waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Rorosgurl said:
So the COPR would go to the lawyer's address? Or my husband's address? I am confused. When I check the status with the application number it shows the lawyer's address but if I check it with my husband's UCI it shows my husband's address. Can someone help me please.
is your husband the sponsor or the applicant? if he's the sponsor, his side will show his contact information because he doesn't need to appoint a representative. if the applicant appointed a representative (ie your attorney), then all communication for the applicant will go there i believe.

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
Rorosgurl said:
So the COPR would go to the lawyer's address? Or my husband's address? I am confused. When I check the status with the application number it shows the lawyer's address but if I check it with my husband's UCI it shows my husband's address. Can someone help me please.
We just got word from our lawyer today that they sent off bio-page of PP and that my wife (the applicant) will be getting COPR in the mail directly to her current US address:)

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
is your husband the sponsor or the applicant? if he's the sponsor, his side will show his contact information because he doesn't need to appoint a representative. if the applicant appointed a representative (ie your attorney), then all communication for the applicant will go there i believe.
My husband is the sponsor it shows his home address when I check with his UCI. I am the applicant and when I check with my UCI or application # it shows the lawyer's address on both of them. And the problem now the lawyer changed his address and never updated with them. I am burning up now I swear.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Jojo66 said:
We just got word from our lawyer today that they sent off bio-page of PP and that my wife (the applicant) will be getting COPR in the mail directly to her current US address:)
So when she checks her status it shows her US address? Or the lawyer just made the changes?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Rorosgurl said:
My husband is the sponsor it shows his home address when I check with his UCI. I am the applicant and when I check with my UCI or application # it shows the lawyer's address on both of them. And the problem now the lawyer changed his address and never updated with them. I am burning up now I swear.
*perhaps* when the attorney receives the request, they are also able to give CIC a mailing address for the delivery of COPR? What does your attorney say about where it will go?

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
Rorosgurl said:
So when she checks her status it shows her US address? Or the lawyer just made the changes?
Here is the email from our lawyer:)

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your email. This is to confirm that the passport bio-data page has been forwarded to the CPC-O. It should take approximately 3 – 4 weeks for the visa office to process and issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents (CoPR). We have advised their office that these documents can be forwarded directly to your address, as indicated below, to minimize delays. Please be sure to let us know as soon as you receive these documents so as we may provide you with further instructions you will need at that point.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
*perhaps* when the attorney receives the request, they are also able to give CIC a mailing address for the delivery of COPR? What does your attorney say about where it will go?
Your saying when my attorney receives the request. A request of what? My attorney is huge dumb bag. I tell him what to do and how to do it with the help of you guys. All of you guys know much more than his dumb witty moronic self. Ahhhh I am so mad at him now.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Jojo66 said:
Here is the email from our lawyer:)

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your email. This is to confirm that the passport bio-data page has been forwarded to the CPC-O. It should take approximately 3 – 4 weeks for the visa office to process and issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents (CoPR). We have advised their office that these documents can be forwarded directly to your address, as indicated below, to minimize delays. Please be sure to let us know as soon as you receive these documents so as we may provide you with further instructions you will need at that point.
I wish I had your lawyer. I just texted the dimwit updating him with what I have found out so far and he replied back saying sounds good. I dont know if I should laugh or cry now. Pregnancy hormones are messing me up.

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
Rorosgurl said:
I wish I had your lawyer. I just texted the dimwit updating him with what I have found out so far and he replied back saying sounds good. I dont know if I should laugh or cry now. Pregnancy hormones are messing me up.
Awww:( Hang in there gurl, u have some info now just keep updating him and things will be fine

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Hey all, just sharing that I got an email today requesting my RPRF and copy of my passport! Ottawa is starting to perk up!

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
Hey all, just sharing that I got an email today requesting my RPRF and copy of my passport! Ottawa is starting to perk up!
Yay, xmas with the one u love!

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
Congratulations!!!

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My bf is Canadian and I am from the US. We are hesitating between doing a common law sponsorship or just getting married to maybe ease the process of immigrating.
We have been together for 7 years, but ideally we would have waited for things to stabilize in both our families (other siblings need to get married first), and we did want to be more financially capable to pay for the wedding.

But since we never worried about aquiring proof of our living together (i am a flight attendant in the US and my mailing address and bank have always been in my home city, plus I enter and exit Canada often). So essentially, we would only be able to aquire official proof for the next 12 months. I will put my name on the lease, have my mail arrive in canada, and have a joint bank account.

But I wonder if getting married would avoid trouble down the line during the immigration process?
Can anyone testify of their experience with outland immigration as married couple or common law?

Thank you!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Clothilde said:
My bf is Canadian and I am from the US. We are hesitating between doing a common law sponsorship or just getting married to maybe ease the process of immigrating.
We have been together for 7 years, but ideally we would have waited for things to stabilize in both our families (other siblings need to get married first), and we did want to be more financially capable to pay for the wedding.

But since we never worried about aquiring proof of our living together (i am a flight attendant in the US and my mailing address and bank have always been in my home city, plus I enter and exit Canada often). So essentially, we would only be able to aquire official proof for the next 12 months. I will put my name on the lease, have my mail arrive in canada, and have a joint bank account.

But I wonder if getting married would avoid trouble down the line during the immigration process?
Can anyone testify of their experience with outland immigration as married couple or common law?

Thank you!
i think it depends on how important it is right now in your life to start laying down roots with your bf. if what you are doing now works for you and you can wait more than a year, then go for commonlaw. If you want to make a change sooner, then get married. We applied in march, transfered to the visa office in may, and just got a request from them yesterday. So Ottawa is processing a bit quicker right now. Current applicants are landing in 5-6 months!

A civil ceremony is perfectly acceptable. CIC isn't looking for how much you spent. They are looking for legitimacy, So invite family and close friends. Our ceremony had 22 guests, and a lovely dinner afterwards. I didn't break the bank on budget, though i did allow myself a little glamour and glitz. :)

Since you have been in an ongoing relationship for 7 years, my guess is you'll be able to prove your relationship is real and ongoing, and that it is known to your family/friends. I think what it really comes down to is how long are you ok with waiting to legally live/work in canada?

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
i think it depends on how important it is right now in your life to start laying down roots with your bf. if what you are doing now works for you and you can wait more than a year, then go for commonlaw. If you want to make a change sooner, then get married. We applied in march, transfered to the visa office in may, and just got a request from them yesterday. So Ottawa is processing a bit quicker right now. Current applicants are landing in 5-6 months!

A civil ceremony is perfectly acceptable. CIC isn't looking for how much you spent. They are looking for legitimacy, So invite family and close friends. Our ceremony had 22 guests, and a lovely dinner afterwards. I didn't break the bank on budget, though i did allow myself a little glamour and glitz. :)

Since you have been in an ongoing relationship for 7 years, my guess is you'll be able to prove your relationship is real and ongoing, and that it is known to your family/friends. I think what it really comes down to is how long are you ok with waiting to legally live/work in canada?
Only 5-6 months!! That's a motivational right there! The thing is that I was willing to wait the 1.5 year as Common Law sponsoree, as long as I can study on student permit during the waiting period. But to make matters even more complicated- CIC changed its student permit laws as of June 2014, to restrict international students to study only in Designated Institutes. And of course I wanted to study Nutrition in a school that did not make that list.

That is why I am starting to feel like waiting less (i.e. Getting married) can be more efficient for settling down in Canada and building a career here.

But the application itself ( and how quickly it is processed) is the same whether we are common law or married?

Thank you!