23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
VAtoBC said:
Thanks VAtoBC, we're NJ to BC ;) When the report comes in, maybe to speed up the process you can scan and email it to Ottawa, with an email explaining the original report is coming in the mail too. Cover all the bases and maybe they'll jump right on it, like they did with MichMinn. Best of luck, I hope all the Aug, Sept, Oct applicants get their files completed ASAP.

We sent a scanned copy of the original FBI report, along with Proof of Receipt from UPS showing that CPC-Ottawa had received it on January 23, via email, FAX and hard copy courier. Of course, we just got an automated reply to the email, saying that they MAY get back to us in 20 days - this Thursday. We have Proof of Receipt for the hard copy, dated June 1. Hoping they'll acknowledge that it appears we submitted the original, as they did in Maria's case. If not, that adds another 4-5 months to get a new FBI report, and means we can't make the move to Canada until next Spring. We'll be driving 3000 miles with 2 small animals in a small car, and won't risk driving in snow through the mountains. Then there's the expense of continuing to maintain two separate residences, and the $300.00 per month cost of travel medical insurance for me while I visit in the USA. All because of some stupid clerical error on the part of CIC staff. My spouse was born and raised in NJ (Bergen County), her family still lives there, and we visit them several times a year. Small world, except for the damn borders! So happy for you and yours. Cheers, Linda
If you submit a request through an FBI-Approved Channeler you can get the report in as little as 48 hours. It's a little more expensive (usually around $50) but well worth it, especially in your case.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
VAtoBC said:
October 2014 Outland apps are getting COPRs from Beijing, Warsaw, Sydney offices. WTF is the matter with CPC-Ottawa??? Are they really that much less efficent/less competent than staff in other visa offices? Or are we suddenly worried about marriage fraud and terrorism from our American cousins? If so, the managers should be fired! Still waiting on the magical 20th day, when CPC-Ottawa MAY condescend to reply to our submission of proof that they had already received my spouse's FBI check.The lack of responsiveness, accountability and transparency to Canadian citizens/taxpayers on the part of CIC is appalling.
AMEN!!!!...

They are incompetent!!!.. What they have put me through is too long to type out right now but lets just say. Ottawa owes me their first born child at the rate they are going.!!! ... They have their heads up their bum bum

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
missmegan said:
Hi everyone! According to everyone's timeline, we should be receiving DM this week hopefully! Quick question(s) on if anyone knows what exactly gets sent to you in the mail once you get COPR? I'm returning to Canada in two weeks and I'm curious if my parents can mail it out there to me and if I have to re-enter the country once I get the PR card. Hopefully I won't have to sit around too long before being able to get a job. If anyone knows the answers to my questions, let me know. I'd appreciate it!! :)

Application received 1/26/15

AOR 3/23/15

SA 3/26/15

DM hopefully soon!
I hope you know that there are still people in Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec waiting.

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
deweysmith said:
If you submit a request through an FBI-Approved Channeler you can get the report in as little as 48 hours. It's a little more expensive (usually around $50) but well worth it, especially in your case.
The email my spouse received requesting ANOTHER FBI check specifically states that they will NOT accept the document from a channeler.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Man...you guys who applied in 2015...not fair...I am VA to BC( home) too but I am April 2014 Outland and on June 1st 2015 we got the first hint that they touched our case for the first item since August 2014 and requested more medical...when My hubby got to the Dr that just wanted a chest X-ray ...so we wait... :D

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Sunset0505 said:
Man...you guys who applied in 2015...not fair...I am VA to BC( home) too but I am April 2014 Outland and on June 1st 2015 we got the first hint that they touched our case for the first item since August 2014 and requested more medical...when My hubby got to the Dr that just wanted a chest X-ray ...so we wait... :D
At least that's good news. The current guidance suggests that they will only ask for a re-medical if that's the only thing blocking an application.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
VAtoBC said:
The email my spouse received requesting ANOTHER FBI check specifically states that they will NOT accept the document from a channeler.
Did you apply for and submit that channeler report between Jan 19 and March 9th?

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
saria1 said:
Did you apply for and submit that channeler report between Jan 19 and March 9th?
We applied for the FBI certificate directly in August 2014, received it mid-November, and sent the original by courier to CPC-Ottawa after they confirmed SA and file transfer there in January. Here's the quote from the email we received on May 29: "CIC does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted." Then they tell us processing times are 16-18 weeks, then that the certificate must be provided within 90 days. Makes about as much sense as any other CIC processing procedures.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
VAtoBC said:
We applied for the FBI certificate directly in August 2014, received it mid-November, and sent the original by courier to CPC-Ottawa after they confirmed SA and file transfer there in January. Here's the quote from the email we received on May 29: "CIC does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted." Then they tell us processing times are 16-18 weeks, then that the certificate must be provided within 90 days. Makes about as much sense as any other CIC processing procedures.
They are trying to claim, a non channeler report is a channeler report? If thats the case, can your spouse call the MP? I don't know where he is in BC, but I know the MP in Chilliwack was helpful looking into our application. Also, submit an email to the Minister of Immigration. Last year he got back to me, this year he didn't respond. But it never hurts to have multiple avenues of inquiries coming into Ottawa on your behalf.

