Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Ontariobat said:
I just called the call centre and they sent out paperwork today. She said congrats you were authorized for permanent residency! Woohoo! Thank you all for the bit of outlet of pent up frustration. I'll update on the rest of the process as it goes.
Congrats! That's awesome!! :)

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 19-08-2015
Hi everyone :)

I've posted a few times on here, and much like a lot of us, this process is by far the most frustrating thing ever. Especially if you have zero patience like myself. This forum however ,has been a godsend when it comes to having your questions answered or just to hear that people are finally getting their DM, makes me hopeful for ours! Although it's really hard to relate when people are giving their total backstory, not that they need to! But our application couldn't be any simpler. I'm born and raised a US citizen, my husband is a born and raised Canadian, no money troubles, criminal history or health problems, both have held substantial jobs and both have education in our backgrounds. He'll be starting is 2nd year of law school this September while I'll be working, pending that our PR app is accepted by them.

I guess my question is, what is taking so long!? Our application couldn't be an easier to approve. Does ours, like other "easy" applications end up in a huge pile with other easy ones? I can see why some applications are taking a long whether it's because there's immigration from other countries involved or whatever the issue is. And I'm not putting their situations down, I feel for everyone waiting!! But there's people getting approved when they applied in March?! Wtf. I get they can't tell us anything over the phone, because we've tried called anyways. I truly hope I'm not offending anyone with this post, I'm just wondering why a simple application that's so straight forward is taking so long. If anyone is or was in this same boat, please tell me I'm just impatient and it'll be over soon haha.

As always, I hope everyone receives good news about their own applications soon!!

Application received January 26, 2015
Sponsorship approval March 26, 2015
Medical results have been received

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
missmegan said:

I've posted a few times on here, and much like a lot of us, this process is by far the most frustrating thing ever. Especially if you have zero patience like myself. This forum however ,has been a godsend when it comes to having your questions answered or just to hear that people are finally getting their DM, makes me hopeful for ours! Although it's really hard to relate when people are giving their total backstory, not that they need to! But our application couldn't be any simpler. I'm born and raised a US citizen, my husband is a born and raised Canadian, no money troubles, criminal history or health problems, both have held substantial jobs and both have education in our backgrounds. He'll be starting is 2nd year of law school this September while I'll be working, pending that our PR app is accepted by them.

I guess my question is, what is taking so long!? Our application couldn't be an easier to approve. Does ours, like other "easy" applications end up in a huge pile with other easy ones? I can see why some applications are taking a long whether it's because there's immigration from other countries involved or whatever the issue is. And I'm not putting their situations down, I feel for everyone waiting!! But there's people getting approved when they applied in March?! Wtf. I get they can't tell us anything over the phone, because we've tried called anyways. I truly hope I'm not offending anyone with this post, I'm just wondering why a simple application that's so straight forward is taking so long. If anyone is or was in this same boat, please tell me I'm just impatient and it'll be over soon haha.

As always, I hope everyone receives good news about their own applications soon!!

I think we all wish we could answer that question.

I've been waiting since September and still no DM..

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
missmegan said:

I truly feel for you, I mean, my husband was one of the ones approved end of June with a March application, and I can say I have no idea why ours went that fast (there were some even faster apparently though I was one of the first to get AOR according to that March thread). Is there something we did better in the application? I have no idea at all. I really thought we were gonna have scary letters asking questions before any approval. Our history is clear of any criminality but we aren't ideal citizens with lots of money that is for sure. My husband is still in school and I am on disability. I didn't even check ecas once due to paranoia, and the COPR just showed up.

THe extra strange thing to me is the people who receive requests for the applicant's financial documentation. How good can your work experience be when you can't work in Canada? One of the major necessities of the PR is to be able to work here. "Why don't you have money ??" " I can't legally get a job" "Sorry we can't give you permission to get a job because you can't legally get a job".

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
[In Process: 03-07-2015 ; Decision Made: 14-07-2015 ; CoPR received 20-07-2015]
LANDED..........
28-07-2015! :) Lewiston, NY
Thanks Aquakitty! :)

Yeah I really have no idea why all these different times. I think we're seeing mostly Sept/Oct/Nov applicants being accepted right now. Even then, that's crazy fast considering their 16 month estimate for 80% of applications. I'd only really start questioning things after 8-9 months.

