error, or that person was sorely misguided and steering everyone astray. It was a moment where you think, "Did I just do that wrong?!"

I did that for several weeks after submitting my application. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, wake up my spouse, and wonder if I'd forgotten XX.

Only in the last two months have I managed to sleep through the night without dreaming about the CIC.
Absolutely, there is a lot of contradicting information out there. However, I was referencing this video posted by CIC on Youtube. CIC states not to send documents that weren't requested at around 7:15 in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92dQnfXyAU

You can find this same video and transcript on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/complete-application/complete-application.asp

Host: “However, do not provide documents that we have not requested.”

The text “Do not send documents we have not requested” and an image of a red “X” appear to the right of the woman and desk. There is a swoosh sound effect and the sound of an “X” being marked. The text disappears.

currito

Feb 21, 2015
Hello all - I'm trying to understand what the last few steps are in the application process.

Does anyone know what the passport request process looks like for a US citizen + passport holder? Do they send in their original passport, a scan of their passport etc?

Or does this step not even exist for US citizen applicants and they just skip straight to the COPR mailing stage?

Thanks!

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
currito said:
Hello all - I'm trying to understand what the last few steps are in the application process.

Does anyone know what the passport request process looks like for a US citizen + passport holder? Do they send in their original passport, a scan of their passport etc?

Or does this step not even exist for US citizen applicants and they just skip straight to the COPR mailing stage?

Thanks!
Hey, Currito! As I understand it, US applicants are Passport Exempt. COPR will be mailed to us after DM. One less step for us!

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Be ready for anything...they may request your passport...its not likely but...We are fidning everything opposite of the CIC site...

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering whether the upfront medical means that you can do the medical before you even send in the entire application then simply attach the results to your application when it's time for sending? Or should the application be sent in before the medical is requested. I would think that upfront medical means completing it first, then attaching the results to the application. I know this may seem like a stupid question but any clarification would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Joyce

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Joyce_tosf said:
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering whether the upfront medical means that you can do the medical before you even send in the entire application then simply attach the results to your application when it's time for sending? Or should the application be sent in before the medical is requested. I would think that upfront medical means completing it first, then attaching the results to the application. I know this may seem like a stupid question but any clarification would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Joyce
Upfront does mean do medical and send the paper with your info on it with your application. Be sure to use a dr that is listed by CIC is approved for the area you are in. When you schedule your appointment make sure they file the results electronically directly to immigration. The paper they give you will have a bar code on it and when you mail it with your application it will be scanned and matched with your results. Take your passport to the dr so they can make a copy. .......and there are no stupid questions. I asked many questions here myself. :)

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 19-08-2015
Hey everyone, status changed to DM this morning! FINALLY! I'm a January 2015 applicant and we went to IP back in August. Hopefully a lot of you will see a change in your status too :)

canameraduo

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015 (but did not show that date/line until 06-08-2015
Interview........
IP: 06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Please be soon
missmegan said:
Hey everyone, status changed to DM this morning! FINALLY! I'm a January 2015 applicant and we went to IP back in August. Hopefully a lot of you will see a change in your status too :)
Congrats :) we have a similar timeline, IP in Aug, DM this week. I hope we get our COPR's soon!

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, Just received batch email asking for 'family composition change', proof of residence, RPRF, police certificate, CSQ, medical exam.

Medical was done in October 2014, so SHOULD we do another medical just to be on the safe side, or wait until cic asks for medical? I know they usually extend medical for couple of months for americans, so anyone with same experience?

Also, any thoughts on sending additional proof of residence?
They're giving us 45 days to submit, but does that actually mean it'll be process within 45 days?

Any advice is appreciated.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
Caribou said:
Hello, Just received batch email asking for 'family composition change', proof of residence, RPRF, police certificate, CSQ, medical exam.

Medical was done in October 2014, so SHOULD we do another medical just to be on the safe side, or wait until cic asks for medical? I know they usually extend medical for couple of months for americans, so anyone with same experience?

They're giving us 45 days to submit, but does that actually mean it'll be process within 45 days?

(From the sponsee, James' wife)

Hey I also sent my application in May 2015 and I received this EMail today, too. I wonder if this means it's just a batch EMail because I sent in my medical exam upfront and I also already paid the PR fee. The only thing I needed to send was my FBI report which I have with me (I was waiting for them to ask.) I'll be sending additional proof of residency just in case. I just recently moved so I can send them my new lease as proof. Anyone think this will suffice? They already have proof of my sponser's (husband) employment in Ontario where he works 5 days a week. I can't imagine they need much more proof of this as they already approved James as a sponser!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Caribou said:

Since they didn't specifically ask your for a new medical, I'm going to assume you're okay and don't need another one. They'd ask for that separately. You can email them with a case-specific inquiry, but there's a good change they extended the expiration date of your medical. As I understand it, unless your medical wasn't clean, they should extend it.

I got the same email today. I included my spouse's hydro bill, pay stub, letter of employment, and copy of the lease to prove residency. I'd imagine any of those things suffice.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ineffable said:
Since they didn't specifically ask your for a new medical, I'm going to assume you're okay and don't need another one. They'd ask for that separately. You can email them with a case-specific inquiry, but there's a good change they extended the expiration date of your medical. As I understand it, unless your medical wasn't clean, they should extend it.

I got the same email today. I included my spouse's hydro bill, pay stub, letter of employment, and copy of the lease to prove residency. I'd imagine any of those things suffice.
My GCMS is not gonna get here for another 3 weeks, so I just went ahead and made appointment for medical next months. I think emailing case specific inquiry sounds great.
I'm also waiting on new FBI letter in case they fuss about 3 mo expiry under old rule.
Medical wasn't 100% perfect, but doctor told me it really doesn't matter when it's sponsoring spouse unless it's like end stage renal or cancer issue.
does your spouse's lease have your name as well?
I included my spouse in lease agreement just in case, and I'm not sure if it's good idea or not since it's outland.

Come to think of it, ECAS already shows it's Medical Received... so I guess just wait until case specific inquiry email comes

To JamesinCanada:
I think it's just a batch email. it may be just that cic sends out those out once they grab our batch of files and start reviewing.

WDWgirl2011

Nov 4, 2014
Hello everyone! I got my COPR in the mail yesterday!!! (It was sent to my US address) I will be landing Sunday November 29th (I'm currently up in Canada with my husband and won't be going back to the states until November 21st, didn't think it would happen this quickly). I hope all of you hear something very soon.

Here's my timeline:

AOR: February 10th 2015
SA: April 10th
RPRF/Intent email: July 30th
IP: September 21st (eCAS said it went IP April 15th)
DM: October 13th
COPR: dated October 9th, received it in the mail October 22nd
Meds and FBI all done upfront