+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

Confused987

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Just read on March 2015 outland forum that Ottawa stage 2 has gone from 15 to 16 months.

What in the world are they doing? Ottawa is the CAPITAL of Canada right? You think they would have things in order.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Confused987 said:
Just read on March 2015 outland forum that Ottawa stage 2 has gone from 15 to 16 months.

What in the world are they doing? Ottawa is the CAPITAL of Canada right? You think they would have things in order.
They're focused on the Express Entry program, 6 months or less.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
CharisseyB said:
Why did they have a time limit for my husband when this is supposed to be expiring in a year isn't that correct?
They always give a time limit if they ask for additional documents or information, but don't get too worried. As long as you write back to them with an explanation of the reason for the delay, it should be fine. They asked us for a medical and some other items last June, giving a deadline of August but we weren't able to get them everything by then. They sent another request for the remaining items, in September, I think, with a November deadline. We finally did get them all the items after sending another explanation for further delays and the application eventually got approved.

They are always threatening that they may just cancel everything, but they are very unlikely to do that unless they deem your application to be "abandoned." They'd like to get the documents, but an explanation will at least tell them that your application is not abandoned.

kawai103

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question about the FBI background check again. So I mailed out my application via USPS. Instead of delivering, the status says available to pick up since this Monday. Then I called the FBI, they say they go pick it up twice a day and I should be fine, probably the post office didn't scan to update. But I'm so worried because I still have no proof it was already picked up.

Did anyone have the same problem?
Or anyone have the Clarksburg post office number? (The 304-623-7700 doesn't work)

Thanks in advance!

tom_from_sk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi Amalthea and Ponga (and others currently awaiting their PR)

I am getting married in a few weeks and hoping to submit my fiance's PR application in August.

Where do you get the most up to date information on members processing times and developments? I am hoping the process speeds up like it did last year. I have been looking at this thread for a couple weeks and wondered if there are others I should be following. It doesn't look like there has been a lot of movement (or people entering data) on the Ottawa spreadsheet lately.

Thanks!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
kawai103 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question about the FBI background check again. So I mailed out my application via USPS. Instead of delivering, the status says available to pick up since this Monday. Then I called the FBI, they say they go pick it up twice a day and I should be fine, probably the post office didn't scan to update. But I'm so worried because I still have no proof it was already picked up.

Or anyone have the Clarksburg post office number? (The 304-623-7700 doesn't work)

Thanks in advance!
The number is 304-625-5590

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
tom_from_sk said:
Hi Amalthea and Ponga (and others currently awaiting their PR)

I am getting married in a few weeks and hoping to submit my fiance's PR application in August.

Where do you get the most up to date information on members processing times and developments? I am hoping the process speeds up like it did last year. I have been looking at this thread for a couple weeks and wondered if there are others I should be following. It doesn't look like there has been a lot of movement (or people entering data) on the Ottawa spreadsheet lately.

Thanks!
Hey Tom, it's taking about 8-10 months on average right now. Personally I've been waiting a little over 8 mos. Ottawa is always in flux, it could speed up in the summer as it did last year. We can only hope! These threads are a good place to keep track of the timelines. I pretty much follow this thread, the Ottawa thread, and the September Outland 2014 thread.

We are wishing you all the best! Keep in mind that FBI checks are taking quite a ways now! 14-16 weeks I last heard, so be sure to apply for that ahead of time. PCC are now valid for 6 mos before they need to be in CIC's hands:)

tom_from_sk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Thank you Amalthea.

We sent off the FBI form 3 weeks ago and are hoping to get it in August (what we are waiting for to submit).

Thank you for the information! So you suggest following:

1) US Outland thread
2) Ottawa thread?
3) the month we apply thread

Correct?

Thanks a lot for your response and reply!

kawai103

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
saria1 said:
The number is 304-625-5590
Thanks for the reply. But I need the USPS number, not the FBI. Coz the FBI didn't want to help me find if they picked up the package yet. So I think I should call the post office to see if it's still in the post office.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
kawai103 said:
Thanks for the reply. But I need the USPS number, not the FBI. Coz the FBI didn't want to help me find if they picked up the package yet. So I think I should call the post office to see if it's still in the post office.
They'll tell you if the mail in general has been picked up, but not your specific piece of mail. I really wouldn't worry about it. If you can tell it made it to the PO Box to be picked up, it really should be fine.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
mandy_28115 said:
Yea well how the hell would you know the operations of DC. I can tell you right now that it moves a hell of a lot faster than Canada. I don't give a crap about your opinion of reality or other situation and you seriously shouldn't compare US to Canada because people on these threads are not trying to move to the states and their problems are with the CANADIAN IMMIGRATION SYSTEM not USA. So why even bring it up.

IF YOU LACK EMPATHY for people in various situations that cause family dynamic strain and other states of frustration then don't interject more negativity.

GO USA!
Not that I really want to jump into this lovely conversation ... :eek:

But look how well the FBI handled the police clearance situation. Let's face it, regardless of the location of where a particular office or government agency is located, the issue is budgets and priorities. As painful as it is for all of us, how long it takes immigration to process paperwork is all a function of how many people they have the budget to hire and what kind of priority a government is willing to place on it. We are low on that list, and always likely to be that way.

mandy_28115

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 13 2014
AOR Received.
September 26,2014
File Transfer...
November5, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2014
LANDED..........
May 24, 2015
rugrat907 said:
Not that I really want to jump into this lovely conversation ... :eek:

But look how well the FBI handled the police clearance situation. Let's face it, regardless of the location of where a particular office or government agency is located, the issue is budgets and priorities. As painful as it is for all of us, how long it takes immigration to process paperwork is all a function of how many people they have the budget to hire and what kind of priority a government is willing to place on it. We are low on that list, and always likely to be that way.
Ha Jumped in indeed. Haha :) Anyway its all inconvenient and can be brutal on the lives of all parties involved and I don't see any posts from any country saying come on down we can process you in no time..(In my price is right voice) I just don't think pointing out don't get all bent out of shape to people isn't the angle of the forum. That comment wasn't even to me and I found it the least helpful. I don't know about everyone else but this process has been extremely difficult due to many reasons. I think everyone deserves clarity and help from one another not make things harder.

Anyway I didn't have a hard time getting my clearance and even when I was in the service a security clearance takes time and I appreciate the depth for National Security Purposes. Look at this crazy world :-X

mandy_28115

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 13 2014
AOR Received.
September 26,2014
File Transfer...
November5, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2014
LANDED..........
May 24, 2015
Currently working on the export and import process for my car... :eek: I will say that I did not use a broker because you can do everything yourself and the US customs guy told me some really charge a lot of money. The AES direct people are SUPER nice and helpful. Just waiting for the title to be mailed to me then I will get to the border.

I am looking to land this weekend because I really need to start the process for my SIN card and Health card. I had a job interview today and a job offer! Yay!

I have found several links to be helpful for a resource to car process.
http://blog.pcb.ca/2013/08/9-steps-to-importing-a-vehicle-into-canada-from-the-u-s/5134http://
www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html#s7

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
kawai103 said:
Oops, sorry. I would help if I had completely read it. Are you in the USA? If so, it might be better just to walk into the post office and speak with them face to face.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
kawai103 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Last time I spoke to USPS about an international package they were super helpful. Have you tried calling the general/call centre USPS phone #?