+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Granted, we had a short stay but from what I saw so far, I can see why it gets compared to both there and Chicago. It felt more like NYC geographically (in size and how there are multiple areas some distance apart with high rises and such), but Chicago in appearance and cleanliness/shininess. Chicago definitely has a lot of neighborhoods but outside of their core, in connection with some lakefront areas, it's mostly low-rises and residential areas. Now hopefully Toronto doesn't prove me wrong by surprising me with NYC-style piles of trash bags on the sidewalks on our next visit :eek:!
Based on my short visit to both NYC & Toronto, I would say traffic is comparable, especially the way taxi cabs navigate. :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
What is the process if you land with a rental car from the US and return it in Canada? I've read somewhere on the forum that it is do-able. That's what I'm thinking about doing as I will move permanently whenever I do my landing.
Although I am a ways off from landing, I'm thinking of doing that as well, moving over in a rental car with my stuff when I do my landing.

Reactions: kynno

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,
My fiance is based in the US and is soon going to submit his EE application under FSW, in a week or two. I am already a PR and live in Canada. I want to know if we get married after he submits his PR application, do we have to notify the CIC? And if we do, since I am already a PR what happens? How much more longer does the process delay?

Experts please advise
Thanks

cowbeepbeep

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
Although I am a ways off from landing, I'm thinking of doing that as well, moving over in a rental car with my stuff when I do my landing.
I'm thinking of doing the same. I checked some random dates in the Spring and Summer and Alamo had some decent rates from Portland to Calgary and Toronto once I searched for some coupons.

Reactions: trumprefugee

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Hello friends,
My fiance is based in the US and is soon going to submit his EE application under FSW, in a week or two. I am already a PR and live in Canada. I want to know if we get married after he submits his PR application, do we have to notify the CIC? And if we do, since I am already a PR what happens? How much more longer does the process delay?

Experts please advise
Thanks
Notify, yes. No idea about the rest.

fbm110

Jun 9, 2017
Does anyone know what info we need to list for cars on the goods to follow list? Other than make, model, price? Do we need to carry our title with us?

cowbeepbeep

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
I haven't been following up on all the posts here recently, but I had a question. This may have been addressed earlier, so please bear with me. :)

My wife and I are planning to visit Toronto during Christmas and New Year, and apply for the PR card, SIN, bank accounts, cellphone number, etc, since that's the only time I have less work. We are planning to initially have her settle down and I'll join her later.

What I wanted to know is - can we drive back and forth between US and Canada via our personal vehicle before getting the PR card, using our COPRs ?

In case this is needed, I am on a visa in the US, not PR or citizen.

testNewPlace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
I'm thinking of doing the same. I checked some random dates in the Spring and Summer and Alamo had some decent rates from Portland to Calgary and Toronto once I searched for some coupons.
Hey.. mate from Portland! We are also from Portland area and planning to do landing as soon as we have our passports.

Got PPR last week and expect to get passport back by 25jan.

Looking for job opportunities now so that I can speed up my move.

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
I haven't been following up on all the posts here recently, but I had a question. This may have been addressed earlier, so please bear with me. :)

My wife and I are planning to visit Toronto during Christmas and New Year, and apply for the PR card, SIN, bank accounts, cellphone number, etc, since that's the only time I have less work. We are planning to initially have her settle down and I'll join her later.

What I wanted to know is - can we drive back and forth between US and Canada via our personal vehicle before getting the PR card, using our COPRs ?

In case this is needed, I am on a visa in the US, not PR or citizen.
Yes, you can enter Canada with personal vehicle using your COPR. I am assuming your US visa allows you to enter US freely.

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
I’m about to send my passport for COPR. Anyone here have a link about what needs to be done to do a soft landing?

Will probably fly into Vancouver in Feb of next year stay for a week or so and then return back to USA.

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Yes, you can enter Canada with personal vehicle using your COPR. I am assuming your US visa allows you to enter US freely.
Thanks ! This really helps. Yes, my visa (H1) does allow me to come freely into US. So we should be able to go in for the soft landing, come back and then go in again before our PR cards arrive. That's a big relief !

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I’m about to send my passport for COPR. Anyone here have a link about what needs to be done to do a soft landing?

Will probably fly into Vancouver in Feb of next year stay for a week or so and then return back to USA.
When you soft land, just make sure you have all passports, COPRs, list of goods accompanying, and list of goods to follow. I'd carry proof of funds as well, although it seems to be rare that they ask for it.

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
When you soft land, just make sure you have all passports, COPRs, list of goods accompanying, and list of goods to follow. I'd carry proof of funds as well, although it seems to be rare that they ask for it.
I’m not taking anything with me. Thinking of flying in. Do I need to do the Goods to follow bit on my first landing? Has anyone had experience amending/doing the goods to follow bit after getting their PR?

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys anyone here applying from the US who traveled to Canada before for a work project? So my fiance, is just about to submit his application and I know we don't need to submit the RCMP upfront until the CIC asks for it. But I was wondering if we should apply for it and be ready with it in any case so that we can submit it immediately when they ask for it after they start processing our application.

Anyone done this before?
Can someone share their thoughts please.

Thanks