waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
M_iari said:
Hello everyone! We received our CSQ last week and my husband booked his flight to canada today!
He's been saving money and we are planning for him to stay in until he gets his PR. He gets in at the end of May. Now I've read that there's usually no problem getting into canada when you say that you have applied for PR but is there something specific he needs to bring to show the border officers?

Thanx!!!
yes... significant ties to his home country. lease/mortgage or paystub/work contract from a non-canadian company. any and all proof he has regarding his PR application being in process, receipts for application fees paid, and a copy of your marriage certificate are generally helpful too.

ACKSteve

Apr 23, 2014
Hey everyone, quick question. My wife was approved to Sponsor me in February 2014. We received an e-mail confirmation from CIC stating this. I know it's only been two months, but since then neither of us have heard anything else from them. Just want to make sure that this is normal process and we aren't missing anything.

Thank you!

michellestella

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa --> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
Doc's Request.
27-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2013, sponsorship approved 08-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2014 transferred to LA
Interview........
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
24-09-2014, decision made 08-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014, arrived 14-11-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
ACKSteve said:
Hey everyone, quick question. My wife was approved to Sponsor me in February 2014. We received an e-mail confirmation from CIC stating this. I know it's only been two months, but since then neither of us have heard anything else from them. Just want to make sure that this is normal process and we aren't missing anything.

Thank you!
Hi ACKSteve,

You most likely aren't missing anything, it's still early, don't worry! I would say the earliest you would hear anything (assuming everything goes smoothly) would be July-ish

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
timemachine2 said:
Hello all,
My love and I are just recently married, and getting started on PR/sponsorship applications. She is American, and I'm Canadian.

I feel pretty good about my sponsorship application, except that my work history is on and off, working 7 jobs in the past 5 years, and having extended periods of time where I wasn't working, during which I was on EI or travelling. I also don't know the exact dates of employment for most of these jobs. I have been at my current job for 4 months now.

Just wondering how that is going to look on my sponsorship app, or if there is anyone with similar circumstances who can advise me.

Thanks!
My husband had a similiar situation where there was a chunk of time he was on EI and unemployed. We actually submitted the application while he was on EI since we had found out that it didn't disqualify him from being a sponsor. The CIC did ask us for copies of his current paystubs and a letter from his employer a couple months ago. Turns out they actually called his employer for verification a couple weeks ago, shortly before our status updated to Decision Made. My suggestion would be to keep your paystubs and such just in case they ask for it, but y'all should be fine. :)

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
I just got AOR yesterday saying they received our application on April 23 and today I got an email saying I was approved to sponsor and they're transferring our file to CPP-Ottawa :)

So good to know that something is actually happening, since e-CAS won't let me log in to check :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
MizAngel said:
I just got AOR yesterday saying they received our application on April 23 and today I got an email saying I was approved to sponsor and they're transferring our file to CPP-Ottawa :)

So good to know that something is actually happening, since e-CAS won't let me log in to check :(
it is quite normal for it to take up to a week before ecas starts to work.

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
Jokers said:
My ECAS updated today to Decision made!

;D
Congrats! Shouldn't be too long now before you get your COPR.

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
Just to share an update and please share any comments you may have on the latest step in my progress to sponsoring my spouse!

Received an email regarding our case status. Our file has been transferred to CPC-Ottawa. They require supporting documents regarding proof of our relationship. Today I spent the day scanning snail mail letters that we sent over the y ears of our time apart (we loved this as it was a more personal touch than emails). I also scanned flight itineraries including passes. We also included cards congratulating us on our engagement/marriage from family.

We had already provided with the original package my life insurance copies which include my wife as my beneficiary and many pictures from our wedding and engagement. We spent a lot of our relationship apart due to financial reasons as well as the obvious (distance) so we do not have a lot of together photographs (we are both not very photogenic) Looking back now I wish we had taken more photographs of our trips and outings.

I would just like to know from anyone else's experience where we may be in the application process?? From what I understand this is the most difficult part of the process. A lot of very personal and intimate letters were shared and are now at the disposal of an agent so I hope that will be enough. I also wanted to know if providing too many scanned letters or photos can work against us as well.

Thanks to all who spent the time reading this. Good luck to you all

kateee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
& SA: 10-10-2013
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2014 ; reissued 21-05-2014
LANDED..........
planning for 11-06-2014!!!
Got COPR today!!! Issued in my maiden name though.... They issued the COPR the same day I sent my new passport copy. Ughhhhh

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
I have a question about bringing my SUV across the border to Canada. I have clear title, I've emailed the CPB with the information about the vehicle I'm exporting, and the reply I received was confusing.

I need to bring with me title to the vehicle, my ID, the printed confirmation along with a copy of my original request, but at the bottom the email says something about filing export information through the AES . . . and none of the links or phone number for AES works.

After much hassle, I found a website, but it's saying I need an EIN number. Somehow I'm not sure whether this AES stuff applies to us settlors, it looks like it's something that applies to commercial exporters.

Anyone know anything about the AES and whether we have to jump through this extra hoop?

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Hi everyone! Has anyone from the US travelled recently to Canada by plane and have a petition pending? When entering Canadian airport, did anyone use a nexus machine? Pls anyone I'm just so stressed out if I visit my husband and they will deny my entry:-(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Mramajohn said:
Hi everyone! Has anyone from the US travelled recently to Canada by plane and have a petition pending? When entering Canadian airport, did anyone use a nexus machine? Pls anyone I'm just so stressed out if I visit my husband and they will deny my entry:-(
as long as you show significant ties to the US, and stress the fact you are visiting, you should be fine. of course it's always up to the border agent you deal with. Generally speaking when it comes to US applicants, they prefer when we have an application in process, and they see we are following the rules. make sure to have copies of your application, marriage certificate, fees paid, and sponsorship approval to help you prove your intentions. the nexus pass is suppose to fast track you in lines, so i don't know how it works when you have an app in process, if they stop you for more questions. i've heard it makes it easier to zip through.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mramajohn said:
If you have Nexus, it is unlikely you will have any problems or issues. I transited the border (using Nexus) regularly while my own PR application was pending. The big benefit with Nexus is that you don't even talk with an immigration officer because you've been pre-screened.

Someone here that I've been counseling recently entered the country. They don't even have sponsor approval but there was no issue with him entering the country (visa exempt but not the US). They just stamped his passport and off he went. I've never seen anyone actually report being refused at the airport in similar circumstances.

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
computergeek said:
If you have Nexus, it is unlikely you will have any problems or issues. I transited the border (using Nexus) regularly while my own PR application was pending. The big benefit with Nexus is that you don't even talk with an immigration officer because you've been pre-screened.

Someone here that I've been counseling recently entered the country. They don't even have sponsor approval but there was no issue with him entering the country (visa exempt but not the US). They just stamped his passport and off he went. I've never seen anyone actually report being refused at the airport in similar circumstances.
I have yet to use my nexus via Air, but each time I use my nexus the officer questions me a bunch. I assume there is a red flag some where associated with me and that's why. I have yet to be denied, but with nexus they claim if you tell the officer everything then they may not even say a word to you. However I've had the officer question me BEFORE I could even say anything. Do you know why this might be computergeek?? Will this forever haunt me or once (if) PR is approved will this red flag be removed?

The first time I crossed with my husband I assume is when they flagged me. I planned to stay with him 4 or 5 months and they limited it to 3.5 months..... But I didn't over stay We left before then.

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
computergeek said:

Thanks for the info guys:) it's like forever for the processing:-(