Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
michminn said:
I received COPR today in the mail! :)
Congrats. michminn! So happy for you and your partner.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
VAtoBC said:
Congrats. michminn! So happy for you and your partner.
Thank you! Interesting, I thought I would be happier? I have waited for over a year now and I feel relief over happiness by a long stretch. I feel lucky to have been able to be with my wife through the process, some people are not so lucky!

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
michminn said:
Thank you! Interesting, I thought I would be happier? I have waited for over a year now and I feel relief over happiness by a long stretch. I feel lucky to have been able to be with my wife through the process, some people are not so lucky!
The relief part is likely quite normal, after waiting in suspense for so long. The happiness will follow, once you're finished with the Landing process. My spouse and I have been a couple for five years, but have had to live apart and wait until she can retire and claim full Social Security benefits, instead of losing 25% income for the rest of her life. First check just received! She also has Medicare, and can get care just across the line in Bellingham. So she will NEVER be a burden to Canadian taxpayers. It's been a long, arduous, and VERY expensive process for us. Wish the AirMiles we've racked up could actually be useful for something! Cheers, Linda

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
VAtoBC said:
After weeks of multiple attempts to get through to an agent at the Call Centre, I was just put through to a very helpful woman named Aurelie (Sp.?). She confirmed that 2 days ago, a note was made on our file that the copy of the FBI letter and Proof of Receipt from UPS had been received by multiple means. She also told me that there was a note on our file that the ORIGINAL had been received as of Feb. 20! (We had submitted Proof of Receipt of the original dated Jan. 23.) She said that if there was no further request for information, it was likely that CPC-Ottawa found the FBI information acceptable, and our application would continue to be processed. Finally some good news, we hope!
That is superb news, I'm so happy for you! ;D

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
VAtoBC said:
The relief part is likely quite normal, after waiting in suspense for so long. The happiness will follow, once you're finished with the Landing process. My spouse and I have been a couple for five years, but have had to live apart and wait until she can retire and claim full Social Security benefits, instead of losing 25% income for the rest of her life. First check just received! She also has Medicare, and can get care just across the line in Bellingham. So she will NEVER be a burden to Canadian taxpayers. It's been a long, arduous, and VERY expensive process for us. Wish the AirMiles we've racked up could actually be useful for something! Cheers, Linda
Oh wow! What a journey you two have had. That's nice of her to consider taxpayers feelings, I am not sure how retirement works as of yet. I am 35 and ready to get back out there just as soon as my SIN and card arrive. I am in IT and my last job was in high stress management, not being able to work has drove me nuts! My wife however is 57 and she will retire soon.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
VAtoBC said:
My spouse and I have been a couple for five years, but have had to live apart and wait until she can retire and claim full Social Security benefits, instead of losing 25% income for the rest of her life. First check just received! She also has Medicare, and can get care just across the line in Bellingham. So she will NEVER be a burden to Canadian taxpayers.
That is great news. Nothing worse than having no medical insurance! ... My husband and I were also apart 5 years. It is rough! The separation takes a huge emotional toll on you.

VAtoBC said:
Any word when the Toronto Star article will be published? Thank you for trying to get SOME attention paid to this issue, as clearly CIC is not interested in hearing from us, the Canadian citizens/taxpayers who are directly affected.
The Toronto Star contacted immigration (CIC) and the reporter told me that the person from media relations seemed nervous that the media was inquiring about my case.

Today The Star heard back and of course CIC claims they never received my proof of relationship (the 532 pages they lost) back in September and i said should provide them with a tracking number. I of course did that but now they look stupid because how can they say they didn't receive my proof in September if they received my application and it was all together IN THE SAME BOX lol. So the reporter is having a field day with this.

My husband's MP FINALLY called back. They said that as of June 10th my application is complete and nothing is missing. They have reviewed my FBI clearance and accepted it (the copy - which I knew). They have received my relationship proof (again of course for the 5th time lol) and it is pending review (about time)!So it is really close now!..

We found it ironic that as soon as the media got involved CIC got back to the MP and the MP called us.

michminn said:
I received COPR today in the mail! :)
YAYYAYAYYYYY Congrats Michminn wow that was quick, where do you live?

VAtoBC said:
After weeks of multiple attempts to get through to an agent at the Call Centre, I was just put through to a very helpful woman named Aurelie (Sp.?). She confirmed that 2 days ago, a note was made on our file that the copy of the FBI letter and Proof of Receipt from UPS had been received by multiple means. She also told me that there was a note on our file that the ORIGINAL had been received as of Feb. 20! (We had submitted Proof of Receipt of the original dated Jan. 23.) She said that if there was no further request for information, it was likely that CPC-Ottawa found the FBI information acceptable, and our application would continue to be processed. Finally some good news, we hope!
This is GREAT news!!!!

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
That is great news. Nothing worse than having no medical insurance! ... My husband and I were also apart 5 years. It is rough! The separation takes a huge emotional toll on you.

