+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

ladyex13

Oct 17, 2013
Can one of the seniors please advise me on how long it takes to get COPR after DM? I'm just curious. I have to go to Canada for almost a month to take care of my grandbabies and when i get back to the US i'll be packing everything. I'm just wondering what kind of time frame i'm looking at. I also see that there's a time limit to get into Canada before medical expires? Or maybe it's COPR that expires i'm not sure. Please advise. I also want to say how much i appreciate ev1 here in this forum. You are all so helpful and knowledgeable as well. It's great to have others going through the same thing as we are so we can help each other along the way. I know we haven't met but it's as if we have the greatest friends in here. Thank you from the heart! If it weren't for you and your wealth of knowledge i'm not sure where i'd be through all of this. You seniors are truly a blessing from God!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ladyex13 said:
Can one of the seniors please advise me on how long it takes to get COPR after DM? I'm just curious. I have to go to Canada for almost a month to take care of my grandbabies and when i get back to the US i'll be packing everything. I'm just wondering what kind of time frame i'm looking at. I also see that there's a time limit to get into Canada before medical expires? Or maybe it's COPR that expires i'm not sure. Please advise. I also want to say how much i appreciate ev1 here in this forum. You are all so helpful and knowledgeable as well. It's great to have others going through the same thing as we are so we can help each other along the way. I know we haven't met but it's as if we have the greatest friends in here. Thank you from the heart! If it weren't for you and your wealth of knowledge i'm not sure where i'd be through all of this. You seniors are truly a blessing from God!

Congrats on your DM! The COPR from Ottawa tends to take about 2 weeks, it depends if it has to go over the US border or not, that can add to the time.

The COPR is good till your medical expires.

ladyex13

Oct 17, 2013
Aquakitty said:
Congrats on your DM! The COPR from Ottawa tends to take about 2 weeks, it depends if it has to go over the US border or not, that can add to the time.

Thank you Aquakitty for this valuable information. This helps to decide when our move date will be. Obviously the sooner the better.

ladyex13

Oct 17, 2013
Aquakitty said:

I forgot to ask if you could please update the spreadsheet as well. It only took 166 days from the beginning (Aug 28) til DM. I have to admit i'm impressed! If you do not include weekends, then it's only 4 1/2 months! WOW!!

ConfusedCouple

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 01 2016
Aquakitty said:
Are you living in the US? If not, it doesn't expire.
I'm an American living (visiting) in Canada.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ConfusedCouple said:
I'm an American living (visiting) in Canada.
You don't need to worry about it either way, but they don't expire if it was issued while you were living in Canada.

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
just checked ecas this morning and DM!!!!!!!! Smiley at the same time I just got the GCMS notes that we ordered about a month ago

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Decoy24601 said:
It's taking about 18 weeks to arrive for people. I'm about to hit the 16th week of waiting to have mine processed and am waiting impatiently for my credit card to be charged. The website says 13-15 weeks, but it seems like it's been taking at least 15. You can submit your application without the FBI clearance as long as you write a note explaining that due to the high processing times, you will submit it when you have it.
Wow, still haven't charged your card yet?! I won't hold my breath. Did you submit your application without the FBI document? The CIC seems to be pretty strict on not sending in your application without all the requested parts, but if it is what you did (with a note re: high processing times) and the CIC haven't said anything, then I'll follow suit and submit mine as well. Thanks!

jax_amc

May 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
12-02/2016
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
File Transfer...
02-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 07-03-2016
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello US Outland Members!

I received a message this morning saying we needed to pay the Right of Residency Fee. Mind you we already paid and sent our receipt for this.
Can someone confirm what the total amount to apply and this fee would have been. We submitted a receipt for $1040. I am sponsoring my american husband. No kids. Im pretty sure this is just the CIC checking again even though we submitted it already.

Cheers,

Zake424

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 02-20-2015
LANDED..........
Landing on April 18, 2016
Checked ECAS this morning and found "Decision Made" We are so excited!!! They started processing my app on Nov. 19, 2015 so it only took 3 months from that date. They received our app on Sept. 9, 2015. However, we did not receive an email notifying us of decision made. Will they mail it to me at my home address in Texas? Also, I've read where people are being asked to send in new photos because the size requirements have changed. I have so many questions....gah! The main one is, how long after receiving COPR and landing can I get a job in Canada? I'll be living in Ontario. Do I have to wait until I received the actual PR card?

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
Zake424 said:
Checked ECAS this morning and found "Decision Made" We are so excited!!! They started processing my app on Nov. 19, 2015 so it only took 3 months from that date. They received our app on Sept. 9, 2015. However, we did not receive an email notifying us of decision made. Will they mail it to me at my home address in Texas? Also, I've read where people are being asked to send in new photos because the size requirements have changed. I have so many questions....gah! The main one is, how long after receiving COPR and landing can I get a job in Canada? I'll be living in Ontario. Do I have to wait until I received the actual PR card?
I got a DM this morning, too! They also did not ask me for photographs. At least not yet.

They will mail it to your listed mailing address in ECAS. So if you used a lawyer for example the COPR would go to the lawyer's mailing address. Since you're US like me you probably didn't use a lawyer, so if TX is your mailing addy it will go there.

Another long-time user on this forum recently told another person that you could get a job as soon as you had the COPR. Can anyone back that up?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
You just have to go into a Service Canada office and get a social insurance number (using your COPR and other ID), then you can work.

ladyex13

Oct 17, 2013
ladyex13 said:
Thank you Aquakitty for this valuable information. This helps to decide when our move date will be. Obviously the sooner the better.
Aquakitty i just wanted to give you a quick update and maybe someone can update the spreadsheet as well. We got our DM last Thursday and today we also got the COPR!! I'm totally shocked and excited and thankful all at the same time. This last part has gone by so quickly it just amazes me! So for everyone else waiting, just be patient because it does happen faster than it seems. I checked our Ecas everyday and i think that just made it worse. Once i stopped checking (down to 3 days a week) it seemed that time just flew by. I know there are many more DM's that will happen soon! Hang in there guys!!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ladyex13 said:
Aquakitty i just wanted to give you a quick update and maybe someone can update the spreadsheet as well. We got our DM last Thursday and today we also got the COPR!! I'm totally shocked and excited and thankful all at the same time. This last part has gone by so quickly it just amazes me! So for everyone else waiting, just be patient because it does happen faster than it seems. I checked our Ecas everyday and i think that just made it worse. Once i stopped checking (down to 3 days a week) it seemed that time just flew by. I know there are many more DM's that will happen soon! Hang in there guys!!
That's awesome, congrats!

I think we need a new 12 step program, ECAS-anonymous to help some people out with this compulsive checking. If I did that during our process I think I'd be in a mental ward by now!

Editing is open for the actual date lines on the spreadsheet, but if anyone wants me to add them please provide the timeline (makes it easier so I don't have to look at every post).

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
Aquakitty said:
That's awesome, congrats!

I think we need a new 12 step program, ECAS-anonymous to help some people out with this compulsive checking. If I did that during our process I think I'd be in a mental ward by now!

Editing is open for the actual date lines on the spreadsheet, but if anyone wants me to add them please provide the timeline (makes it easier so I don't have to look at every post).
Got DM this morning and checked ECAS twice more since then. I don't even know. To make sure it was really there, maybe? But probably it's because I am JamesinCanada and I am an Ecasaholic. Maybe I'll settle down whenever the COPR arrives.