Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mattrox10 said:
London drugs is in Canada isn't it? If only walmart in NH would do Canadian sized photos I would just go there, but I don't think they do. :p
Yes, London Drugs is a Canadian chain. Are you sure Walmart in NH won't do 35 mm x 45 mm photographs? If not, check with Fedex Office (formerly Kinko's) as I recall having some odd sizes done for visas at the one in Nashua (when it was still Kinko's).

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
So I have a dumb question:

I have been 'visiting' hubby for last year, the plan was to wait here until myself and our daughter received our PR. Unfortunately, it is taking way too long, and we can't afford to not have me working anymore. I will be returning to the US with our daughter next week.

Am I required to change my address with CIC? I would rather not, because I would have to send the request to Seattle, and I don't know if they will even get the message. Also, I do not trust the people at my house in US to give me my mail, and would hate to have anything get 'lost', and hold up my case any longer.

So, can I just leave everything as is, and have hubby receive mail in Canada?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Yes, London Drugs is a Canadian chain. Are you sure Walmart in NH won't do 35 mm x 45 mm photographs? If not, check with Fedex Office (formerly Kinko's) as I recall having some odd sizes done for visas at the one in Nashua (when it was still Kinko's).
Some additional ideas to consider are online services (e.g., epassportphoto) that prep the photo for you to print at your local pharmacy/grocery store/etc as a standard 4x6 photo. Alternatively, photo studios should be able to help you also.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSP2YYZ said:

I have been 'visiting' hubby for last year, the plan was to wait here until myself and our daughter received our PR. Unfortunately, it is taking way too long, and we can't afford to not have me working anymore. I will be returning to the US with our daughter next week.

Am I required to change my address with CIC? I would rather not, because I would have to send the request to Seattle, and I don't know if they will even get the message. Also, I do not trust the people at my house in US to give me my mail, and would hate to have anything get 'lost', and hold up my case any longer.

Depends on how you completed your application. Your mailing address can remain as hubby's Canadian address; if your residential address is changing you should probably let them know (some people visiting Canada use their US address as residential address others use their Canadian address so it depends on what you did).

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
MSP2YYZ said:

Try getting an open work permit a lot of border crossings have been allowing the work permit including. Just go to the border and inform yourself...i know a few who did ...we were going to go get one at the quebec border if he didnt get PPR soon

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
cgagnon said:
Try getting an open work permit a lot of border crossings have been allowing the work permit including. Just go to the border and inform yourself...i know a few who did ...we were going to go get one at the quebec border if he didnt get PPR soon
I would, but we applied outland, and I can't get a work permit without LMO, and I haven't been able to get one.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Cheerio said:
I had used a channeler to finish my application but since I kept hearing they were more likely going to get rejected I sent out some prints to the FBI and recently got the results back. Iǜe been told CIC must receive them within three months of the date they are stamped or else they would be considered expired. I've only had first stage approval though and no AOR (or another other kind of news)for stage 2. I'm afraid the results will expire before I get a formal request for them and so I'm wondering if CPP-O has a special phone number I can contact them with to inform them about this and possibly send it in now before the three months go by?
I guess you could send them in and hope they are not sitting waiting to be opened and you still get request anyways... the CIC website clearly states to wait for additional information on medical and background checks to be asked for...
mattrox10 said:
London drugs is in Canada isn't it? If only walmart in NH would do Canadian sized photos I would just go there, but I don't think they do. :p
The walmart I went to was in Baltimore, MD. 600 miles away from Canada, they do passport photos all they had to do was tweak the program (change photo size) and they printed them out it is atleast worth checking out as long as they have an experienced person in the photo center you should be fine.

Cgagnon any news today? I stalked my post woman and nothing today :'( no mail on Monday either really looooong weekend now! gonna call my sister tonight and make sure it didn't show up there since her address is my US address.... guess she will have to overnight it to me cus I have no way of crossing unless they let me in if I explain the situation I dunno how much hassle they will give me not having a passport...

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Creampop said:
I guess you could send them in and hope they are not sitting waiting to be opened and you still get request anyways... the CIC website clearly states to wait for additional information on medical and background checks to be asked for...
Ugh. Do you think they would ask me to redo them if it goes past the three months when they finaly request it?

I thought about just sending it already but I worry it may get lost in their piles of mail or even worse, lost "in the mail." I can take a copy of it but I still have to send in the original anyway-- I dont think they would accept the copy afterwards. Arrggh.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSP2YYZ said:
I would, but we applied outland, and I can't get a work permit without LMO, and I haven't been able to get one.
Indeed, outland applications don't qualify you to get a work permit per se. You need an eligible reason such as an LMO or a job offer in a NAFTA-eligible profession (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-business.asp).

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheerio said:
Ugh. Do you think they would ask me to redo them if it goes past the three months when they finaly request it?

I thought about just sending it already but I worry it may get lost in their piles of mail or even worse, lost "in the mail." I can take a copy of it but I still have to send in the original anyway-- I dont think they would accept the copy afterwards. Arrggh.
I would just mail it in when you get it and include your UCI and file number. It should be matched up to your file without issues whether they requested it or not.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
I would just mail it in when you get it and include your UCI and file number. It should be matched up to your file without issues whether they requested it or not.
I'm sure it would get matched up eventually I meant, how long will it sit before it gets matched up, if they havn't been matched up when they request new ones what then? I believe this is why they ask you to wait until asked so there isn't all this confusion... and I recently realized my FBI was 4 months old when I sent it they never asked for news ones and I have DM so either they don't care they were 4 months old or the IO couldn't count 3 months ???

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Cheerio said:
I had used a channeler to finish my application but since I kept hearing they were more likely going to get rejected I sent out some prints to the FBI and recently got the results back. Iǜe been told CIC must receive them within three months of the date they are stamped or else they would be considered expired. I've only had first stage approval though and no AOR (or another other kind of news)for stage 2. I'm afraid the results will expire before I get a formal request for them and so I'm wondering if CPP-O has a special phone number I can contact them with to inform them about this and possibly send it in now before the three months go by?
The sponsor approval letter should have told you where to send additional correspondence. In that case, make a copy of your approval letter (or write a separate cover letter) and send along that FBI PCC to the address given. All they need is the file number in order to get it routed to the right place. I'd send them via courier (keep a copy, even if it does say "unauthorized copy"). That way they have them within the 90 days. If they get into your file before the VO looks at it, you won't even end up with a delay.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Thank you for the responses -- I think Ill wait one more month and then send them in and wish for the best!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheerio said:
Thank you for the responses -- I think Ill wait one more month and then send them in and wish for the best!
Cheerio - it's your call, but given that you have the results back already there really isn't any point to wait. Let me explain my reasoning.

It is taking CPP-O several weeks to process mail (whether they requested the document or not). And, for most other documents copies are fine so if there is any additional follow-up you can likely e-mail the documents to them (e-mails are processed faster than mail). Therefore, if you send the original polie certificate now and get it in your file before the VO reviews it you'll avoid any delay. If they request the PR before they received it, you can let them know it's already on the way (and provide details on when you sent it and send in the signature receipt and a scanned copy for their reference). So, bottom line is that the sooner you mail it to them, the sooner they'll receive it.

Just my two cents, FWIW.

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
One question, how hard is it to get a work permit?
My husband's been getting lots of informal offers for jobs, but I don't know how willing they would be to get an LMO