Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jojo66 said:
We received request for PP today, just thought Id let you all know who are waiting, processing started for her in march 2014, now what?
Usually the COPR issues within 1-2 months of your responding.

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
Thanks for responding computergeek:)

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Hi everyone! So happy to visit their website few minutes ago and it's said DM:)

Received application: Dec 18, 2013
Meds done upfront July 2, 2013
Transfer application to Ottawa: Feb 5, 2014
Decision Made: July 14,2014

I processes my application thru a lawyer, but does anyone know what's next after DM? How long will it take to receive the package?
Thank you:)

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
Mramajohn said:
Hi everyone! So happy to visit their website few minutes ago and it's said DM:)

Received application: Dec 18, 2013
Meds done upfront July 2, 2013
Transfer application to Ottawa: Feb 5, 2014
Decision Made: July 14,2014

I processes my application thru a lawyer, but does anyone know what's next after DM? How long will it take to receive the package?
Thank you:)
Congrats! I think a few comments up said 1-2 months. I seen a few weeks!

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Jojo66 said:
Congrats! I think a few comments up said 1-2 months. I seen a few weeks!
Hi jojo66,
Did u get a DM too? I'm confused coz they did not ask for passport request.
Your processing is quite fast:)

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
Mramajohn said:
Hi jojo66,
Did u get a DM too? I'm confused coz they did not ask for passport request.
Your processing is quite fast:)
Way faster than we thought, shocked actually. We have not gotten the DM on line yet. Its different for some reason, and I've seen some get their COPR papers and still have no DM on the web site.

shm17

Jul 14, 2014
Hoping someone can help me out. I am sponsoring my American wife, and she is living with me here in Canada right now with a visitor permit. We applied inland in February, and at the beginning of July we received our application back because we submitted the wrong sponsorship questionnaire page. They've asked us to send the application back with the correct sponsorship page so it can start anew. However, after looking at processing times, I've realized we should have applied outland in the first place. In fact, the sponsorship questionnaire page I submitted was the form required for outland applications. Is there any problem sending the application outland now? Or are we stuck on the path we started? Thanks.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Jojo66 said:
Way faster than we thought, shocked actually. We have not gotten the DM on line yet. Its different for some reason, and I've seen some get their COPR papers and still have no DM on the web site.
It is up to each individual officer to update 'client files' online so some might show while others do not.

@Mramajohn Your lawyer will likely receive all your documents within a week or two depending on where he/she is located. It should include your COPR which you will need to obtain from them in order to officially land. Once you have done that, you are a Canadian PR and have all the rights and responsibilities of such. Congrats! Enjoy the newest chapter in your book of life! :D

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Canadian boyfriend and I are living together (well, I am on a Tourist Visa each time I enter Canada from the US; I do spend more time in Canada, though).

Does the fact that we are "common law partners" (living under the same roof in Canada) disqualify us for Outland application?

If I apply from Outland, can I still visit him in Canada? (I usually stay for 5-6 days at a time)

Will I get issues while coming in to Canada if I am in the midst of my Outland application for immigration? What about once I am approved but didn't receive the PR card yet?

Do i have to apply from the New York office? I read somewhere that it takes 30 months to process applications from New York?!! Can I apply from another office (for example; LA?)

Thank you for your responses

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
shm17 said:
Hoping someone can help me out. I am sponsoring my American wife, and she is living with me here in Canada right now with a visitor permit. We applied inland in February, and at the beginning of July we received our application back because we submitted the wrong sponsorship questionnaire page. They've asked us to send the application back with the correct sponsorship page so it can start anew. However, after looking at processing times, I've realized we should have applied outland in the first place. In fact, the sponsorship questionnaire page I submitted was the form required for outland applications. Is there any problem sending the application outland now? Or are we stuck on the path we started? Thanks.
Because they sent you back the entire application, you can change the other forms to reflect and outland application and then include your payment slip and proceed with an outland application. It should not be an issue.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Clothilde said:
My Canadian boyfriend and I are living together (well, I am on a Tourist Visa each time I enter Canada from the US; I do spend more time in Canada, though).

Does the fact that we are "common law partners" (living under the same roof in Canada) disqualify us for Outland application?

If I apply from Outland, can I still visit him in Canada? (I usually stay for 5-6 days at a time)

Will I get issues while coming in to Canada if I am in the midst of my Outland application for immigration? What about once I am approved but didn't receive the PR card yet?

Do i have to apply from the New York office? I read somewhere that it takes 30 months to process applications from New York?!! Can I apply from another office (for example; LA?)

Thank you for your responses
If you are not staying with your boyfriend continuously then you won't be classed as common law for immigration purposes. You must live with him for 365 days without any breaks to qualify. Once you have done that, then yes, you can apply outland and remain in Canada visiting. You actually send your application to Missisauga first and then it is sent to Ottawa for US applicants. It will not see NY or LA unless there are red flags. Because you are a US citizen you can come and go from Canada on the merit of your passport alone before getting your PR card.

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Alurra71,

I did not see anywhere that to be considered Common Law I had to live 365 consecutive days with my partner. However this is I read on this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=346&t=14

"What does the Government of Canada consider to be a common-law relationship?
You may apply to sponsor a common-law partner, of the opposite sex or the same sex. You have to prove you have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months in a relationship like a marriage.

That means living together for one year without any long periods where you did not see each other. Either partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. However, that separation must have been temporary and short."

Thank you for any clarification.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Alurra71 said:
If you are not staying with your boyfriend continuously then you won't be classed as common law for immigration purposes. You must live with him for 365 days without any breaks to qualify.
"Continuously" does not mean "every single day" but rather "as your primary place of residence". Thus, if you go to see family for a week and then return, such a break would not terminate the continuity. In other words, ask your self "if a couple were to have time apart of this type would it constitute a breakdown in the relationship?" If you go that far, then the continuity breaks.

So, if you were working in the US and only seeing one another on weekends it probably would not meet the continuous requirement (even though that wouldn't necessarily mean a breakdown in an existing relationship) but if you spend two weeks in France on a vacation with your family and then return back to your partner it probably would meet the continuous requirement. The longer the "vacation" the more likely an officer is to conclude there is a breakdown.

This is an area in which married couples have an easier time of it: even if living apart, the marriage is easy for CIC to analyze and understand and breaks in being together do not terminate the relationship by default. In Canada, common law couples have many of the same duties and obligations as married couples (in BC after two years dissolution of the relationship requires the equivalent of a divorce process) but there are differences (typically married couples have inheritance rights while common law couples do not, for example).

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Hi everyone,
What is the rule when you just got a PR and want to go for a vacay outside canada? Will they still allow it? Do I need to be physically in canada for three months till they issue a health card?
Thanks

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Alurra71 said:
It is up to each individual officer to update 'client files' online so some might show while others do not.

@ Mramajohn Your lawyer will likely receive all your documents within a week or two depending on where he/she is located. It should include your COPR which you will need to obtain from them in order to officially land. Once you have done that, you are a Canadian PR and have all the rights and responsibilities of such. Congrats! Enjoy the newest chapter in your book of life! :D
So the COPR would go to the lawyer's address? Or my husband's address? I am confused. When I check the status with the application number it shows the lawyer's address but if I check it with my husband's UCI it shows my husband's address. Can someone help me please.