12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hello,

I did document my journey to getting Canadian PR. Thought I'd share the experience and tips for those who are interested.

STEP 1 – LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY

• Register to take the IELTS- General Training Exam.

• Test fee is USD 225. Most places in the US offer them twice a month and usually on Saturdays.

• It comprises of Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking
  • Minimum English language level is CLB 7. Average 6 across all sections.

• Remember to register your names as it appears on your unexpired passport.

• Once you register you will get free study material through your email.

• On test day, take your passport with you and arrive early especially if you’re not familiar with the place.

• At the check in table, they will verify your identity and take your picture and fingerprints. You will have to scan in when you leave the test room (breaks, bathroom).

• Listen/read instructions and do NOT turn exam paper unless told to do so. Failure to comply, or class disruption will result in a warning slip- 3 and you’re out!

• Pencils and erasers are provided by the test center.

• You can take a clear water bottle with you.

• Test scores are available online 13 days after you take it. Official scores will be mailed shortly thereafter. Keep the candidate number safe. You will use it to create your EE profile.

• Do NOT send results directly to CIC! Submit your test information with your application.

• Keep your original test scores.

• Find a test center in the link below.
https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location

STEP 2 – EDUCATION CREDENTIALS EVALUATION

• Several institutions can evaluate your diplomas. Almost all charge USD 200 + postage.

• The ECA should be not more than 5 years old.

• I personally recommend WES because it is faster and postage service to the US is cheaper.

• For those in regulated professions like medical and pharmacy please refer to CIC website for the designated organizations that evaluate credentials.

International Credential Evaluation Service ICES

http://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/

International Credential Assessment Service ICAS

http://www.icascanada.ca/new/default.aspx

World Education Services WES

http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/

Comparative Education Service CES

http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/immigration

• Have your Post-Secondary official transcripts sent directly from the school to the evaluating institution. Since I had my transcripts already in a sealed envelope, I sent them directly to WES.

• You can send your Bachelor’s and Master’s degree for evaluation for the flat fee.

• Make sure your reference number from WES is on every envelope. You get this reference number once you register on the WES website.

• Print and mail completed checklist with your application. (copies of completed degrees, official transcripts, signed application form, proof of name- copy of passport)

• I used UPS and it cost me about $10 to send.
STEP 3- CREATE EE PROFILE

• Once you have your IELTS test score and ECA, please create your profile.

• Please do NOT lie on your profile because this information will carry over to your permanent residency application if invited to apply. You will not be able to change this information.

• You need to meet a minimum of points to apply under the program.

• Indicate you’re interested in all provinces for higher chance to get selected in one of the Provincial Nomination Programs, PNP.

• Submit your profile and you will be asked to register for Job Bank where employers can find you.

• If you get a job offer you should update your profile with the employer and LMIA information.

• If you feel confident (high points) that you will be invited to apply, I highly recommend getting the FBI report if you live in the US. Wait times are usually more than 2 months.

• Start researching panel physicians from the CIC website for your medical report. Remember you can NOT just go to any doctor. They have to be approved by CIC. Call to find what the wait times are.

• Patiently wait for invitation to apply.

STEP 4- INVITATION TO APPLY

• You will receive a list of required documents. This depends on the information you submitted on your EE profile.

• Most of the information from your EE profile carries over to your PR application.

• Carefully fill out the application and make sure all items are correctly filled out. Attached supporting documents.

• Get reference letters from your past/present employer(s). I created a template that includes all the requested information and sent it out to my former and current employers.

• Remember employment letter needs to be on official company letterhead. Template available for a small fee.

• It is best to send an email to your employer so if they reject your request, you can submit the rejection along with your paystubs to CIC.

• Visit your bank and speak to them in person about getting a letter with the requested information.

• If for any reason you do not have the requested documents, you can upload an explanation letter with your application.

• You have 90 days to submit your application. Good luck!!!

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hello, I'm interested in getting the template for the employer's reference letter.
Hi,
This is what I sent to my HR and had them fill it in. Make sure it is on official letterhead. It has all the requested information from CIC hope it helps.

Date

RE: Letter of Reference for __________

To whom it may concern:

I am pleased to provide this letter to certify that ________is an employee of ________ and has been employed with the company from_______ to ________.

_________ is employed on a permanent full-time basis working ____ hours per week as a __________. She receives a total annual salary of _______ US Dollars and benefits include ______. In her role, her main responsibilities and duties include:

For further information please do not hesitate to contact me,

Sincerely,

Signature

Name
Position
Email

Reactions: MannyQ and megaman

parcha

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info! If you don't mind sharing it, what was your score on the CRS? How long did it take for you to get your ITA? I'm afraid I might be a few points short, although I haven't taken the IELTS yet.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Thanks for the info! If you don't mind sharing it, what was your score on the CRS? How long did it take for you to get your ITA? I'm afraid I might be a few points short, although I haven't taken the IELTS yet.
Hi ,
I think you have to take the IELTS to be even eligible to apply.
The score cutoff has been going down as of late but mine was 481; this was back in Sept 2016. It took about 2 weeks to get ITA.
Good luck!

MannyQ

Oct 6, 2017
Hi,
This is what I sent to my HR and had them fill it in. Make sure it is on official letterhead. It has all the requested information from CIC hope it helps.

Date

RE: Letter of Reference for __________

To whom it may concern:

I am pleased to provide this letter to certify that ________is an employee of ________ and has been employed with the company from_______ to ________.

_________ is employed on a permanent full-time basis working ____ hours per week as a __________. She receives a total annual salary of _______ US Dollars and benefits include ______. In her role, her main responsibilities and duties include:

For further information please do not hesitate to contact me,

Sincerely,

Signature

Name
Position
Email

Thank you very much!