+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The link Aero gave you is the correct one for outland family class applications. You'll see very detailed instructions - both for the sponsor and applicant - as well as all the forms you need to fill out (part A is the sponsor forms and checklists, part B is applicant forms and checklists, and part C has links to each of the regional instruction forms and checklists).

You can also get there from the main CIC page with links to all application forms at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
:eek: I can hardly believe it.. I really didn't expect this so soon. I am still stunned...My husband got the e-mail today!!! The request for PPR e-mail!!!!!! :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D

So in process August 2nd, and PPR on August 8th!! We have 20 days to get his passport to them in LA.

by the way, the e-mail only offers instructions for mailing the passport from within the States or Canada, but we are in Taiwan. Does that mean that instructions for Canada basically apply to us? As in, we don't send the return envelop like the instructions for within the States said?

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Wheeeee! That is so great Amoss ;D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, Amoss!!!!

Amoss said:
:eek: I can hardly believe it.. I really didn't expect this so soon. I am still stunned...My husband got the e-mail today!!! The request for PPR e-mail!!!!!! :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D

So in process August 2nd, and PPR on August 8th!! We have 20 days to get his passport to them in LA.

by the way, the e-mail only offers instructions for mailing the passport from within the States or Canada, but we are in Taiwan. Does that mean that instructions for Canada basically apply to us? As in, we don't send the return envelop like the instructions for within the States said?
What is the difference in the instructions? I would consider including a pre-paid waybill for whichever service they offer (FedEx, UPS) using an account, if possible, so that you aren't charged if they don't need it along with an explanatory note. Or, try sending them a case specific enquiry asking (but that will take up time).

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Amoss said:

Congrats!! haha ;)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Amoss said:

WHOO HOO!!! Some movement FINALLY! Congrats! So excited for you! And, I'd e-mail them or have someone call to find out :)

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
I'll add my congrats here too Amoss :D

As I've put in the other thread mine has been with Buffalo / 2nd stage processing office exactly 1 year today. Have requested GCMS and sent them an email today advising either tell me whats going on or it'll be an MP's reuest you'll be responding to, which means you'll have to give information out sooner or later so it may as well be sooner and to me lol.

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
Forgive me in advance if this question has already been answered, but how will I know if my file has been transferred to a visa office? Our sponsorship approval letter said we were sent to Ottawa. But will our file get sent somewhere else now that Buffalo is closed?

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Pigey said:
Forgive me in advance if this question has already been answered, but how will I know if my file has been transferred to a visa office? Our sponsorship approval letter said we were sent to Ottawa. But will our file get sent somewhere else now that Buffalo is closed?
I think that Ottawa is the office that processes the US outland applications now.

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
WOOOOO HOOOO Amoss!!! congrats, very happy for you!

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
So, I just stumbled upon this website, and man do I wish I had seen this before we applied. There is a serious wealth of information here and you guys are awesome for answering so many questions.

So here is where we are. I'm an American, and my husband is Canadian, and we live apart. Mississauga received our application on March 27th, 2012 according to his eCas status (Nothing comes up when we try to enter my info). He received the email of approval of his eligibility on June 22nd. I don't think either of us ever received an AOR. I'm assuming that my application was sent to Ottawa already, but I don't know how to check it.

A couple of questions. Is it normal to not get an AOR? Is it normal for me to not have an eCas status?

Thank you all!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Thanks everyone for your congrats! Felt like that e-mail was never gonna come (based on their lack of communication at all times). I'm glad we are at this point now.

For others who received their PPR, how many days did you have to get your passport to the VO?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amoss said:
Thanks everyone for your congrats! Felt like that e-mail was never gonna come (based on their lack of communication at all times). I'm glad we are at this point now.

For others who received their PPR, how many days did you have to get your passport to the VO?
It used to be a matter of days. These days it's much more hit and miss so don't count your chickens quite yet ;)

When was the medical?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pigey said:
Ottawa has replaced Buffalo so once step 1 is approved your file was sent to Ottawa. Usually if they forward it to a satellite office they will let you know either through an AOR (or when they need something).

It really doesn't make a difference, though, since Ottawa is still the VO 'responsible' for the file. For example, Buffalo used to do the background checks for all US offices and would send files to other VO if workflow warranted it (across all the different application streams). If you need to send anything to them, just send it to Ottawa.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rose2D2 said:
So, I just stumbled upon this website, and man do I wish I had seen this before we applied. There is a serious wealth of information here and you guys are awesome for answering so many questions.

So here is where we are. I'm an American, and my husband is Canadian, and we live apart. Mississauga received our application on March 27th, 2012 according to his eCas status (Nothing comes up when we try to enter my info). He received the email of approval of his eligibility on June 22nd. I don't think either of us ever received an AOR. I'm assuming that my application was sent to Ottawa already, but I don't know how to check it.

A couple of questions. Is it normal to not get an AOR? Is it normal for me to not have an eCas status?

Thank you all!
e-Case is notoriously not reliable. However, sponsorship approvals have been showing up.

What shows up when you try logging in with the sponsor's last name and his UCI number (from the approval letter), his DOB, etc? What about if you use your last name (as applicant) and your file number and DOB, etc?

Also, I am not aware of anyone receiving an AOR from Ottawa for step 2 yet. Either they are working very quitely behind the scenes or there is some sort of hold going on (e.g., recruiting, training, waiting for files to show up, many possibilities...)