+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
@swan0206 Help me understand here please...

If they want a follow up interview after reviewing my Dropbox application in Toronto Consulate, should i have to schedule one ? or would they facilitate a date for me to attend ? because if it means me scheduling, why even go through this painful of a format called 'dropbox'..
If they want to call for interview, how long do they take to communicate this ?

Mine is a H1b Transfer/extension to a new employer and i didn't send my I140 which tells why i got h1 beyond 6 years(but they should be able to see that much in. their database though) plus i'm in canada as a PR from almost 3 years now...i think all the complications made some young officer irritable..

also Refused means it has more chances of going to 221G right ? never heard a case where it went from Refused to AP or approved etc..

Last edited:

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM

If they want a follow up interview after reviewing my Dropbox application in Toronto Consulate, should i have to schedule one ? or would they facilitate a date for me to attend ? because if it means me scheduling, why even go through this painful of a format called 'dropbox'..

Mine is a H1b Transfer/extension to a new employer and i didn't send my I140 which tells why i got h1 beyond 6 years(but they should be able to see that much in. their database though) plus i'm in canada as a PR from almost 3 years now...i think all the complications made some young officer irritable..
First of all you have to personally look for an in person interview schedule date keep on checking for a early date , i think they change it to verify your physical passport and pr card to put into the system , they keep on asking what's your status in Canada , every section you go .

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
First of all you have to personally look for an in person interview schedule date keep on checking for a early date , i think they change it to verify your physical passport and pr card to put into the system , they keep on asking what's your status in Canada , every section you go .
i don't understand. they already have my original passport and have my PR card copy as they requested. that part is already established that im a canadian PR. am i missing something ? sorry!!

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
My wife has an appointment for B1 visitor visa next month. Would I be able to go in with her as her English skills are not strong enough or is there normally a translator they use? Anyone know what questions are asked?

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi guys! a question regarding documents translation - currently I do have the following:
1. the original document;
2. a certified translation of the original;
3. a certified copy of the original document - a copy certified both by a notary public and a translator? or translator only?
thank you in advance.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

also Refused means it has more chances of going to 221G right ? never heard a case where it went from Refused to AP or approved etc..
Thats right. Not sure why are they following this kinda long procedure. But it is what it is. It varies anytime between 2-4 weeks i guess. Also you need to schedule an interview, i didn't see anyone who got this option to appear for interview given interview by the consulate itself. You can check with customer support folks though.

Hope you already had got the approval. If not, i rarely heard that H1bs getting a 221g here in Canada recently. So i suppose you would be either getting it changed to AP or direct approval. Please update.

Also, i read people saying only send what is asked for. Do not send any extra docs.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
My wife has an appointment for B1 visitor visa next month. Would I be able to go in with her as her English skills are not strong enough or is there normally a translator they use? Anyone know what questions are asked?
Very genric.
What do you do.
Where do you work(if working).
Whats the purpose of you travel.
Whats your status in Canada.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Very genric.
What do you do.
Where do you work(if working).
Whats the purpose of you travel.
Whats your status in Canada.

Figured since this for H-1B may not be same. I don't work or live in States, Citizen of Canada and just want to go visit US for family and wife has PR card and got B2 appointment. First time and curious if I would be able to accompany here.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
i don't understand. they already have my original passport and have my PR card copy as they requested. that part is already established that im a canadian PR. am i missing something ? sorry!!
hi @Newbie here ,

My wife and daughter's status is refused, may I know what happend to you application, This will be really helpful if you can help me understand the process.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
The current status of my application is shown as Refused. And there is an explanation below on the status.

"A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Toronto."
Hi @chemrea

Hope you are doing well. May I know if you visa was approved, what all the steps you have taken to make sure the that it moved to next steps.

MY wife and daughter's status shows exactly as yours as of today.

I would greatly appreciate your help today if you can send in the details sooner.

Sentraj

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
hi @Newbie here ,

My wife and daughter's status is refused, may I know what happend to you application, This will be really helpful if you can help me understand the process.
@swan0206 I know you have been active member of this forum and been helping and giving hope for many,

Could you please help in my case, where my wife(H1) and Daughters(H4) status in DS 160 shows refused,
submitted all needed document along with that employment, Pay stub recent we also attached, Did not keep LCA or client letter, affidavit from Employer to recommend them for stamping. These all were submitted.

Sentraj.

Avi_Mathur

May 21, 2018
@sentraj If you used the visa interview waiver program (dropbox), the CO may ask the applicants to appear for an in-person appointment. If the status is showing refused after the visa interview, this is potentially a 221g case. Wait for the e-mail from the consulate in that case.