+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
My applicaton is updated to application received and I sent to simon st. Docs delivered on Nov 28
Nice! Can you provide some more details? You shipped in your passport and it arrived on November 28th? Now your CEAC has updated to "Received" ? Did they send you an email update on when you can expect your passport back?

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
food for thought... choose your dropbox location to be Halifax or some remote place in Canada so processing gets done faster and not the major centres such as Toronto, Vancouver...

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
Quick update today. My CEAC portal has said "Case Last Updated: November 3rd" for over a month. I did submit my passport on November 28th.

Today, it still says "Administrative Processing" but now "Case Last Updated: 09-Dec-2022"

Not sure what the update is, as the status is still the same... however I (think) it could be a good sign? Maybe that's confirmation that they've received my documents.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
would there be any updates on Saturday ? for DROPBOX...i'm expecting 'application received' status at-least. As per canadapost docs received by toronto US consular mailroom on Dec 7th.

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
My case is approved
Docs sent to toronto on 27
delivere 28
case received on dec 8
approved dec 12
Nice - yours got approved today too? interesting, my document delivered on November 28th as well. Let's keep eachother posted when it turns from Approved to Issued. Also, if you wouldn't mind letting me know when you get the email with the tracking number, I'll do the same.

Reactions: visatalkay

Ozzyyy

Dec 25, 2021
Hi Guys, my visa (B1/B2) has been refused even though I am a Canadian PR and I got it before. They asked me to schedule an appointment at the Toronto consulate. However, I was shocked when I realized that there are no appointments available until October 2023, is this normal, or what is going on? Can anyone advise what to do?
Did they email you and tell you to book an appointment when you saw the refused status?

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
O1 Visa Update:

Oct 3rd: Administrative Processing
Nov 3rd: Request to submit Passport for visa issuance
Nov 28th: Passport delivered at the Consular Section (225 Simcoe)
Dec 9th: Ghost update
Dec 12th: Admin Processing --> Approved
Dec 15th: Approved --> Issued

Waiting on tracking number and will update when I've finally received my passport. Good luck to everyone!! Deep breathes and remain patient, eventually it will work out.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
@saaammm does O1 visa go through a process diff than H1bs ? Your timeline is way off.. My H1b extension docs were delivered by Canadapost on Dec 7th and im still in 'No Status'. Can you ball park a date for me to at-least when i may see 'documents received' please...?

also anyone with same timeline as me ?

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
@saaammm does O1 visa go through a process diff than H1bs ? Your timeline is way off.. My H1b extension docs were delivered by Canadapost on Dec 7th and im still in 'No Status'. Can you ball park a date for me to at-least when i may see 'documents received' please...?

also anyone with same timeline as me ?
I should clarify - I had my visa interview on October 3rd, when I was refused for AP. At that time, I already had an approved petition. The only "addtional documents" they asked for was: "my passport for visa issuance"

To answer your question, to be conservative, I would expect 10 business days from when the documents arrive at the consulate

Reactions: Newbie here

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
So many refusals for Dropbox now. Hopefully, they are not doing just some random refusal.
I am in the same boat and No Status since 1 week
So many refusals for Dropbox now. Hopefully, they are not doing just some random refusal.
I am in the same boat and No Status since 1 week
Im expecting its for either first-time H1 stamping or first-time Canada as their Visa location or might be randomly based on the docs they have provided just to buy sometime and regulate the flow. If they ask you to attend interview after dropping documents then its really a nightmare !