+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

Magot111

Jul 25, 2018
US
CSE will do it, don't worry. Missing pages is not that big a deal, but wrong pictures could have been a problem.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I called yesterday stating that I uploaded the wrong docs and the agent put a note in my file stating that I did upload all pages of my passport and new pictures. I've read that pictures are not a factor for rejection but corrected the error anyways to make it easy for the officers reviewing my case. I'll keep you posted of what comes next.

perpetualROH

Feb 21, 2018
Hi,

All the H1b applicants on this forum applying for PR, how are you planning to manage your tax liabilities? I am planning to continue my job in USA for a year or two before moving to canada. For these two years would my income be taxable in canada as well?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi,

All the H1b applicants on this forum applying for PR, how are you planning to manage your tax liabilities? I am planning to continue my job in USA for a year or two before moving to canada. For these two years would my income be taxable in canada as well?
Nope. Canada taxes you if you are living or working in Canada. If you will be living and working only in the US, only having landed and gotten official PR status is not enough for you to be subject to tax in Canada.

Reactions: perpetualROH

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi! I know this is a pretty old post, but I have a quick question. Did IRCC ask for paystubs/proof of legal status and official transcripts from U.S. degrees earned? I've been in a bit of a limbo, and reading through the forum it seems my application is taking quite longer than expected. I too have lived in the U.S. for 14 years, as a student and then as a temporary worker (H1-B). I started the perm residency application in February 2018 but because I moved out of the U.S. shortly before applying, my application was sent to London and after gathering dust for 3 months it was decided that it was only logical to send my application to Los Angeles. So there really wasn't any movement on my application from March until July when I got the request for pay stubs and w2s in the past 3 years, proof of legal status in the U.S. for the past 5 years and official transcripts from all U.S. schools where the degrees were earned. I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal request and also why my application is taking soooo long. It's July now. I've submitted all the docs, but not sure how much longer I can wait for a response...
It's normal for all applications processed in London to take a very long time. So it's good yours now got sent to Los Angeles and has someone looking at it.

The request for paystubs and W-2s is normal. It is recommended to include those in the PR application from the beginning. They want proof of your compensation.

Having to supply proof of legal status in the US is also nothing unusual. They want to know that you have not been staying illegally and might not feel they have enough evidence from what you have submitted so far.

Transcripts, along with ECAs and degrees, should also have been submitted with your original PR application, so it's a normal request. It sounds like the documentation you submitted with your PR application might have been lacking.

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Any insights on Atlanta Consulate PCC timelines from anyone? How long does it take to get one?
I got it in Nov of last year thinking that this would take the longest. But, I was wrong. Since we had our passports renewed at this consulate, they gsve it the very same evening. I am not sure of the timelines if you didn't renew (/got a new issue) at the same consulate.

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Thanks Man.

Anybody here with NOC 2173 ?

I want to see what job duties to write in this NOC?
Get a good reply yet? If not, I can share what I got. It would be domain-specific though and my ex-employer eschewed my actual title for something more generic.

sujam

May 11, 2017
New Jersey
Hi Members,

Could you pls suggest how can I get the experience letter with job and responsibilities from my current employer based in USA? And what to do if they don't have a policy of giving job and responsibilities in the required format?

Thanks,
Sushen

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi! I know this is a pretty old post, but I have a quick question. Did IRCC ask for paystubs/proof of legal status and official transcripts from U.S. degrees earned? I've been in a bit of a limbo, and reading through the forum it seems my application is taking quite longer than expected. I too have lived in the U.S. for 14 years, as a student and then as a temporary worker (H1-B). I started the perm residency application in February 2018 but because I moved out of the U.S. shortly before applying, my application was sent to London and after gathering dust for 3 months it was decided that it was only logical to send my application to Los Angeles. So there really wasn't any movement on my application from March until July when I got the request for pay stubs and w2s in the past 3 years, proof of legal status in the U.S. for the past 5 years and official transcripts from all U.S. schools where the degrees were earned. I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal request and also why my application is taking soooo long. It's July now. I've submitted all the docs, but not sure how much longer I can wait for a response...
Doesn't sound very normal to me, but I could be totally wrong.

