+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
thanks! I'm thinking of option 1, since I'm kinda making my way through west african countries. I'm not in one place for more than a month. So I'm leaning towards sending the passport directly to my cousin's address so that way she could include the USPS return envelope.
Do you not need your passport to make your way through west African countries?

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Do you not need your passport to make your way through west African countries?
totally had a dumb moment. I realized this morning that I still need a passport to move around. So regardless, it won't make a difference. However I still went with option 1, because the closest VAC to me is the Canadian embassy in Ghana. From what I've heard, the processing time is quite long just to get the COPR. So I'll take my chances and mail it to the U.S. instead and stay put until I get it back.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for the feedback I've received on this platform. It's been quite valuable. I'm in another conundrum. I'm scheduled to attend a training session in Europe late next month. If all goes well, then I hope to get my COPR in a few weeks and head to Canada to search for a place at least and get the basic stuff done- setting up a bank account. However if I do that and leave Canada before the card arrives, I would have only 2 options (return by land or by sea) right? That would mean coming through the U.S. right? For that, I would need to apply for a U.S. visitor visa since I no longer live in the U.S. nor do I hold any visa there. The option is to wait until the end of the training, some time in October, and head to Canada. However I would need to return to West Africa, since the organization is paying for a return ticket and not for a multiple city type of ticket. Has anyone had any experience with receiving the permanent resident card in less than a month? I also thought of having a friend mail the card to me while on the training, but I worry that it might not be ready by the end of the training.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for the feedback I've received on this platform. It's been quite valuable. I'm in another conundrum. I'm scheduled to attend a training session in Europe late next month. If all goes well, then I hope to get my COPR in a few weeks and head to Canada to search for a place at least and get the basic stuff done- setting up a bank account. However if I do that and leave Canada before the card arrives, I would have only 2 options (return by land or by sea) right? That would mean coming through the U.S. right? For that, I would need to apply for a U.S. visitor visa since I no longer live in the U.S. nor do I hold any visa there. The option is to wait until the end of the training, some time in October, and head to Canada. However I would need to return to West Africa, since the organization is paying for a return ticket and not for a multiple city type of ticket. Has anyone had any experience with receiving the permanent resident card in less than a month? I also thought of having a friend mail the card to me while on the training, but I worry that it might not be ready by the end of the training.
Dude, you are seriously complicating these things. PR cards take at least a couple of months to arrive. Photos are routinely rejected and that makes it even longer. If you land in Canada and then leave, be prepared to not return until you get your PR card. Do you have any permanent address where your friend can mail the PR card or are you a nomad?

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Any US based applicant who gave an affidavit?

Here notary just want to you to print out the affidavit and they Notarize it . Is that acceptable to CIC since it is not on any stamp paper.

It will just have the notary stamp but not like the indian stamp paper

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Any US based applicant who gave an affidavit?

Here notary just want to you to print out the affidavit and they Notarize it . Is that acceptable to CIC since it is not on any stamp paper.

It will just have the notary stamp but not like the indian stamp paper
Yes, I did. And yes, the regular notary stamp that is done in the US is fine.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@villavittoria , look into a PRTD. You can use that to fly back to Canada as a PR without a PR card. It's not too expensive and should give you the flexibility you need.
PRTDs can take quite some time to get processed as well, be sure to check the processing time.

Or, wait to land in Canada until you are are ready to stay put...

Reactions: villavittoria

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Hi Everyone,

Its so good to connect here. I have a quick question. I have a new passport since 1st Dec 2017 since the old on expired. My US visa is on the old one. However, in my EE profile, I have just added the new passport since it didnt allow me to add the expired one. In the documents section for Passport, should I add the US visa from old passport at the end of the PDF as well?

Help is appreciated!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi Everyone,

Its so good to connect here. I have a quick question. I have a new passport since 1st Dec 2017 since the old on expired. My US visa is on the old one. However, in my EE profile, I have just added the new passport since it didnt allow me to add the expired one. In the documents section for Passport, should I add the US visa from old passport at the end of the PDF as well?

Help is appreciated!
Yes, I would recommend including a scan of your old passport in the documents section for Passport

Reactions: kalebhushan

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hello everyone. I have a question. Is it required to land in the city and province of destination mentioned in COPR? I am from FSW outland stream.
Thanks in advance.