+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgently need help and advice on Student Permit & Spouse Open Work Permit Application!

Mr. Leo12

Apr 7, 2022
Hi All,

I applied Visitor Visas (VV) (less than 6 months) for my family and myself in mid May and still under processing. The previous processing time was around 30 days, but more than 100 days now.

We would like to cancel the applications and want to apply the Student Permit (SP) for myself, the Open Work Permit (SOWP) for my spouse, and Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for our child.

Is it recommend to cancel the current VV application and apply SP and TRV now? What are the possible outcomes if we do so?

Please advise! And thanks in advance.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Not sure given the fact that they applications for different purposes. However, as far as I know, I don't see any issue with applying for a SP with a VV still in process. If I were you, I would explain in the letter of intent that currently, there is a VV being processed and explain why you submitted that application in the first place.

desperator7788

May 19, 2022
CHN
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
UNKNOWN
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 3 2022
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
Feb 14 2022 Upfront
We applied sp+owp when our VVs were still under processing. We initially wanted to wait for VVS result but it took too long so we had to submit our sp+owp

Reactions: Mr. Leo12

Mr. Leo12

Apr 7, 2022
We applied sp+owp when our VVs were still under processing. We initially wanted to wait for VVS result but it took too long so we had to submit our sp+owp
Congratuations! Thanks for sharing your incredible application journey!
What is your explanation gvien when you applying for SP + OWP?
We are planning to appy it end of this month. Please share!
Thanks again in advance!

Mr. Leo12

Apr 7, 2022
Not sure given the fact that they applications for different purposes. However, as far as I know, I don't see any issue with applying for a SP with a VV still in process. If I were you, I would explain in the letter of intent that currently, there is a VV being processed and explain why you submitted that application in the first place.
Thanks for the info! Cheers!

Mr. Leo12

Apr 7, 2022
Hello,
Please share your explanation given when you applying for SP + OWP when VVs were still under processing. I am eager to know because we are planning to apply end of this month.
Thanks again in advance!