VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
InLoveWithAnAmerican said:
We have Application Received.
1. We have received application on may 8 2015

2. We have recieved medical results
Obviously I can't guarantee anything, but there is a good chance you will be processed by the end of the year, I assume with that AOR you are an April applicant? That should fit in the average time frame for Americans.

hmks

Sep 8, 2015
Sorry two more questions but am I correct in understanding that as an immigrant vs my Canadian citizen husband, I can import a car that is solely in my name to Canada even if it's is newer than 6 months old and over $10,000 in value without paying taxes? And would I be able to put my husband on the title after importing the car?

Also, the background check from Japan requires documentation saying the CIC is requesting it. Is it possible for me to contact the CIC and tell them I am planning on applying or do I need to have already applied to start this background check? The other 4 I need do not require a letter and I'm planning on starting those since they only need to have been done since the last time I lived in those countries.

Thank you! This forum has been a great help!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Check the vehicle admissibility list: http://www.tc.gc.ca/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles/importation/usa/vafus/list2/menu.htm

Once you've imported it fully, you can put it in your husband's name. BC offers a "family transfer" option so you don't pay taxes on it for the transfer, but check your province's insurance policies for that information.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
ayrazar said:
I think that's more like, in the eyes of CIC. Like, there's less of a chance of people moving to Canada from the US in search of better quality of life rather than actually being in love, etc.
That's true - and a fair number of spouses view the move to Canada as taking one for the team. But I'm a dual citizen and my wife is American, so we didn't have to make the move - we made it purely for improved quality of life, and we haven't been disappointed yet.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Ottawa gone up from 16 to 17 months regular wait now. We've been waiting 4 months now after my approval to sponsor to see her decision made. Does anyone know if Ottawa is moving slow this summer ? are we out of luck this year?

We have Application Received.
1. We have received application on may 8 2015

2. We have recieved medical results

If your application was received on May 8th, that's the date of your AOR and not SA.

It reads, "1. We received your application for Permanent Residence on May 8, 2015."

That means it's only been 4 months since your application was received. That is not 4 months since your Sponsor was Approved.

Your Sponsorship Approval (SA) would likely have been approved the same time as mine since we're only 3 days apart.

My SA was approved on July 2nd. (My AOR was May 5th.) That means you've only been waiting 2 months since SA—not 4.

Sadly, if we're going by averages of what other Ottawa VO applicants have seen, we've still got another month at least before they MIGHT look at our applications.

Hang in there! My fingers are crossed that we see "In Progress" in October. We still should see PR by Christmas. :p

Brewbrew85

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-MAY-2015
Doc's Request.
23-NOV-2015
AOR Received.
16-JUL-2015 SA: 28-JUL-2015 eCAs changed to IP: 06-AUG-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 11-JAN-2016
Ineffable said:
If your application was received on May 8th, that's the date of your AOR and not SA.

It reads, "1. We received your application for Permanent Residence on May 8, 2015."

That means it's only been 4 months since your application was received. That is not 4 months since your Sponsor was Approved.

Your Sponsorship Approval (SA) would likely have been approved the same time as mine since we're only 3 days apart.

My SA was approved on July 2nd. (My AOR was May 5th.) That means you've only been waiting 2 months since SA—not 4.

Sadly, if we're going by averages of what other Ottawa VO applicants have seen, we've still got another month at least before they MIGHT look at our applications.

Hang in there! My fingers are crossed that we see "In Progress" in October. We still should see PR by Christmas. :p
I've had IP for my hubby's PR application since August 6. Says they started processing it Aug 4. They received my file May 29. Everyday I check for DM, and nothing :( I know it's way too early to expect anything, only a few months, but the "In Process" is teasing me.

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
Brewbrew85 said:
I've had IP for my hubby's PR application since August 6. Says they started processing it Aug 4. They received my file May 29. Everyday I check for DM, and nothing :( I know it's way too early to expect anything, only a few months, but the "In Process" is teasing me.
I have the exact same thing, IP since Ausgust 6th and says they started processing it August 4th and still no DM. I'm a June 1st applicant though so I was so surprised when I saw IP. I still don't know if it really means anything for me.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Hello, I have another question. Do you think it would be OK to call and schedule my medical a little over a month before I want to file my application? What do I say when I contact the "panel physician" in my area, that I would like to schedule medical tests to apply for residency in Canada? Around how much could I expect the tests and visit to cost? (I'm pretty sure my state health insurance won't cover it).

Also, on a non-serious side note, do you think my being from Alaska would make it easier to process my application? XD (this is mostly a joke)

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Decoy24601 said:
Hello, I have another question. Do you think it would be OK to call and schedule my medical a little over a month before I want to file my application? What do I say when I contact the "panel physician" in my area, that I would like to schedule medical tests to apply for residency in Canada? Around how much could I expect the tests and visit to cost? (I'm pretty sure my state health insurance won't cover it).

Also, on a non-serious side note, do you think my being from Alaska would make it easier to process my application? XD (this is mostly a joke)
You can schedule the Medical exam a month before sending your application, but given the fact that these days applications are taking long to be processed at CIC, and that your exam is valid for one year, scheduling it closer to the time when you will send your documents is probably better. Yes, you just tell the doctor from your panel physician that you need the exam for an application for permanent residence in Canada. Most insurance won't cover the cost. I paid ca. $450 USD.

