None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Amalthea said:
Mulez do you not have DM yet? Ugh they need to finish up September folks right quick! Thinking of you all!!

CONGRATS SARIA!!! ^__^

Leaving Canada this morning! Landing on Thursday.

Found this link yesterday, a company that will process your car through AESDirect and obtain an ITN# for you for $35. Not bad honestly. If studying the material and taking the test isn't your speed. I may just do this, $35 isn't bad at all!!! http://simplifiedtradesolutions.com/get-an-aes-itn/vehicles-to-canada/

However, I will be putting my car on my goods to follow. My title is in the states, so I can't export it before landing, if that makes sense.

Good luck friends! Hang in there!
Thanks Amalthea and Mulez!

I was looking at the site last night, and if you know the VIN you can use that to export. They'll issue you the ITN 72 hrs later and then I think thats when you'll need the title so it can be stamped. I need to look at it when I have more time. I'll be using them, it's worth the money to save the headache!

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
I just received DM in ecas this morning. The last line says:

4. A decision has been made on Michelle xxxxxx's application. The office will contact Michelle concerning this decision.

Has anyone else received this message as a GOOD sing? I thought it would say "Approved/Denied" in ecas? If so, and is approved; how long before you get something in the mail, and I was never asked for my visa? I am American, just worried.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
michminn, don't forget to edit your name out from the second sentence of your DM notice. ;)

Congratulations!

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
michminn said:

4. A decision has been made on Michelle xxxxxx's application. The office will contact Michelle concerning this decision.

Has anyone else received this message as a GOOD sing? I thought it would say "Approved/Denied" in ecas? If so, and is approved; how long before you get something in the mail, and I was never asked for my visa? I am American, just worried.
It's a good thing Michelle and they won't ask for your visa.. The CBSA will stamp your passport when you land and write PR in it.. You won't get any other mail with your DM so don't worry, it's happy dance time! 8) Our COPR arrived in the mailbox 8 days after DM..

Congrats!

PS. You may want to edit your name out? I edited it out in my quote of your statement already.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Congrats Michminn!!!! YAY, a Sept applicant who was completed!

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
No not yet! thanks for asking Amalthea. Still waiting after we send the requested documents in May!
I really hope it will happen soon.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
michminn said:

This is a good thing. Because of policy and privacy regulations, CIC does not want to make the details of the process available online, especially in advance of more detailed instructions from the visa office.

However, we know that visa offices do not usually reject applications out-of-hand without first requesting documents, additional information, and/or an interview. There may be exceptions for security-related rejections (that is, they think an applicant is a terrorist) since those would be classified, but that's exceptionally unlikely to apply to an ordinary applicant.

Therefore, seeing "decision made" on ECAS without having already received requests for information is a good sign, suggesting that the application is approved and the "will contact" means the COPR is in the mail (or passports are requested for a visa).

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
Congrats on all who've gotten DM! It seems like they're pushing all the 2014 applications to DM now, which is a great thing! Push 'em all to Canada and get to 2015 already. :p Happy Tuesday!

king_rupert

Jun 16, 2015
Going to sponsor my wife who is in Quebec with me and our son (Canadian citizenship through descent) on a tourist visa at the moment. Very grateful for all of the information on the site!

She was already sponsored by me for a family work visa in the UK (I am dual citizen) when we lived there and this process is so much more difficult, lengthy, and the wait time is ridiculous. UK outland (NY office) took two weeks for decision from submission to visa approval!

Fingers crossed we can get the PRC by next summer...

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
saria1 said:
Happy to say I'm an Oct applicant and eCAS changed to DM today.

Congratulations, Saria! This is good news for all of us October applicants. Thanks for all your support.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
king_rupert said:
Going to sponsor my wife who is in Quebec with me and our son (Canadian citizenship through descent) on a tourist visa at the moment. Very grateful for all of the information on the site!

She was already sponsored by me for a family work visa in the UK (I am dual citizen) when we lived there and this process is so much more difficult, lengthy, and the wait time is ridiculous. UK outland (NY office) took two weeks for decision from submission to visa approval!

Goodluck! We're ALL here to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
king_rupert said:

Good luck! You've found a great group that offers so much help. It's a long road, and the last 2/3 is when many (me included) lose patience with the process. I hear from my dad that when he sponsored my mom, it was a simple few pieces of paper at the border and she was issued a work permit and we were all on merry little way. Oh how times have changed!

VAtoBC said:
saria1 said:
Happy to say I'm an Oct applicant and eCAS changed to DM today.

Congratulations, Saria! This is good news for all of us October applicants. Thanks for all your support.

Thanks VAtoBC, we're NJ to BC ;) When the report comes in, maybe to speed up the process you can scan and email it to Ottawa, with an email explaining the original report is coming in the mail too. Cover all the bases and maybe they'll jump right on it, like they did with MichMinn. Best of luck, I hope all the Aug, Sept, Oct applicants get their files completed ASAP.

king_rupert

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks saria1 and michminn! I was hoping my employer would do this legwork, but they don't do dependants anymore. I am guessing it is because the process changes so much and is now quite complicated.

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Thanks VAtoBC, we're NJ to BC ;) When the report comes in, maybe to speed up the process you can scan and email it to Ottawa, with an email explaining the original report is coming in the mail too. Cover all the bases and maybe they'll jump right on it, like they did with MichMinn. Best of luck, I hope all the Aug, Sept, Oct applicants get their files completed ASAP.
[/quote]

We sent a scanned copy of the original FBI report, along with Proof of Receipt from UPS showing that CPC-Ottawa had received it on January 23, via email, FAX and hard copy courier. Of course, we just got an automated reply to the email, saying that they MAY get back to us in 20 days - this Thursday. We have Proof of Receipt for the hard copy, dated June 1. Hoping they'll acknowledge that it appears we submitted the original, as they did in Maria's case. If not, that adds another 4-5 months to get a new FBI report, and means we can't make the move to Canada until next Spring. We'll be driving 3000 miles with 2 small animals in a small car, and won't risk driving in snow through the mountains. Then there's the expense of continuing to maintain two separate residences, and the $300.00 per month cost of travel medical insurance for me while I visit in the USA. All because of some stupid clerical error on the part of CIC staff. My spouse was born and raised in NJ (Bergen County), her family still lives there, and we visit them several times a year. Small world, except for the damn borders! So happy for you and yours. Cheers, Linda

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Mulez said:
No not yet! thanks for asking Amalthea. Still waiting after we send the requested documents in May!
I really hope it will happen soon.
So sorry Mulez :( ... It seems like they forgot about us!