+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US green card and Canadian PR at the same time

aurora2018

Dec 8, 2018
Is it possible to have both at the same time? Is there anyone here who has the same personal experience or maybe knew someone that is in the same situation? I was just wondering if its possible.
I am curious how people would respond. I also posted sth. It has been an emotional toll on me, not knowing which one I would end up this was not the life I planned for myself, but it happened because of some mistakes, not having a lawyer, etc, and the future for me is so uncertain. as much as I am thinking I can't really think of a way. there were some articles stating that if you are in the armed force or your husband or wife, I guess Canadian, and they have to live in the US you wouldn't lose your PR cuz of absence.
However US green card rules are MUCH more strict. If CBP feel you are no longer residing in the USA, they can begin process at their own discretion to revoke your green card regardless of your actual residency days in

i have already to years residency in usa i need 3 more years for citizenship and know im waiting for canadian pr

i dont know how to keep them both any solution i will really appreciate

how i can deal with cbp and canadian border police
thank you
Hello, This post is old but if you are still on the website can you please share some advice on what happened? were you able to keep both countries residency? I am really having a hard time not knowing what to do. I so stayed in North America that I have no other places to go though always liked to live in Europe and there is no going back for me. I am always worried about what to do to not be removed from the border or revoked. I don't know how to keep the minimum PR of Canada

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am curious how people would respond. I also posted sth. It has been an emotional toll on me, not knowing which one I would end up this was not the life I planned for myself, but it happened because of some mistakes, not having a lawyer, etc, and the future for me is so uncertain. as much as I am thinking I can't really think of a way. there were some articles stating that if you are in the armed force or your husband or wife, I guess Canadian, and they have to live in the US you wouldn't lose your PR cuz of absence.

Hello, This post is old but if you are still on the website can you please share some advice on what happened? were you able to keep both countries residency? I am really having a hard time not knowing what to do. I so stayed in North America that I have no other places to go though always liked to live in Europe and there is no going back for me. I am always worried about what to do to not be removed from the border or revoked. I don't know how to keep the minimum PR of Canada
It is absolutely possible to maintain the residency requirements for both, but it's not easy. As discussed, the PR R.O. is far more generous/relaxed in comparison.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018

If you have enough money to survive, it's more than easy. Buy two house which is very close to each other but seperated by international border line...lots of this closing communities you can choose...have your lunch in Canada and diner in US