Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey everyone, my ecas just recently changed from application received to "in process since April 13th". Anyone know how long a case will stay in process averagely until "decision made" and COPR? Just curious and excited.

oconnoec

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Medical
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 16, 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Already in canada on temp work visa... hopefully PR landing soon!
Tootarsh14 said:
Hey everyone, my ecas just recently changed from application received to "in process since April 13th". Anyone know how long a case will stay in process averagely until "decision made" and COPR? Just curious and excited.
Mine was "in process" for about a week before it said "decision made." I have been waiting about 12 days since I saw the "decision made" on ecas and still have not received correspondence (hopefully COPR!) in the mail yet.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oconnoec said:
Mine was "in process" for about a week before it said "decision made." I have been waiting about 12 days since I saw the "decision made" on ecas and still have not received correspondence (hopefully COPR!) in the mail yet.
Hope you get it soon. If it says Decision Made and you haven't heard from them you will most likely be getting that nondescript brown envelope soon!

AmericanGirlinLove

Dec 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
File Transfer...
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-04-2015
ECAS changed from Application Received to In process on March 3, 2015
ECAS Changed from In process to decision made on April 21, 2015
COPR mailed out on April 17, 2015

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Wow, so I was here about a year ago. :p

My husband is now on his way to the police department to get fingerprinted so we can get his background check done.

First steps! Happy and oh-so-very stressed!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LN13 said:
Wow, so I was here about a year ago. :p

My husband is now on his way to the police department to get fingerprinted so we can get his background check done.

First steps! Happy and oh-so-very stressed!
Super cool.

May you see the following soon:

AmericanGirlinLove said:
;D 8)

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
AmericanGirlinLove said:
Hi AmericanGirlInLove! :)

Was wondering how did you know that your COPR was mailed out on April 17?

They changed my status to decision made today! Im really so giddy! When could they have probably sent out mine? Cant wait for this to be officially over!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcorbin said:

They changed my status to decision made today! Im really so giddy! When could they have probably sent out mine? Cant wait for this to be officially over!
Since it's nearing 5pm on the Eastern coast, I'll step in ... she probably called the call centre (unless she got an e-mail from CPP-O) ;)

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
OhCanadiana said:
Since it's nearing 5pm on the Eastern coast, I'll step in ... she probably called the call centre (unless she got an e-mail from CPP-O) ;)
Haha! Was thinking the same thing. Im trying hard not to call right now just to know when they sent out mine. I already called last Tuesday and this isnt really an urgent matter. Lol ...or should I? Hmmmmm

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcorbin said:
Haha! Was thinking the same thing. Im trying hard not to call right now just to know when they sent out mine. I already called last Tuesday and this isnt really an urgent matter. Lol ...or should I? Hmmmmm
I'm usually a proponent of minimizing use of resources so CIC can hurry up with folk's application, but what the heck ... go for it! Tell us :) Celebrate :)

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
OhCanadiana said:
I'm usually a proponent of minimizing use of resources so CIC can hurry up with folk's application, but what the heck ... go for it! Tell us :) Celebrate :)
I think I'm gonna wait it out. Getting thru CIC is a pain in the neck anyways. :p And its going to be a huge surprise when we get my COPR in the mail. =)) not really a complete surprise, but still.. Hope it arrives soooon!

AmericanGirlinLove

Dec 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
File Transfer...
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-04-2015
kcorbin said:

OhCanadiana is right. My husband and I called because he was so happy and he just had to know... I tried to tell him not to bother them but he couldn't wait one more week. lol

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
I keep checking the spreadsheet for Ottawa and see that there have been no PR approvals granted for applications received in the past ten months (since July 2014). Previous decisions seem to have been granted in around 6-7 months. Is there some sort of moratorium going on that we don't know about? We will be driving 3000 miles from one side of the continent to the other with two small animals, and can't risk snow in the mountains after about mid-October with our compact car. My spouse will have to give notice at her job and with her landlord, so if we don't get a decision by mid-August, we'll have to wait until the Spring of 2016 to make the trek. This waiting is getting so expensive for us, with cross-continental airfare several times a year to be together, in addition to the emotional distress!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
VAtoBC said:
I keep checking the spreadsheet for Ottawa and see that there have been no PR approvals granted for applications received in the past ten months (since July 2014). Previous decisions seem to have been granted in around 6-7 months.
It seems to be a seasonal thing. It seems that the volume of applications increased after the summer. The process is emotionally difficult for everyone, unfortunately.

oconnoec

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Medical
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 16, 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Already in canada on temp work visa... hopefully PR landing soon!
VAtoBC said:
I keep checking the spreadsheet for Ottawa and see that there have been no PR approvals granted for applications received in the past ten months (since July 2014). Previous decisions seem to have been granted in around 6-7 months. Is there some sort of moratorium going on that we don't know about? We will be driving 3000 miles from one side of the continent to the other with two small animals, and can't risk snow in the mountains after about mid-October with our compact car. My spouse will have to give notice at her job and with her landlord, so if we don't get a decision by mid-August, we'll have to wait until the Spring of 2016 to make the trek. This waiting is getting so expensive for us, with cross-continental airfare several times a year to be together, in addition to the emotional distress!
I completely understand! It is very frustrating. I applied August 13th and my PR decision was mailed out April 13th (just received in the mail yesterday, April 21). Exactly 8 months from start to finish. We submitted everything upfront (medicals, police checks, etc) and it still took 8 months. I have a feeling anyone from last summer who applied will hopefully hear shortly on their application! Keep your hopes up, i'm sure it will happen for you soon :) It is very frustrating waiting for ecas to change from "app received" to "in process" to "decision made".