I have never seen anyone being requested for proof of status. Since US and Canada share information, I'm not sure if they came across something for them to request this. While long processing times are normal in some cases, if you see anything above norms of your peer group from same visa office, then you might consider checking in on what's going on. You should apply for gcms notes and see what is going on with your application.

Transcripts request is also not normal. Degree certificate is the only mandatory thing for education, and it is the part of R10 check.. So if that's missing , then they'd have rejected your application as incomplete, and wouldn't be requesting it from you. Pay stubs and W2 are not mandatory documents too and I have feeling that they're requesting it to check your legal status rather than employment.

Also, what is your country of residence? They transfer applications to local visa office specifically if they need some background information on the local things like verifying employment or other background in that region. If you reside in London and if they've transferred it to US visa office, they are trying to more on your US stay.

Have you ever been out of status or overstayed because of things beyond your control by any chance? Or been out of work while on H1b? Do you have i94 for all of the time that you stayed?

Last edited:

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
It's normal for all applications processed in London to take a very long time. So it's good yours now got sent to Los Angeles and has someone looking at it.

The request for paystubs and W-2s is normal. It is recommended to include those in the PR application from the beginning. They want proof of your compensation.

Having to supply proof of legal status in the US is also nothing unusual. They want to know that you have not been staying illegally and might not feel they have enough evidence from what you have submitted so far.

Transcripts, along with ECAs and degrees, should also have been submitted with your original PR application, so it's a normal request. It sounds like the documentation you submitted with your PR application might have been lacking.
Thanks so much @trumprefugee! I submitted all the requested docs last week. Now just waiting and hoping f

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Doesn't sound very normal to me, but I could be totally wrong.

I have never seen anyone being requested for proof of status. Since US and Canada share information, I'm not sure if they came across something for them to request this. While long processing times are normal in some cases, if you see anything above norms of your peer group from same visa office, then you might consider checking in on what's going on. You should apply for gcms notes and see what is going on with your application.

Transcripts request is also not normal. Degree certificate is the only mandatory thing for education, and it is the part of R10 check.. So if that's missing , then they'd have rejected your application as incomplete, and wouldn't be requesting it from you. Pay stubs and W2 are not mandatory documents too and I have feeling that they're requesting it to check your legal status rather than employment.

Also, what is your country of residence? They transfer applications to local visa office specifically if they need some background information on the local things like verifying employment or other background in that region. If you reside in London and if they've transferred it to US visa office, they are trying to more on your US stay.

Have you ever been out of status or overstayed because of things beyond your control by any chance? Or been out of work while on H1b? Do you have i94 for all of the time that you stayed?
Thanks for this! I’ll order gcms notes to find out what’s going on. While on work visa, I was temporarily benched by my employment agency while waiting for another contract. However I was still receiving income. The benching was for a few weeks also. That could be it, but that was more than 5 years ago. So the docs they requested would show that I was working throughout that period. Would this be grounds for denial? If so, why would they wait for so long? Also the transcript request doesn’t make sense, unless they doubt the authenticity of the degree, right? This just makes me now wonder... maybe I’d move on from this and consider other options then. So the earlier gcms notes indicated that the applucation was re-distributed based on workload, but London wasn’t my residence then. It was just closer to my temp residence in west Africa. The London VO wrote in the notes that all of my work and educational history was in the US. So it was only logical to send it there. However there was no indication what the concerns were with the application. The lawyer who reviewed the notes also didn’t read anything alarming. The CIO had indicated a review was required for eligibility, without giving any reason and nothing was redacted. So I’m not sure. I’m just tired. I’ve spoken to lawyers about this and they’ve said IRCC has the discretion to request any docs while processing the application. So they don’t think it’s concerning... I don’t know what to think anymore. I’ll just order new gcms notes.

