+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US CPT counts at work ex?

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Can you please tell me which link mentions CPT and its not being counted as skilled experience?
I was referring to the link shared by Appar. However, as someone pointed out earlier, for FSW class, CPT can be considered. However, it needs to be for at least one full year as a full time employee.

SJPLAMA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
hi,

I worked on CPT part time from Sep 2016 until end Dec 2017, it was related to school credit.
However, during this time I also worked fulltime in the summer for 13 weeks - which was not for school credit.

Can I claim all the hours worked, or only the fulltime ones, or none?
please help.

GetLucky8888

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
hi,

I worked on CPT part time from Sep 2016 until end Dec 2017, it was related to school credit.
However, during this time I also worked fulltime in the summer for 13 weeks - which was not for school credit.

Can I claim all the hours worked, or only the fulltime ones, or none?
please help.
Hi my friend, I'm also using CPT for work exp. Did you get your PPR yet?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I am also working on OPT, since Jan 2018 now.

So I can claim my current OPT time + 13 weeks from before of fulltime, would this be correct.
Thank you
Yes. For the FSW class, paid, skilled work experience is counted. However, you need one year of skilled work experience in the same NOC code to qualify.

If you've been working full time in one NOC on the OPT from Jan 18 - now, you have more than enough work experience to qualify. You don't need the CPT work, though of course you can add it if you like.

SJPLAMA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Yes. For the FSW class, paid, skilled work experience is counted. However, you need one year of skilled work experience in the same NOC code to qualify.

If you've been working full time in one NOC on the OPT from Jan 18 - now, you have more than enough work experience to qualify. You don't need the CPT work, though of course you can add it if you like.
This info is from last year, at the time we applied AOR nov 10 2018, i had only 11 months of work exp. The rest was on CPT. I got approved already.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This info is from last year, at the time we applied AOR nov 10 2018, i had only 11 months of work exp. The rest was on CPT. I got approved already.
Hah, I missed the date on the post. Well I hope you're enjoying the lovely Canadian weather right now. It's a beautiful day where I am.

pk21

Dec 15, 2019
Hi, yes I did get approved, waiting for passport return now.
My work experience was breaked down as:
11 months cpt part time
2.7 months cpt full time
11 months opt
Hi SJPLAMA,
i know you have clarified before, but requesting for a little more info/help here.

1. When you applied for AOR in 2018, Do you mean to say for a Particular NOC code YOU received 24.7 Months of Work experience? The break of which is as follows:
11 months cpt part time ( this was for school credit, alongside classes,>30 hours per week and paid, NOT for credit)
2.7 months cpt full time ( this was for school credit, no classes >30 hours per week and paid, FOR credit.)
11 months opt

2. What were the documents you provided to prove your CPT experience and did you have to provide 3 separate sets of documents for the break up?

Help greatly appreciated!