+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!! Visa extension after being nominated

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
HELP...!!

My current visa is going to expire by the end of this month, Nov 29, and I have got the support letter asking me to renew my current visa. SO, my problem is, I have to go back to my country on Nov 26 and will come back to Vancouver 2 weeks later. if I apply for my visa extension now, I will lose my implied status once I leave the country and which means, I can't continue working until I get my work visa after I come back.

My question is, how long will the visa renewal with a PNP support letter usually take? If that is within 3 weeks then I can pretty much submit my online app now so that I will get the renewed work permit when I come back. OR, if it is gonna take months, should I wait until I come back and renew my work permit at the airport? My current visa will be expired by then and I will have to pay an additional $200 for the late application.

If anyone had experience on PNP work visa extension before, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Thanks guys

nudang99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2015
Nomination.....
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
December 2015
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 3 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 16 2016
LANDED..........
August 18 2016
I have the same problem with you but I live in BC and my immigration consultant haven't sent out my PNP documents yet. I can not renew my work permit at this time I have to wait for the PNP nomination paper back from GOV then I can use that paper to apply for work permit renewal. They said if you have the case number for your PNP, You will be able to stay here. even though, your visa and work permit are expired. These are the information i've got from my consultant. Hope it help you!!! One of our friend sent out the renewal and PNP doc at the same time ans the work permit got rejected. I think you should be fine. ;D

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
nudang99 said:
I have the same problem with you but I live in BC and **spam** haven't sent out my PNP documents yet. I can not renew my work permit at this time I have to wait for the PNP nomination paper back from GOV then I can use that paper to apply for work permit renewal. They said if you have the case number for your PNP, You will be able to stay here. even though, your visa and work permit are expired. These are the information i've got from my consultant. Hope it help you!!! One of our friend sent out the renewal and PNP doc at the same time ans the work permit got rejected. I think you should be fine. ;D
yea..im pretty sure I can come back and stay..but the problem is I'm not sure about if I can work after I come back since my visa will be expired by the time.. but WHAT? your friend got rejected on the work permit app even if he had the PNP support letter? is that even possible..?

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys,
these days extending your work permit on behalf of your nomination is taking about 45-50 days
I know its long, i got mine in 5 days but it was in early this year (2012)
but cic change its proccessing times, time by time
hope i answered the question
thanks

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada (28/09/2010)
Hi,

Are you sure that you will have to pay the 200$ if you apply at the airport after coming back? I would think that it means that you are leaving the country after expiary of your visa as promised and now you are coming back applying for a new visa.

When I got my SINP letter and the letter to get a work visa I went to the states to get my work visa on the way back (otherwise I would have had to wait 3 months). Everything worked just fine.

What kinda visa are you gonna apply for? Also work visa? How do you know that you will have to pay the 200$?

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
emanager said:
hello guys,
these days extending your work permit on behalf of your nomination is taking about 45-50 days
I know its long, i got mine in 5 days but it was in early this year (2012)
but cic change its proccessing times, time by time
hope i answered the question
thanks
did you apply online or you leave the country and came back in to get it? 5 days is really fast man...

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
JCS said:
Hi,

Are you sure that you will have to pay the 200$ if you apply at the airport after coming back? I would think that it means that you are leaving the country after expiary of your visa as promised and now you are coming back applying for a new visa.

When I got my SINP letter and the letter to get a work visa I went to the states to get my work visa on the way back (otherwise I would have had to wait 3 months). Everything worked just fine.

What kinda visa are you gonna apply for? Also work visa? How do you know that you will have to pay the 200$?
coz I checked on the gov site that it states if you want to get your implied status again after leaving the country, you will have to pay for another application fee. which is $200 if your visa has expired already. I just dont get it... how did you get your work visa? just leave the country and came back in? was your visa still valid at the time you renewed it? I applied BC PNP and got the support letter. Im just worried coz there may be a problem with my visa since it's already expired when I come back and they dont let me work..

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laikayung said:
did you apply online or you leave the country and came back in to get it? 5 days is really fast man...
I applied online and I didnt have miltiple entry of canada neither I had US visa to go to USA, but as i told CIC keep changing the processing times, it was fast earlier in this year.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
ThreeSquareImm said:
When you mean support letter do you mean Nomination Certificate? Or are you talking about a letter in support of your work visa?
Yeah I mean the support letter from the PNP advisor. I got nominated already.

