+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

jannie.shaylah

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hello,
I received POF from BoFA and it contains following informations in a table format.

Type of Account, Account Ending, 12 Months deposits, Current Balances, Average Balance, Date opened

is that it? Do I need to order a new one with more information or that works?

The statement is also in black and white.

Thank you,

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hello,
I received POF from BoFA and it contains following informations in a table format.

Type of Account, Account Ending, 12 Months deposits, Current Balances, Average Balance, Date opened

is that it? Do I need to order a new one with more information or that works?

The statement is also in black and white.

Thank you,
I used that letter along with six months online statements. No issues.

Reactions: jannie.shaylah

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Everyone,
wanted to know if we need to get FBI clearance certificate for a 4 month kid.. I checked forum and found a very old post where it was mentioned that we need it only for people more than 18 years so i should not need a certificate for my son. But wanted to confirm.

Can anyone please check and confirm?
You don't need any PCC for a month old kid :). One thing less to take care of. There is no placeholder for uploading this document. It will be self explanatory once you start uploading forms.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
We used photos from Walgreen's for our PR cards, and photo's from Sam's club for our COPR photos. My wife's 1st Walgreen's photo was rejected, but mine was fine. We used Walgreens a 2nd time and all was good.
Going to check with Walgreens first. Thanks for the help

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am first time applying for PR and trying to get medical exams to complete the application and my panel physicians have requested for my UCI number. I have found UCI number on my EE profile in the right hand corner though the format is somewhat different from what mentioned in IRCC website (instead of being 8 or 10 digits with hyphen, mine is a series of number start with CAN0000 + 8 digits).
So, is this the number we need to provide to the doctor?

Please help because not everyone got this number .

ee_candidate

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am first time applying for PR and trying to get medical exams to complete the application and my panel physicians have requested for my UCI number. I have found UCI number on my EE profile in the right hand corner though the format is somewhat different from what mentioned in IRCC website (instead of being 8 or 10 digits with hyphen, mine is a series of number start with CAN0000 + 8 digits).

The actual UCI number is generated after you pass your medicals I believe. You can provide the CAN*** number to your doctor but they don't really need it. They will attach your medical reports with your passport number

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
The actual UCI number is generated after you pass your medicals I believe. You can provide the CAN*** number to your doctor but they don't really need it. They will attach your medical reports with your passport number
Yeah Don't know why they need UCI number . I will provide CAN number. I hope this will not create any issue.

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi guys, I received my ITA last week and have started filling my application. I had couple questions, hope the experts could help me
1) I am in US on work visa for last 5 years, while I was born in India -> I hope my country of residence is USA isn't it ?
2) There is a field to enter First Language/Mother tongue -> should it be English or my mother tongue ?
3) I need to fill about my personal activity for last 10 years -> If i have a gap of 1 or 2 months between work or between studies and work, can I specify as 'Hunting for Job'
4) While filling travel history in last 10 years -> Do i need to fill all my US visits from India for work or is it the other way around ?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

You shouldn't be giving them any number, and passport number would be your only identifier for medicals. If they get a number to do medicals, they are not doing it right from an EE stand point. You should tell the clinic that the medicals need to be done for this category - 'Worker - Non EDE'. If they ask if you are going to work in Canada, just say yes.

Giving out UCI/IME is old method when CIC requests for medicals at the end of adjudicating application after assigning applicants that number, and it changed like 1.5 years back. The clinic staff is not aware of it, the doctor would actually know about this. Ask the front end staff to reach out to doctor and clarify this. I had this same problem and I had to push back a lot to get to them finally agree to without giving any number, and just with passport.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
You shouldn't be giving them any number, and passport number would be your only identifier for medicals. If they get a number to do medicals, they are not doing it right from an EE stand point. You should tell the clinic that the medicals need to be done for this category - 'Worker - Non EDE'. If they ask if you are going to work in Canada, just say yes.

Giving out UCI/IME is old method when CIC requests for medicals at the end of adjudicating application after assigning applicants that number, and it changed like 1.5 years back. The clinic staff is not aware of it, the doctor would actually know about this. Ask the front end staff to reach out to doctor and clarify this. I had this same problem and I had to push back a lot to get to them finally agree to without giving any number, and just with passport.
Thanks a lot Deepcur for the detailed information . Actually, I had a word with the staff and may be she was not aware of this. I will contact doctor now and clarify all this.

Once again thanks mate.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi guys, I received my ITA last week and have started filling my application. I had couple questions, hope the experts could help me
1) I am in US on work visa for last 5 years, while I was born in India -> I hope my country of residence is USA isn't it ?
--> Correct

2) There is a field to enter First Language/Mother tongue -> should it be English or my mother tongue ?
--> Mother Tongue

3) I need to fill about my personal activity for last 10 years -> If i have a gap of 1 or 2 months between work or between studies and work, can I specify as 'Hunting for Job'
--> Yes, during personal activity, all activities needs to be listed without any gap including periods of unemployment.

4) While filling travel history in last 10 years -> Do i need to fill all my US visits from India for work or is it the other way around ?
--> I believe the travel history needs to be given only for countries visited except your country or residence (USA) & home country (India). I dont exactly recall what E-APR requested me to provide when I submitted it but I dont think I ever entered travel details for all my travels between India and US.
See Inline!

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply PR from US and wanted to check a question around whether I should include my US born kid in the application.

I am looking for more generic information around what could be the pros/cons of applying for a PR for my kid who is a US citizen. Want to make sure that we are doing the right thing for him and not messing up with any of the US citizen rights and not causing more harm rather than benefits.

Should we include him in the application now or may be sometime in future when we finally decide to move to Canada for good. Which one could be the better option?

I think that since US and Canada both give dual citizenship so we should be fine in getting Canada PR and that would not hurt for him.

Can anyone please check and guide on this? I think many of us are in similar situation so wanted to understand some perspective from personal experiences.

Thank you !!

Regards,
Sachin.