Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hello everyone. I have a question. Is it required to land in the city and province of destination mentioned in COPR? I am from FSW outland stream.
Thanks in advance.
Nope, you can land anywhere, except in Quebec.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Hi everyone,

I received the PPR email today.

How many days will CIC take to return my passport? I am based in the U.S. and the return address will be in the U.S. as well.

Thanks in advance!

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I received the PPR email today.

How many days will CIC take to return my passport? I am based in the U.S. and the return address will be in the U.S. as well.

Thanks in advance!
Hi congrats! I got the PPR email on 7/31 and submitted my passport last week. My LVO is in LA. I"m guessing yours is in Ottawa? I haven't heard anything yet, but from what I've seen on some forums it could vary from a few days to about 2 weeks. I'm hoping mine is within a few days; keeping my fingers crossed of course :) looking out for the email notification. It seems, according to some threads, some people got the 'Approved' status on their profile page before the COPR was mailed out.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Hi congrats! I got the PPR email on 7/31 and submitted my passport last week. My LVO is in LA. I"m guessing yours is in Ottawa? I haven't heard anything yet, but from what I've seen on some forums it could vary from a few days to about 2 weeks. I'm hoping mine is within a few days; keeping my fingers crossed of course :) looking out for the email notification. It seems, according to some threads, some people got the 'Approved' status on their profile page before the COPR was mailed out.
That is great! Yes, I am based in LA too and my visa office is in Ottawa.
I believe two weeks is the most it should take. Thanks for the reply!

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

Is anyone familiar with the success of putting in a request to expedite passport processing along with the COPR? I’m freaking out a bit since I’ve a medical mission training and thé period to apply for a visa for thé training is fast approaching.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hi @Nqur, any updates? Still waiting on my end. It’s been 10 working days since my passport was delivered.
Have you logged in to your online profile to see if they've updated it to approved? They usually initiate the return of your documents very shortly (within a couple days) of that.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Have you logged in to your online profile to see if they've updated it to approved? They usually initiate the return of your documents very shortly (within a couple days) of that.
Yeah, I logged in and nothing has changed. :( The tracking hx on the mailed passport shows that it was delivered on August 8th. I'm not sure what happens between the time of receipt to the COPR processing and visa stamping. My visa office is in Los Angeles, and there're fewer threads on the processing time from PPR to COPR for the office than there are for LVOs like Ottawa. So I don't have much to go by, to get an estimate besides looking at the ones from Ottawa. Did you get yours already?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Yeah, I logged in and nothing has changed. :( The tracking hx on the mailed passport shows that it was delivered on August 8th. I'm not sure what happens between the time of receipt to the COPR processing and visa stamping. My visa office is in Los Angeles, and there're fewer threads on the processing time from PPR to COPR for the office than there are for LVOs like Ottawa. So I don't have much to go by, to get an estimate besides looking at the ones from Ottawa. Did you get yours already?
I wonder if LA is a slower office :( I remember looking back on the records for CPC Ottawa on immitracker and all through last year their passport processing time was several weeks. Might be that LA will also take a couple weeks.

I'm waiting for my CoPR to be delivered... They just shipped it yesterday, but now it's stuck in customs for "invalid country of origin", and the fellow I spoke with on the phone thought it was a bit weird. Idk. If they send it back to CPC Ottawa, fine, just do it now rather than making me wait even longer. I've had so much stress dealing with this, I just want it to be done. :(

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I wonder if LA is a slower office :( I remember looking back on the records for CPC Ottawa on immitracker and all through last year their passport processing time was several weeks. Might be that LA will also take a couple weeks.

I'm waiting for my CoPR to be delivered... They just shipped it yesterday, but now it's stuck in customs for "invalid country of origin", and the fellow I spoke with on the phone thought it was a bit weird. Idk. If they send it back to CPC Ottawa, fine, just do it now rather than making me wait even longer. I've had so much stress dealing with this, I just want it to be done. :(
Did you send it through fedex or ups? That's weird. I sent mine through ups and it was fine. I'm freaking out and pretty stressed, but mostly because I don't know if the passport will be returned in time to attend a medical mission that requires a visa to get into the country. :(

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Did you send it through fedex or ups? That's weird. I sent mine through ups and it was fine. I'm freaking out and pretty stressed, but mostly because I don't know if the passport will be returned in time to attend a medical mission that requires a visa to get into the country. :(
The return label is from FedEx. I thought I did it right but I must have messed something up when I was making the label. :/

You can try emailing your office (maybe there's an email in your PPR notice) and see if they'll respond to that. I had to email CPC Ottawa to let them know that my documents would take a long time to arrive and I got a response in about 2 days.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
The return label is from FedEx. I thought I did it right but I must have messed something up when I was making the label. :/

You can try emailing your office (maybe there's an email in your PPR notice) and see if they'll respond to that. I had to email CPC Ottawa to let them know that my documents would take a long time to arrive and I got a response in about 2 days.
hmm... did you indicate the contents of the package? I know at UPS, the rep insisted that I indicate it was a passport. Maybe that would have helped. I've no idea though.I hope they sort it out soon!

Yeah I feel really bad, because I freaked out, and I contacted the visa office multiple times last week and this week. I read somewhere, where someone emailed the visa officer once. Unfortunately, the visa officer didn't read her message until a few days before her flight. So she had to cancel. So I thought I would take it up a notch, just in case the first email was missed. I'm thinking of also sending a fax. Maybe it will help?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
hmm... did you indicate the contents of the package? I know at UPS, the rep insisted that I indicate it was a passport. Maybe that would have helped. I've no idea though.I hope they sort it out soon!

Yeah I feel really bad, because I freaked out, and I contacted the visa office multiple times last week and this week. I read somewhere, where someone emailed the visa officer once. Unfortunately, the visa officer didn't read her message until a few days before her flight. So she had to cancel. So I thought I would take it up a notch, just in case the first email was missed. I'm thinking of also sending a fax. Maybe it will help?
I don't even remember what I listed as the contents when I made the label-- it was almost a month ago. :eek: I've been on the phone with FedEx twice now this morning giving them additional information. It's not my passport, thankfully, but I've at least been telling them it's immigration documents in the calls.

Unfortunately I don't know what more you can do in your case! We are kind of at their mercy when it comes to these things.

Reactions: villavittoria

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
I have a very weird question. Are there any negative implications of applying for a credit card after your e-APR? So if i decide to apply and have a new credit card right after e-APR, I, obviously, will not have it declared in the POF (since i applied after e-APR). So will CIC come back saying you got, say, 5 credit cards but you submitted no balance letters for only 4 of them?