Good joke!!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Abuelita said:
You can schedule the Medical exam a month before sending your application, but given the fact that these days applications are taking long to be processed at CIC, and that your exam is valid for one year, scheduling it closer to the time when you will send your documents is probably better. Yes, you just tell the doctor from your panel physician that you need the exam for an application for permanent residence in Canada. Most insurance won't cover the cost. I paid ca. $450 USD.

Good joke!!
Alright thanks ^^.

Also, I realized my last name on my birth certificate and all my other identification is different. When I was 12 my father changed my last name (long story ) and didn't do it properly. When I needed to get a passport I had to provide the court papers of the name change with my birth certificate. Will I need to include this with my application too?

After reading some posts in here, I've decided to send off the application with a letter explaining the issue with the FBI wait times and a receipt of my background check order. Due to financial reasons I won't be able to order it until later this month and I plan to send off the application in November. On the off-chance that my sponsor is approved before I receive my FBI report, will it delay my application? Have there been any signs that the times are speeding up.

From what I gathered from the spreadsheets, it seems like SA is taking 2-3 months, then the file is relocated and sits in a queue for about another 3 months, and then is processed in usually a month or less, is this accurate?

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
CamL-W said:
I have the exact same thing, IP since Ausgust 6th and says they started processing it August 4th and still no DM. I'm a June 1st applicant though so I was so surprised when I saw IP. I still don't know if it really means anything for me.
I have seen A LOT of late May, June, and July applicants show IP already. I'm thinking it's more of an error on their part than it actually meaning your PR will be approved any day now. That, or they've ignored everyone from March-Mid May who are still at "application received."

You might order case notes to get a better idea of where your application is if you want some peace of mind.

I ordered mine mid-July and received them end of August. I can see very clearly they haven't started any of my paperwork as of August 8th. I plan to ordering them again at the end of the month; it'll take approximately 1 month for them to send them to me, so I should have them by the end of October—right around the time I hope to see some movement. :p

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Decoy24601 said:
Alright thanks ^^.

Also, I realized my last name on my birth certificate and all my other identification is different. When I was 12 my father changed my last name (long story ) and didn't do it properly. When I needed to get a passport I had to provide the court papers of the name change with my birth certificate. Will I need to include this with my application too?

After reading some posts in here, I've decided to send off the application with a letter explaining the issue with the FBI wait times and a receipt of my background check order. Due to financial reasons I won't be able to order it until later this month and I plan to send off the application in November. On the off-chance that my sponsor is approved before I receive my FBI report, will it delay my application? Have there been any signs that the times are speeding up.

From what I gathered from the spreadsheets, it seems like SA is taking 2-3 months, then the file is relocated and sits in a queue for about another 3 months, and then is processed in usually a month or less, is this accurate?
So your birth certificate has a different name than your passport? Then yes I would include the relevant documentation.

There is a chance it would delay your application, when you send it in make sure you include your UCI and application number clearly.

The timeline for Americans seems to vary wildly. The gist is it will probably take no longer than a total of 9 months. My husbands took less than 4 months, but other people's have taken over a year.

I found that the panel physicians in Canada are cheaper than in the US, I think it came to under $400 CND, but in the US it was over $400 USD, my husband had the medical done twice because the first one expired before we sent in our app.

However after a quick check it seems there are no panel physicians in Alaska, maybe you would qualify for an exception, or you can travel to Whitehorse.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Aquakitty said:
So your birth certificate has a different name than your passport? Then yes I would include the relevant documentation.

There is a chance it would delay your application, when you send it in make sure you include your UCI and application number clearly.

The timeline for Americans seems to vary wildly. The gist is it will probably take no longer than a total of 9 months. My husbands took less than 4 months, but other people's have taken over a year.

I found that the panel physicians in Canada are cheaper than in the US, I think it came to under $400 CND, but in the US it was over $400 USD, my husband had the medical done twice because the first one expired before we sent in our app.

However after a quick check it seems there are no panel physicians in Alaska, maybe you would qualify for an exception, or you can travel to Whitehorse.
Yes, I'm considering just getting my birth certificate amended to avoid this hassle, which is what my father should have done in the first place if he wanted my last name to be his. My birth certificate is the only identification I have with my formal last name. My drivers licence and passport are in my current last name.

The location of a panel physician won't be a problem. In August, after I visited my fiancé for two months, I moved to Washington so we can see each other at least once a month. So, I can just take a bus to Seattle for my medical.

Brewbrew85

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-MAY-2015
Doc's Request.
23-NOV-2015
AOR Received.
16-JUL-2015 SA: 28-JUL-2015 eCAs changed to IP: 06-AUG-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 11-JAN-2016
Ineffable said:
I have seen A LOT of late May, June, and July applicants show IP already. I'm thinking it's more of an error on their part than it actually meaning your PR will be approved any day now. That, or they've ignored everyone from March-Mid May who are still at "application received."

You might order case notes to get a better idea of where your application is if you want some peace of mind.

I ordered mine mid-July and received them end of August. I can see very clearly they haven't started any of my paperwork as of August 8th. I plan to ordering them again at the end of the month; it'll take approximately 1 month for them to send them to me, so I should have them by the end of October—right around the time I hope to see some movement. :p
I agree that it's probably an error on their part. I fully expect it to take until next Feb or March... I'm just going to continue to pray that one day soon I'll check it and see "DM". Maybe a few of us will get lucky, you never know.