+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humble01 said:
@ ohcanadiana and gogogo, Thank you very much. i really appreciate your answers.

I need a clarification, based on the info given in the link pasted by gogogo. If i apply through my country of residence that I have legal status, must I be physically present in my country of residence when the PR application would be sent to CPC-M?

I was thinking of applying outland when I would be in Canada, then wait it out probably in Canada or return back to my country of residence. but of course, the outland PR application will be sent when i am in Canada. does it go against the rules?

thanks once again
You're welcome. Your sponsor can mail the application from anywhere so should be fine applying outland even if you are visiting your sponsor in Canada when he mails the application :)

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ohcanadia, maybe i need to paste the exact this. thisis an extract from thr link gogogo pasted and I think it contradicct with your last post

ii) persons who, at the time of the submission of their application, are not physically
in a country served by the visa office through which they are applying. An
applicant cannot send an application to a visa office if they are not physically in a
country served by that visa office (unless it is their country of nationality).

what do you have to say to that?

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
humble01 said:
@ ohcanadia, maybe i need to paste the exact this. thisis an extract from thr link gogogo pasted and I think it contradicct with your last post

ii) persons who, at the time of the submission of their application, are not physically
in a country served by the visa office through which they are applying. An
applicant cannot send an application to a visa office if they are not physically in a
country served by that visa office (unless it is their country of nationality).

what do you have to say to that?
Well, why don't you just apply through the visa office that serves your country of nationality? That's what my husband and I did. We are living in Taiwan, and just appiled through the (now, former) Buffalo VO

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they are too slow. it takes about 24 months to process an immigrant visa after sponsorship approval. and the denial rate are higher than any other place. i am talking about the Accra office

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
You're welcome :)

I wouldn't bother sending an updated copy of your new DL (assuming you submitted it as proof of sharing an address as part of proof of relationship so the fact that you updated it is not material to your application). Your address is, but you've updated that already.
Thank you OhCanadiana. Really appreciate it.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
humble01 said:
they are too slow. it takes about 24 months to process an immigrant visa after sponsorship approval. and the denial rate are higher than any other place. i am talking about the Accra office
You are TECHNICALLY supposed to either apply through the place where you (applicant) are a citizen, born and raise. OR where you currently reside in. OR where you have obtained citizenship from.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
parker24 said:
You are TECHNICALLY supposed to either apply through the place where you (applicant) are a citizen, born and raise. OR where you currently reside in. OR where you have obtained citizenship from.
Yep. So even if it DOES take longer... that's how it is supposed to be.

I'm sure there are people out there who would feel that it'd be unfair if you were to be able to apply elsewhere to save time because either one: it'll slow up their processing to have someone else.. or two: the people who have to apply via your home country the way it should be and have to wait through all that will feel it unfair as well. Lots of foreigners to America that are in America on something like a student or work visa apply through Buffalo because they are so fast, but that in turn slows it down for actual American citizens looking to immigrate to Canada. My opinion on it does not matter, but I'm sure others may feel cheated by this when they want to be with their spouse so badly. But either way, the only way around you not having to apply through there is to either be residing elsewhere, or be a citizen elsewhere.. otherwise, CIC does not care how long it will take, and others will feel you're doing unfairly if you try to do it elsewhere when you don't technically meet the qualifications.

I don't say that to be mean, but that's just the concrete truth to it.. I wish it was faster for you though.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
Kiri said:
Yep. So even if it DOES take longer... that's how it is supposed to be.

I'm sure there are people out there who would feel that it'd be unfair if you were to be able to apply elsewhere to save time because either one: it'll slow up their processing to have someone else.. or two: the people who have to apply via your home country the way it should be and have to wait through all that will feel it unfair as well. Lots of foreigners to America that are in America on something like a student or work visa apply through Buffalo because they are so fast, but that in turn slows it down for actual American citizens looking to immigrate to Canada. My opinion on it does not matter, but I'm sure others may feel cheated by this when they want to be with their spouse so badly. But either way, the only way around you not having to apply through there is to either be residing elsewhere, or be a citizen elsewhere.. otherwise, CIC does not care how long it will take, and others will feel you're doing unfairly if you try to do it elsewhere when you don't technically meet the qualifications.