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
saria1 said:
They are trying to claim, a non channeler report is a channeler report? If thats the case, can your spouse call the MP? I don't know where he is in BC, but I know the MP in Chilliwack was helpful looking into our application. Also, submit an email to the Minister of Immigration. Last year he got back to me, this year he didn't respond. But it never hurts to have multiple avenues of inquiries coming into Ottawa on your behalf.
No, I think they just LOST the original report that we received direct from the FBI and are asking for another one. The wording about "channelers" is likely just part of the form letter. No point contacting my MP -- he's a right-wing fundamentalist Christian, unlikely to be supportive of a same-sex couple. Plus, he's a lame duck, not running in the next election, just waiting to claim his fat pension. Parliament is about to go into recess, pending the election in October, which cannot come soon enough, as far as THIS Canadian voter is concerned!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
VAtoBC said:
No, I think they just LOST the original report that we received direct from the FBI and are asking for another one. The wording about "channelers" is likely just part of the form letter. No point contacting my MP -- he's a right-wing fundamentalist Christian, unlikely to be supportive of a same-sex couple. Plus, he's a lame duck, not running in the next election, just waiting to claim his fat pension. Parliament is about to go into recess, pending the election in October, which cannot come soon enough, as far as THIS Canadian voter is concerned!
I'm so sorry... Ottawa lost MariaC's FBI report. It's really screwed up that even in situations like this they won't allow a channeler report, one who sends the report on tamper proof paper, which is eligible for a State Dept apostille. It seems to me there was someone in Mississauga opening files and losing quite a bit of documents near the end of last year. It's not acceptable.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
VAtoBC said:
They lost my original report. I sent them a scanned copy i had saved of the original along with a very strongly worded email telling them that I submitted it in September with my entire application. I told them exactly where it was in my file when i mailed it out and urged them to LOOK for it or accept my copy. They emailed me back saying they would accept the copy "since it appears I have already submitted the original."

Then they asked for relationship proof. I had already submitted 532 pages of proof. They lost that too!.. They are a mess over there. I have been going back and forth with them since May 6th trying to get this fixed.

Confused987

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
OMG! Sorry Mariac819. What is Ottawa doing? I was on this blog last week and remember someone mentioning The Toronto Star was suppose to have a story on the delays caused by the Ottawa office. If anyone has the link, please post it. When I sent my application I was confident that I would have my PR within 6 to 8 months. Like many I will have two options, be apart from my wife and son or stay in Toronto and not support my wife and son.

This process is getting stressful.

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Mariac819 said:
They lost my original report. I sent them a scanned copy i had saved of the original along with a very strongly worded email telling them that I submitted it in September with my entire application. I told them exactly where it was in my file when i mailed it out and urged them to LOOK for it or accept my copy. They emailed me back saying they would accept the copy "since it appears I have already submitted the original."

Then they asked for relationship proof. I had already submitted 532 pages of proof. They lost that too!.. They are a mess over there. I have been going back and forth with them since May 6th trying to get this fixed.
My sympathies, Maria. You mentioned previously that you'd had a response to your submission of a copy of the FBI report ABOUT three weeks later. We were hoping to hear something back by tomorrow about our submission of a copy, but my spouse just re-read the email she received and it said we'd get a response within 20 WORKING days, meaning by the end of NEXT week. How is it possible that it can take these people a month to respond to a document submission??? Do they just put our files in a storeroom somewhere until their 4-week time frame comes round again and the file gets put back on the assembly line? We Canadians are just too damn complacent when it comes to our government agencies screwing us over. Any word when the Toronto Star article will be published? Thank you for trying to get SOME attention paid to this issue, as clearly CIC is not interested in hearing from us, the Canadian citizens/taxpayers who are directly affected.

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
After weeks of multiple attempts to get through to an agent at the Call Centre, I was just put through to a very helpful woman named Aurelie (Sp.?). She confirmed that 2 days ago, a note was made on our file that the copy of the FBI letter and Proof of Receipt from UPS had been received by multiple means. She also told me that there was a note on our file that the ORIGINAL had been received as of Feb. 20! (We had submitted Proof of Receipt of the original dated Jan. 23.) She said that if there was no further request for information, it was likely that CPC-Ottawa found the FBI information acceptable, and our application would continue to be processed. Finally some good news, we hope!