+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Visa Office change request after PPR

olivia0827

Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm an FSW outlander who got ppr today. I'm also facing the same situation of changing VO now. The information letter stated:"If you or any of your accompanying family members are outside Canada or the United States, please contact CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office." Hopefully I can get a quick reply...

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
olivia0827 said:
I'm an FSW outlander who got ppr today. I'm also facing the same situation of changing VO now. The information letter stated:"If you or any of your accompanying family members are outside Canada or the United States, please contact CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office." Hopefully I can get a quick reply...
Welcome to the VO switch team ;)

christy23

Aug 22, 2015
Are we going to get a new ppr from local visa office after the changing or we can submit with original ppr..and confirmation from cic of change vo

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
Just received PPR! Can I go ahead and submit my passport to the Ottawa Office since I am in Canada while I await instructions on how to submit my dependents passport to their local visa office?

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
Can anyone say the fax number in Ottawa so I can fax visa office change request. I have already sent the email but would love to send a fax to see if it would speed up the process.

u2cc

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
1 May
Replying here to bring this thread to the surface for people to discuss their journey of requesting VO change.

Still waiting for a reply from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. Anyone who has received reply please kindly post here. :)

kuldeep1401

Dec 22, 2014
I have been following up with your posts and lots of them have been really helpful for me.

I was hoping if you can help me in a situation here, I live in New Delhi India, and recently a week back i received my PPR, hence i wrote to CPC-CTD Ottawa for change of VO, Its has been a week now and i have recived no revert.

So to be on the safer side i contacted my local VO in delhi at Delhiimmigration@international,gc.ca and they have reverted with a new PPR from delhi office stating that i should submit my passport in a nearby VFS office of canada.

So what do you suggest should i wait for CPC-CTD Ottawa reply or should i submit a passport, you see i dont want to jeopardize my whole year labour on the one silly mistake.

Regards,
Kuldeep Singh

NadsC

Nov 5, 2015
Optimisticlady said:
Can anyone say the fax number in Ottawa so I can fax visa office change request. I have already sent the email but would love to send a fax to see if it would speed up the process.

By fax

613-946-6059

Make sure that you include your name, file number, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) to help us identify your application.
Do not send repeat enquiries, this includes sending the same enquiry by multiple means, as it creates confusion and can delay our reply.

santaita7

Sep 28, 2015
Hi All!

I just got an email from CPC - CTD Ottawa. I'm currently in my home country in Europe and that's what my email says:

"If you are unable to submit any of the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that alternate arrangements can be explored."

How do I ask for a change to a LVO? I just email that to the address included in the email? Any specific explanation I should provide for the change?

Thanks!!

pr_rider

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
In land
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
27-05-2015
File Transfer...
27-05-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-05-2015
I need Help !!!!
i received PPR today, and I need to change from Ottawa to a Visa Office near me. however there is no Canadian Embassy in my country , can I change the Visa office of any other country or there is only one specific visa office for every country ?
please help

xingsingh

Dec 22, 2014
Guys,

I got my PPR request today. I'm in Australia and my Wife is in India how to handle this situation what should I write to CIC for change in VISA office for both of us.

OhMyCanada!

Sep 1, 2015
Hi Manil,

Are you saying it is a MUST that all applicants(main applicant+ accompanyin) should be present when landing in Canada? What If I choose to go first as main applicant, and then arrange for my family to follow in a month or two(when the visas are still valid), is there a problem with that? Am asking because it may not be that easy to have everything leave at one go....so there could be need to do such arrangements.

At least the officers by the border will still see that I, the main applicant an already in, and its only my accompanying family now following ?

Please seniors, kindly clarify this for me.

Thanks.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhMyCanada! said:
Hi Manil,

Are you saying it is a MUST that all applicants(main applicant+ accompanyin) should be present when landing in Canada? What If I choose to go first as main applicant, and then arrange for my family to follow in a month or two(when the visas are still valid), is there a problem with that? Am asking because it may not be that easy to have everything leave at one go....so there could be need to do such arrangements.

At least the officers by the border will still see that I, the main applicant an already in, and its only my accompanying family now following ?

Please seniors, kindly clarify this for me.

Thanks.
Yes the principal applicant, the secondary applicant and any other family members identified as accompanying both the principal and secondary applicants need to be physically present at the time of landing.

One of the reasons this is done is to verify that the people actually exist and can be identified. I know it may not be convenient but this also reduces the risk of fraud and helps preserve integrity in the immigration process.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
JoacRy said:
Yes the principal applicant, the secondary applicant and any other family members identified as accompanying both the principal and secondary applicants need to be physically present at the time of landing.

One of the reasons this is done is to verify that the people actually exist and can be identified. I know it may not be convenient but this also reduces the risk of fraud and helps preserve integrity in the immigration process.
I disagree!.
I believe PA can land first, then dependents can follow. OR they land together. Only Dependent is not allowed to land first.
Check here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-dependants-land-in-canada-before-principal-applicant-t94679.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-professional-pr-can-my-wife-land-alone-t49197.0.html;wap2=