+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

sinabagh

Nov 24, 2017
Hey folks,
this is my first time posting but I have been reading this thread for a while now. I have a question that I thought some of you may be able to answer.
After a couple of months of preparation (taking IELTS and receving ECA reports) I finally submitted my Express Entry profile last night and within only a few minutes, I got "We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool, you do not meet the minimum criteria".
I have checked the "come to Canada tool" bunch of times in the past and everytime I did so, It showed that I am eligible. Plus, I calculated my points using (https://www.canadavisa.com/crs-evaluate.html) multiple times and it resulted in 476 points every time.
I am wondering what am I doing wrong here.

I got 4 years of work experience in US (Engineering in pharma).
30 years Old.
BS in Chemical Eng, MS in Environmental Eng(From U.S), MS in Management (from U.S) all confirmed by ECA,
IELTS 8.5 (R 9, S 9, L 8.5, W 8).

any help is much appreciated.

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Hey folks,
this is my first time posting but I have been reading this thread for a while now. I have a question that I thought some of you may be able to answer.
After a couple of months of preparation (taking IELTS and receving ECA reports) I finally submitted my Express Entry profile last night and within only a few minutes, I got "We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool, you do not meet the minimum criteria".
I have checked the "come to Canada tool" bunch of times in the past and everytime I did so, It showed that I am eligible. Plus, I calculated my points using (https://www.canadavisa.com/crs-evaluate.html) multiple times and it resulted in 476 points every time.

30 years Old.
BS in Chemical Eng, MS in Environmental Eng(From U.S), MS in Management (from U.S) all confirmed by ECA,

Sorry to hear. Based only on what you have listed here, you should have met the basic requirements, unless they changed something in the criteria, which I haven't heard anything about. What did you put as your destination for settling in Canada? If you select Quebec, that's generally one of those that makes you ineligible.

sinabagh

Nov 24, 2017
Sorry to hear. Based only on what you have listed here, you should have met the basic requirements, unless they changed something in the criteria, which I haven't heard anything about. What did you put as your destination for settling in Canada? If you select Quebec, that's generally one of those that makes you ineligible.
Thanks for the response. I put Ontario and British Columbia as my preferences.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Hey folks,

30 years Old.

Are you reporting sufficient settlement funds?

JERiv

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Texas
So quick update: It actually went better than we expected! I think letting them know a day ahead of time before we got there helped a lot. And I think there's a slight chance they had already guessed something was up. Either my young daughters had mentioned something, or they had already decided 3 trips in a year to Canada likely meant something, or the large "Vancouver Canada" poster in my home office I've had since January was a giveaway.

Thanksgiving Day itself was a case study in "how to avoid a subject by everyone at a dinner". We are all so accustomed to avoiding politics and religion that it kind of came as second nature to everyone. This morning, my wife and I purposely brought it up to at least make sure we talked a bit about it, so that they could ask any questions or air concerns they had. My parents, brother and SIL essentially said something to the effect that although they have their own opinions on the matter, we're all adults and it was our decision to make. That's not exactly supportive, but I'll take it. :)

Oh, and there were the usual anecdotal horror stories interspersed through conversation about "socialized medicine" in other countries. One particular story about a hip replacement wait was a bit lame. But those could just as easily have been unrelated to our plans, because they commonly mention things like this all the time. This morning's London false terror alert (they appear to track international news now for anything related to Muslims... either that or they just saw a Fox News alert or something like that... :rolleyes:) was another instance for my dad to make a comment about how all Muslim are bad. Sigh.....

And I did bring up the Trudeau tattoo joke at one point because it was kind of tense. The looks I got... it was worth it. :D I personally think it helped ease the tension, but my wife just thinks it was a bad joke. No regrets either way!!! :)

testNewPlace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
It’s been 3 weeks today.. I have no updates what so ever.. Indian in USA... is it normal? FSWO... no UCI either ... should I be worried?

sinabagh

Nov 24, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

select each section to figure out your points

I just had another thought. Is your work experience in a category C NOC? Something like data entry clerk is category C, while administrative assistant is category B.
Thanks for the link. the way I calculated it, it came down to 68 and I pretty much downplayed the work experience otherwise it could be 70.
I believe my experience is category A since all my previous jobs required at least a Bachelor's degree.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Thanks for the link. the way I calculated it, it came down to 68 and I pretty much downplayed the work experience otherwise it could be 70.
I believe my experience is category A since all my previous jobs required at least a Bachelor's degree.
The way we figured out our problem was just to resubmit with different answers until we found what the problem was. It was stressful and tedious.

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
It’s been 3 weeks today.. I have no updates what so ever.. Indian in USA... is it normal? FSWO... no UCI either ... should I be worried?
Since when AOR? Nothing to worry about. I was a PNP candidate and it was 3 months before I got med passed and UCI. You can look at other FSWO's on the forum or trackers linked from the forum to get a idea.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Post a breakdown of your point calculations?

actionjack

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Hi all, I just applied for EE a couple of days ago with a score of 444. I'm thinking that will be good enough to get an invite in the next few rounds, so I got my fingerprints done today through a channeler. I got the report back and it says:
A SEARCH OF THE FINGERPRINTS PROVIDED BY
THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS REVEALED NO PRIOR
ARREST DATA AT THE FBI. THIS DOES NOT
PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT
THE STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

Is that what they all say? Do I need to get a local police certificate, too?
I got the same letter just today. Does anyone have an answer to this? Do you also need to get state and local records?