Last edited:

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for this! I’ll order gcms notes to find out what’s going on. While on work visa, I was temporarily benched by my employment agency while waiting for another contract. However I was still receiving income. The benching was for a few weeks also. That could be it, but that was more than 5 years ago. So the docs they requested would show that I was working throughout that period. Would this be grounds for denial? If so, why would they wait for so long? Also the transcript request doesn’t make sense, unless they doubt the authenticity of the degree, right? This just makes me now wonder... maybe I’d move on from this and consider other options then. So the earlier gcms notes indicated that the applucation was re-distributed based on workload, but London wasn’t my residence then. It was just closer to my temp residence in west Africa. The London VO wrote in the notes that all of my work and educational history was in the US. So it was only logical to send it there. However there was no indication what the concerns were with the application. The lawyer who reviewed the notes also didn’t read anything alarming. The CIO had indicated a review was required for eligibility, without giving any reason and nothing was redacted. So I’m not sure. I’m just tired. I’ve spoken to lawyers about this and they’ve said IRCC has the discretion to request any docs while processing the application. So they don’t think it’s concerning... I don’t know what to think anymore. I’ll just order new gcms notes.
I think bench is fine as long as you were getting paid in that period. Moreover your subsequent petitions had been approved, so I don't think it is of any worry.

If you are not aware of anything wrong in your profile, then you should not worry about this. Some cases are randomly taken for audit and they end up verifying every single thing in your application. W2 s are the alternate way of verifying employment in US without contacting an employer. Same goes to education with transcripts. So just submit them and relax. I really don't see any reason for you to be worried over this. Some just get unlucky to be subject to additional scrutiny even without any red flags in the application.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Everyone!

I got my PPR today! I just have one dilemma. The LA office has requested my passport, 2 passport sized photos with specifications and bio data to be sent to their office. However I'm currently out of the country. I left my US address as my mailing address, but informed them I wasn't in the country in previous messages. Since the email specified that the office can only send passports via USPS, I plan to mail my passport to my cousin who's in the US via UPS, so she can help me send it to them. Is this advisable? It seems this is the only way I can get the passport to the office. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi Everyone!

I got my PPR today! I just have one dilemma. The LA office has requested my passport, 2 passport sized photos with specifications and bio data to be sent to their office. However I'm currently out of the country. I left my US address as my mailing address, but informed them I wasn't in the country in previous messages. Since the email specified that the office can only send passports via USPS, I plan to mail my passport to my cousin who's in the US via UPS, so she can help me send it to them. Is this advisable? It seems this is the only way I can get the passport to the office. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats!

If you are outside the US for a while, you can ask to submit to the visa office near you by emailing the email address in the first paragraph of the PPR. Sometimes passports can get stuck in customs when mailing.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi Everyone!

I will advise emailing them to get your Visa office changed. It may add a couple of weeks to the process but much more peace of mind.

If you insist on staying with the same office, you have two options
1. Include prepaid USPS return label to your friend/relative's US address. Then they will forward it to you.
2. Include prepaid USPS return label to your foreign address directly. Customs forms may be required, and LA office will become aware of your change of address.
USPS labels can be printed online on their website. Have they asked for labels only or envelope too? Sending the passports to LA office can be done directly from your foreign location or through your friend/relative intermediary.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I will advise emailing them to get your Visa office changed. It may add a couple of weeks to the process but much more peace of mind.

If you insist on staying with the same office, you have two options
1. Include prepaid USPS return label to your friend/relative's US address. Then they will forward it to you.
2. Include prepaid USPS return label to your foreign address directly. Customs forms may be required, and LA office will become aware of your change of address.
USPS labels can be printed online on their website. Have they asked for labels only or envelope too? Sending the passports to LA office can be done directly from your foreign location or through your friend/relative intermediary.
thanks! I'm thinking of option 1, since I'm kinda making my way through west african countries. I'm not in one place for more than a month. So I'm leaning towards sending the passport directly to my cousin's address so that way she could include the USPS return envelope.