+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Citizen Marrying a Canadian Citizen in Canada.....HELP!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I and My Wife were looking into doing the Sponsorship but we both can't afford it with her being on Disability and I am Unemployed and she has the marriage certificate with her I don't have a copy of it cause we got it done before I had to Voluntary Leave Canada
- Spousal sponsorship is your most realistic way of moving to Canada
- You should get a job in the US so that you can pay for the application fees and other expenses related to the spousal sponsorship application
- Since your wife is on disability, it's also very important that you show that you are working or you may run into challenges getting the application approved and being able to move to Canada.

Reactions: armoured

jaybussi01

May 26, 2021
I am trying to look for work in the US but its Hard that is why i was trying to find a easy fast way to go back to Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am trying to look for work in the US but its Hard that is why i was trying to find a easy fast way to go back to Canada
There is no easy / fast way back to Canada.

The problem with returning back to Canada is that you will only be allowed into Canada as a visitor temporarily. You cannot move to Canada or live in Canada.

You and your wife MUST submit the spousal sponsorship application as soon as you can. You need to make this a priority. In order to do this, you will need to have the funds to cover the application fees, medical, and other items required to complete the application.

Also, since your wife is on ODSP, it's quite important that you be working. While someone on ODSP can in fact sponsor their spouse for PR, if the sponsored spouse (you, in this case) is not working, that significantly increases the chances of the application being refused. So again, very important that you be working and that you also have the money to cover the application fees. Since you're not legally entitled to work in Canada, the only realistic option I see for you at this time is to remain in the US for a while and work there.