I don't say that to be mean, but that's just the concrete truth to it.. I wish it was faster for you though.

you need to know that embassies in third world countries treat citizens of these countries like animals, and that if a guy or gal are smart enough to land a job in Canada or the US and apply from there then good for them.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
ihabkal said:
you need to know that embassies in third world countries treat citizens of these countries like animals, and that if a guy or gal are smart enough to land a job in Canada or the US and apply from there then good for them.
I'm aware it's like that, very much so actually so it's not something that I don't know, but rules are rules and that's how it goes no matter what the situation... and yeah, if they are able to that's great.. I do know how bad it can be, so if they can make it better for themselves, go for it, I hope it goes smoothly because no one should be denied their spouse.

It still doesn't take from what I said though. There are those who feel that way, my opinion isn't being brought into it because it's not important and I'm not opening a debate when no matter what anyone says, the point is as is below.

The point of what I posted was if they are not a citizen, or resident of a country, they HAVE to file with their home country even if it is a bad situation to apply in. How they are treated vs. how Americans/Canadians are treated isn't the issue with the rules so that makes no difference.

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice input from you guys. but its of advantage to us that reside elsewhere to make use of the visa office available in that location. nobody likes to be subjected in such a condition of long awaiting period, denying you to be with your spouses and besides, the way the embassy in that location treat applicant is just bad and inhuman.

But i still want to know if I can apply outland via my country of residence when i am in canada?

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
humble01 said:
Nice input from you guys. but its of advantage to us that reside elsewhere to make use of the visa office available in that location. nobody likes to be subjected in such a condition of long awaiting period, denying you to be with your spouses and besides, the way the embassy in that location treat applicant is just bad and inhuman.

But i still want to know if I can apply outland via my country of residence when i am in canada?
By resident you mean citizen? If so, yes. If you're visiting Canada you are technically a temporary resident in Canada... so you would have to file with your country of citizenship. OhCan or parker24 can correct me if I'm wrong. But I applied outland America while being temporary resident in Canada because I'm US citizen.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Kiri said:
By resident you mean citizen? If so, yes. If you're visiting Canada you are technically a temporary resident in Canada... so you would have to file with your country of citizenship. OhCan or parker24 can correct me if I'm wrong. But I applied outland America while being temporary resident in Canada because I'm US citizen.
We are visa exempt so it's much easier to apply outland while living in canada it might not be as easy for other countries...

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Well I applied outland London UK, (as i'm English) but CIC opted to process it at Buffalo because the USA was the last place I entered Canada from being given a visa of not less than a year (I live with my hubby in Canada but we got married in Vegas and the IO upon return to Canada gave a visitor permit for 12 months)

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiri said:
by residence, I mean country where i legally reside. not my country of citizenship. for example, living and working in the uk for more than two years. so i am asking if i go to canada to visit my spouse, can I apply outland via the london office? and at the time of THE outland PR application, I am not physically availalble in UK?

according to the info available right here http:// www .cic.gc.ca/ english/ resources/ manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf at page number 14. ii it says

''persons who, at the time of the submission of their application, are not physically
in a country served by the visa office through which they are applying.
An applicant cannot send an application to a visa office if they are not physically in a
country served by that visa office (UNLESS IT IS THEIR COUNTRY OF NATIONALITY).''

base on that, I think staying in Canada while you apply out-land ONLY favors people who are applying to the visa office that serves their country of origin/citizenship, not people who are applying from their country of legal residence (not citizenship) while in Canada.

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Humble if the problems are as you state with your visa office then outland for you would take way longer than doing an inland application.

However the downside to this is, if you apply inland you have no right of appeal.