The Toronto Star contacted immigration (CIC) and the reporter told me that the person from media relations seemed nervous that the media was inquiring about my case.

Today The Star heard back and of course CIC claims they never received my proof of relationship (the 532 pages they lost) back in September and i said should provide them with a tracking number. I of course did that but now they look stupid because how can they say they didn't receive my proof in September if they received my application and it was all together IN THE SAME BOX lol. So the reporter is having a field day with this.

My husband's MP FINALLY called back. They said that as of June 10th my application is complete and nothing is missing. They have reviewed my FBI clearance and accepted it (the copy - which I knew). They have received my relationship proof (again of course for the 5th time lol) and it is pending review (about time)!So it is really close now!..

We found it ironic that as soon as the media got involved CIC got back to the MP and the MP called us.

YAYYAYAYYYYY Congrats Michminn wow that was quick, where do you live?

This is GREAT news!!!!
I live in BC, congrats Mariac!

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Mariac....I am with you, Ironic Yes!...I started to email everyone I could think of about my husbands case because the case notes indicated our case had not been touched since August of last year...then all of a sudden I got replies to my emails and a request for 2nd medical...The CIC site still says they received Application on April 9th, 2014 and thats it, hasn't changed since June of 2014...I am waiting for Friday of this week to see if anything changes and I will be requesting Case note for the 5th time, only got them three time cause someone for got to email me a request for more info, I did get a email saying sorry!...Not that the case notes help at all but it takes my attention away from the CIC site!!!...I am happy for you!!!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Sunset0505 said:
Mariac....I am with you, Ironic Yes!...I started to email everyone I could think of about my husbands case because the case notes indicated our case had not been touched since August of last year...then all of a sudden I got replies to my emails and a request for 2nd medical...The CIC site still says they received Application on April 9th, 2014 and thats it, hasn't changed since June of 2014...I am waiting for Friday of this week to see if anything changes and I will be requesting Case note for the 5th time, only got them three time cause someone for got to email me a request for more info, I did get a email saying sorry!...Not that the case notes help at all but it takes my attention away from the CIC site!!!...I am happy for you!!!
Oh wow Sunset I am so sorry that happened to you!!... I swear we have to be proactive with these applications or else we could get lost in the cracks. There is no reason for you to not have DM already!!!...

melgolchuk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I got an email today requesting a couple additional documents as well as RPRF not sure what all that means but it's the first contact I've had and I'm pretty excited about it.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
melgolchuk said:
I got an email today requesting a couple additional documents as well as RPRF not sure what all that means but it's the first contact I've had and I'm pretty excited about it.
It means that they've looked at your file, which is good. Asking you to pay the RPRF is also good, as it tends to mean that they do not see any "red flags" that would warrant rejection.

Obviously, you should submit the documents and RPRF with all deliberate speed.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Mariac819 said:
Oh wow Sunset I am so sorry that happened to you!!... I swear we have to be proactive with these applications or else we could get lost in the cracks. There is no reason for you to not have DM already!!!...
I agree 1000% - we should have had SA a month ago but we are still waiting. Last called on Monday and will call again on next Monday if there's no movement. It will be call #4. First one the person said they would send an email, but according to the agent I spoke with they sent the inquiry to the wrong office, then on the next Monday the first agent was completely rude to my wife, saying she shouldn't be calling again and to wait three months before calling again...she never even asked for her name or client ID. Then I called and got a nice woman who explained what happened the first time and said she would inquire with Mississauga. I'm getting frustrated for sure...

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
We landed yesterday at the Douglas PoE (Peace Arch). I was so nervous, I always am when I cross the border. But they were very friendly.

We rolled up, told them we were landing, and after asking us if we had tobacco, guns etc they had us pull over to the side. When we got up to the counter I explained I had my COPR. He asked about my car and if I was importing it. I said later, as I had only just gotten my title from back home in Oregon. He wasn't bothered by this at all and said I could start the process now, but it didn't matter I could wait. I had pre-filled out my B4's and they only glanced at em. My B4's were extremely vague and in huge groups (Clothes and Costume Jewelry; Household, Decorations, and Art; Computer parts and video games; etc...) but they didn't bat an eye. I did write the serial # for my Viola and my DSLR camera. I didn't bother putting my wedding ring on there and he said it was fine.

They had us go sit down and read some stuff about my PR. Then they called us up, said "welcome! You're officially a permanent resident!" and handed me this freaking cute lil flag on a stick hahahaha. He didn't even read my b4 i don't think. Lol. Just stamped it. They didn't care about it at all. He spent the most time explaining the ins and outs of maintaining permanent residency. how to get my SIN #. And sent us on our way !!!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Amalthea said:
We landed yesterday at the Douglas PoE (Peace Arch). I was so nervous, I always am when I cross the border. But they were very friendly.
Congratulations! I've updated your row in the Ottawa spreadsheet, since I may as well do something useful with my time.

Out of curiosity, did your ECAS have a delay between "In Process" and DM? I'm in that limbo right now, and gnawing my arm off at the shoulder does not seem like a productive activity.