Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
KarlR said:
Hey sorry to cut in,but are you saying that an applicant can be covered by BC medical before they get their pr?

I am in BC right now living with my partner on a visitors visa.can I become covered by bc medical before I get my pr do you know?

Thanks!
Yes, like I said before as long as your sponsor has been approved you are covered through B.C medical; granted the three month waiting period. I am speaking from experience, I have been in BC now since March 2014, we are awaiting SA and as soon as we receive it MSP will grant my request for medical.

You apply, wait the three months, make sure you have SA and ties to Canada i.e. visitor record, proof you've been in B.C. Canada consecutively ex. Mail coming in your name to B.C address, financial ties, B.C. drivers license etc.

jsmcconnell12

Feb 12, 2015
Hi everyone, I can't seem to find this posted elsewhere so I was wondering if there was any info or support from others going through a case unique like ours.

I am Canadian, sponsoring my fiancee Outland from the US.
We applied as common-law.
My fiancee is technically a refugee in the US, he has asylum and a green card but does not hold a passport from his country of birth. He travels with an annual US Travel Document that has a 'passport number' but expires every year and isn't technically a passport.
We sent our application to Ottawa.
I was approved to be a sponsor July, 15, 2014.
His status online hasn't changed since July it says:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 5, 2013. note:(which isn't entirely accurate, we began filling out paperwork in March but didn't mail it until May, 2014)
Medical results have been received.

I guess I am wondering if it will be a problem that he is a refugee and not technically a citizen of anywhere anymore? Does this slow the process down? Has anyone sponsored their spouse as a refugee/asylum case outland from the U.S.? Did it go smoothly for you? Should I call and start asking around?

Any advice would be great, thanks!

WDWgirl2011

Nov 4, 2014
Hello everyone! My husband and I finally mailed out our application this past Saturday and now we are playing the waiting game ;D

I have one question, we are planning to visit my parents for a week in New York in April and we are planning to drive. would there be any problems with us driving in a car to the U.S. together? I am a U.S. citizen and he is a Canadian citizen and we'll be driving in his car that's under his name. Would we need to bring any specific documentation with us besides our passports? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
michminn said:
Yes, like I said before as long as your sponsor has been approved you are covered through B.C medical; granted the three month waiting period. I am speaking from experience, I have been in BC now since March 2014, we are awaiting SA and as soon as we receive it MSP will grant my request for medical.

You apply, wait the three months, make sure you have SA and ties to Canada i.e. visitor record, proof you've been in B.C. Canada consecutively ex. Mail coming in your name to B.C address, financial ties, B.C. drivers license etc.
You were eligible as soon as CIC received your application for PR, but...they don't seem to really understand their own process. Sadly, only a fraction of those that apply before AIP win their arguments.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
michminn said:

That's great news!thanks michminn!

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
You were eligible as soon as CIC received your application for PR, but...they don't seem to really understand their own process. Sadly, only a fraction of those that apply before AIP win their arguments.
I wish I knew how they won there arguments because I have tried everything!

NYC2CANADA

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Rochester
Category........
Visa Office......
Otawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
20-10-2015
Hello, I am having a hard time with the forms... there is a form 5669 and 5406 ( Background /declaration (IMM5669) and Additional Family Information (IMM5406).

In the Document Checklist says: You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy......

I have a 12 years old son that lives with her mother and is not coming with me to CAnada... do I need fill out these form for him?

Already put him on the General application form IMM 0008.

thanks!!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
NYC2CANADA said:
Hello, I am having a hard time with the forms... there is a form 5669 and 5406 ( Background /declaration (IMM5669) and Additional Family Information (IMM5406).

In the Document Checklist says: You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy......

I have a 12 years old son that lives with her mother and is not coming with me to CAnada... do I need fill out these form for him?

Already put him on the General application form IMM 0008.

thanks!!
I think you answered your own question. If it says "you and each of your family members 18 years of age OR OLDER must complete" then a 12 year old does not fall in that category. But maybe someone who had your situation can chime in.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
michminn said:

Oh that is amazing! I wish it worked that way in Ontario. Due to Ottawa taking their sweet time my medical coverage in the USA will end before i can get medical coverage in Canada :(

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
WDWgirl2011 said:
Hello everyone! My husband and I finally mailed out our application this past Saturday and now we are playing the waiting game ;D

I have one question, we are planning to visit my parents for a week in New York in April and we are planning to drive. would there be any problems with us driving in a car to the U.S. together? I am a U.S. citizen and he is a Canadian citizen and we'll be driving in his car that's under his name. Would we need to bring any specific documentation with us besides our passports? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
The US can be sticklers but usually you don't need anything to visit. My husband was asked for his return ticket back when we crossed by car because they knew I was staying in the USA and they wanted to know how he would get back home (we were in MY USA car). But since the car is his and registered in Canada I don't see a problem. For the return back I would bring proof that you submitted an application for PR just to be safe. You never know what the Canadian side will ask for. I have not been asked for anything crossing back to Canada twice after my PR application but I have nexus so it is a lot different for us.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
WDWgirl2011 said:

You shouldn't have a problem. I go the opposite way with different passports than my family. I cross into Canada with my Canadian passport while my husband and son cross with their American passports.

NYC2CANADA

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Rochester
Category........
Visa Office......
Otawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
20-10-2015
I am lookng a the procesing times, I am US citizen and live in NY, my visa should be issues by the New york office, is not showing anyting just a "-"... anyone knows what that means?

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
NYC2CANADA said:
I am lookng a the procesing times, I am US citizen and live in NY, my visa should be issues by the New york office, is not showing anyting just a "-"... anyone knows what that means?
Visa's are not processed in NY. Presently, American citizens are processed in Ottawa, and the average time is 6-8 months.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Passport Question/Name change/

Does anyone know how long it takes CIC to update a name change in there system? I called today but they said they didn't have the updated information yet. I faxed it to Miss. per this email.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Update Personal Information - CPC-Mississauga

To update your personal information while your sponsorship application is in process, you can notify us by email.

An update in your personal information could include:
• A change in marital status;
• The birth of a child;
• Criminal charges against you;
• A change of employer;
• Etc.

In your email, please provide the Sponsor’s:
• Name;
• Date of birth; and
• UCI Number/Application Number.

If you are unable to send your information via email, you can mail/fax it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario. Please find below the contact information for the CPC:

General Mailing address

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier Address

CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Fax: (905) 803-7392

If you change your contact information, you must let us know immediately through our Online services.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful: •Download application forms and guides
•Change of address
•Check your application status
•Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Veronica
Agent #3811
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the CIC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
michminn said:
Passport Question/Name change/

Does anyone know how long it takes CIC to update a name change in there system? I called today but they said they didn't have the updated information yet. I faxed it to Miss. per this email.
your profile says your application is in ottawa. if that's the case, then why are you sending updates to mississauga. you want to be sending updated name information to the visa office that has your application.