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Why do you want implied status? If you have the letter of nomination and that's enough to apply for a work permit (I don't know how it works for PNP BC) than you will just go immigration Canada at the airport when you come back to Canada. You'll pay you 150$ normal processing fee for work permits and they'll issue it within 15 minutes.
DON'T apply for your work visa now and instead wait until you come back from your holidays. That way you will get your work visa right away.

I got my nomination and a support letter to get a work permit (I was here for two years on International Experience Canada). Because I didn't want to wait three month to get health care (my german private insurance ran out and I needed work permit to apply for health care in SK) my coworker drove me to the nearest port of entry with an immigration office (in my case north portal). To make good use of it we didn't just go to the states and right back but we drove all the way to Minot on a shopping trip. On the way back we told the lady at the canadian border that I want to apply for my work permit and she sent us inside. There I gave my support letter to the immigration officer and she did up all the paper work send me to the desk outside to pay the fee and when I came back I waited another five minutes and had my work permit attached to my passport.

You have always two options when you get your support letter for a work permit. You either apply to CIC direct and wait about three months or you go to your nearest port of entry with a immigration bureau and get it within 15 minutes (unless you have a bunch of people in front of you, than of course it will take longer). Vancouver has an immigration office at the airport so when you come back from your holidays you will tell the officer at the norder that you want to go to immigration canada to get your work permit. Show them your support letter right then and there and they should send you where you need to go.

Everything of course if you have a support letter stating that it is for a work permit.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
JCS said:
Why do you want implied status? If you have the letter of nomination and that's enough to apply for a work permit (I don't know how it works for PNP BC) than you will just go immigration Canada at the airport when you come back to Canada. You'll pay you 150$ normal processing fee for work permits and they'll issue it within 15 minutes.
DON'T apply for your work visa now and instead wait until you come back from your holidays. That way you will get your work visa right away.

I got my nomination and a support letter to get a work permit (I was here for two years on International Experience Canada). Because I didn't want to wait three month to get health care (my german private insurance ran out and I needed work permit to apply for health care in SK) my coworker drove me to the nearest port of entry with an immigration office (in my case north portal). To make good use of it we didn't just go to the states and right back but we drove all the way to Minot on a shopping trip. On the way back we told the lady at the canadian border that I want to apply for my work permit and she sent us inside. There I gave my support letter to the immigration officer and she did up all the paper work send me to the desk outside to pay the fee and when I came back I waited another five minutes and had my work permit attached to my passport.

You have always two options when you get your support letter for a work permit. You either apply to CIC direct and wait about three months or you go to your nearest port of entry with a immigration bureau and get it within 15 minutes (unless you have a bunch of people in front of you, than of course it will take longer). Vancouver has an immigration office at the airport so when you come back from your holidays you will tell the officer at the norder that you want to go to immigration canada to get your work permit. Show them your support letter right then and there and they should send you where you need to go.

Everything of course if you have a support letter stating that it is for a work permit.
By that does it mean even if my visa has expired when I come back, I can still get the visa right away at the boarder? I have one more question, can I just go to the airport(without leaving the country) and get my visa renewed? is that possible that way?

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes because you did everything right in accordance with your present visa, so when you come back into the country you just apply for a new work visa.

No you have to leave the country and come back to renew your visa.

If you want to be 100% sure just call CIC and ask them if it works like that with your visa. That's what I did and they told me where to go. I also asked them if I can just go to the airport and they said no.
If I were you I would take the time to call CIC (you don't have to give your information) to get a peace of mind.

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
don't mix visas and permits, german citizens don't need visa to enter canada, and for example ukrainian citizens must have one. While you in Canada you can extend your work permit to stay legally inside country, if you want to travel outside and come back you must apply for a new temporary resident visa. Check CIC.

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
verveiko said:
don't mix visas and permits, german citizens don't need visa to enter canada, and for example ukrainian citizens must have one. While you in Canada you can extend your work permit to stay legally inside country, if you want to travel outside and come back you must apply for a new temporary resident visa. Check CIC.
That's why I kept talking about work permit and tried to find out what letter he got and if it is for a work permit. I never got a reply to that. I am talking about work permits and how to get them and not visa.