Has anyone seen an application take 19 months (with nothing wrong with the application...other than financials asked for I guess?). That catch-22 is pretty crazy. I understand why they want to prevent from people being accepted and jumping on social assistance though.

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 19-08-2015
Aquakitty and Ontariobat,

Crazy huh? The things we do for love I guess!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
missmegan said:

How CIC really works is a big mystery. But I'd say that for the standard application, 80-90% of the time is spent sitting in the queue to be looked at. Once it is looked at, it gets processed pretty quickly (assuming this is a solid application with no issues). So to answer your question - yes, standard application from US citizens are in the "fast-track" pile where they are (supposedly) looked at in some type of semi-sequential order. And it sits in this pile for most of the wait time. Some have been fortunate to have their applications processed in as little as 3-5 months. My wife got it in 7 months. Most application will get done by the 8-10 month timeframe. It has been just under 6 months since your application has been received so you application is still well within the "US fast-track" timeline. Hang in there, the end should be coming up soon.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
missmegan said:

I totally understand, Missmegan. I have a similar timeline to you, just 4 days later. I hope COPR comes soon! I really wanted to get into university for Fall 2016, but I need to take two online catch-up courses to get caught up to Ontario standards before I can apply. I can take them as a non-resident, but it costs $500 compared to the $40 per class fee for PRs and citizens! :eek: Not to mention all the debt I've incurred not being able to work. I've been in Canada and unemployed since December 2013! I'm so ready to move on with my life!

dbentley1313

Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Has anyone gone the route of going to an immigration office to "land"? I have an appointment at the end of July and according to their email I must show up with 2 photos (exactly like the ones we had to submit with the PR application). It seems a bit strange because when you cross the border to "land" you don't have to supply any more photos and there's one already on the COPR.

Just thought I'd ask...thanks!!

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
dbentley1313 said:
Has anyone gone the route of going to an immigration office to "land"? I have an appointment at the end of July and according to their email I must show up with 2 photos (exactly like the ones we had to submit with the PR application). It seems a bit strange because when you cross the border to "land" you don't have to supply any more photos and there's one already on the COPR.

Just thought I'd ask...thanks!!
I believe all Outland applications have to land officially. This entails going to the border. I'm not sure what the process is for Inland applicants. I was asked for more photos at one point. I always just sent double the amount they asked for in case someone screwed them up. Maybe the photos they're asking for will be for the PR card itself.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Ontariobat said:
I believe all Outland applications have to land officially. This entails going to the border. I'm not sure what the process is for Inland applicants. I was asked for more photos at one point. I always just sent double the amount they asked for in case someone screwed them up. Maybe the photos they're asking for will be for the PR card itself.
The info leaflet with the COPR gives you a couple choices to land as an outland applicant. You can actually land inland as an outland applicant by making an appointment at an inland immigration office. From what I've read the process is the same as just landing at the border, but to get an appointment can take 2 months.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you had experience with changing your mailing address? I'm going to assume the best way to do that is via ecas online.

Can someone who's done this confirm?

Thanks! ;D

Hollywood

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 21-09-2015 FT: 28-09-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 21-12-2015
LANDED..........
31-12-2015
Got our sponsorship application sent in on the 10JUN2015 and today we got the AOR for the application! Good luck and quick DM's for everyone who has an application in!

kkkJo

May 5, 2015
lleahdoll said:
I think we all wish we could answer that question.

I've been waiting since September and still no DM..
Just reading this thread for the first time in a while and we are amazed to see applicants in 2015 receiving their PR already! We applied in August 2014 and still no DM! Our application is very straightforward and the waiting is endless! We sent for our notes and have had our MP contact the office to no avail. We can only hope there is a reason for this madness :(

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Ineffable said:
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you had experience with changing your mailing address? I'm going to assume the best way to do that is via ecas online.

Can someone who's done this confirm?

Thanks! ;D
I had no problem changing addresses via ecas.

kkkJo said:
Just reading this thread for the first time in a while and we are amazed to see applicants in 2015 receiving their PR already! We applied in August 2014 and still no DM! Our application is very straightforward and the waiting is endless! We sent for our notes and have had our MP contact the office to no avail. We can only hope there is a reason for this madness :(
I know! I was flabbergasted when I saw that people were getting accepted in as little as 5-7 months. My application was fairly straightforward as well (they asked for financials which sounds kind of like an ambiguous request) but it took 19 months. I logged on after about 14-15 months and couldn't believe how fast most applications were being processed. The application date seems to not mean a whole lot.